Dashboard Controller for Homey
App Store Page : TBD
App is currently under certification!
You can now use your Homey to control your IoT dashboards. Use Homey to load sites, dashboards or other applications and control your screen (on/off, brightness). You can even use your device as a security camera.
I personally use it to:
- Start the day with showing a news site so that I can read up on the headlines
- Show the dashboard, but if I leave and rain is detected startup the local rain alarm app.
- Automatically turn screen of when I’m not home
- When a device is playing music from Spotify, launch the Spotify app so that I can control the music.
Currently only Android devices are supported via Fully Browser.
Hopefully in the future more drivers will be added.
Install and configure Fully Browser
Install Fully Browser from Google Playstore. Please consider buying a PLUS license key to support the authors of this app. Open the app and configure at least the following options.
- enable remote administration and set a password (this is required).
- enable motion detection if you want to use the device as a security camera.
- Enable all required permissions, it is a lot but this ensures that Fully browser will continue to run
Add your Fully Browser device in Homey
After you have set up Fully Browser on your Android device you can add it as device within Homey like any other device. You will need to fill in the URL (e.g. http://10.0.1.1:2323), password and a poll frequency. The default polling frequency is 15 seconds. You can find the URL in the remote administration settings in the Fully Browser.
So far only Fully Browser is supported because this is what I personally use. However, I’m sure other software exists for controlling your dashboards. Anyone is welcome to contribute to this app by provided new drivers.
Also additional translations for this app is highly appreciated.