[Abandoned] deCONZ

I understand same here just one switch to go

What features does Athom want to be implemented? If this project gets killed in the future, I probably need to move to Home assistant or something. I really like my Homey, but if I can’t control my numerous Zigbee devices there’s probably no other option then to leave this platform. :disappointed_relieved:

Maybe I should try the new V5 zigbee implementation. Maybe it’s possible to connect more than 40+ devices now.

1 Like

I know @MadMonkey isn’t actively developing currently due to everything mentioned above (although still not 100% clear for me, and is on need-to-know basis, so that’s fine).

I moved my vibaration sensor and while it does say it has been moved, it doesn’t show a alarm anymore. Don’t know if that’s intentional, but at least it’s of my plate :wink:

Is it possible to add a second USB stick ConBee 2 to Homey?

There is no USB port on the Homey to add a Conbee stick, let alone a second one. What do you mean?

And if you mean you want to add a second deconz server to the app, the short answer is ; no, that’s not possible. You can however try and copy the app, alter the app ID and install through CLI. Bit of a hassle if you ask me.

Assuming you want to add another deconz server; why don’t you just use one?

I use a first ConBee USB stick to cover another area in my house that is too far from Homey. I thought I could cover the garden with one or the other but with the stone walls the signal does not pass. Hence the interest of a second stick. (Or another solution)

I made a topic here so as not to pollute this one:

1 Like

I think Osram has outdoor plugs you might be able to use as router/repeater, or maybe put a bulb somewhere just outside but near the home? It doesn’t have to be connected directly to the Conbee stick, it’s a mesh network.

1 Like

Has anyone else also noticed with the latest deCONZ app version(s), when you remove and re-add an Aqara Motion sensor the orange alarm indicator no longer shows on the device icon? On the properties page it does still shows the flashing “Motion Alarm - Yes” though.

I had a Hubitat shortly before Homey, and would have loved to keep it. But IMO the Hubitat UI really needs an serious overhaul, it looks like a y2k website. To be honest that’s the one and only reason I ended up with Homey: the Android + Web App and maybe the user-friendly flows. I actually use the app quite often and there is really no usable app for Hubitat.

And I think the same applies to HA: just not user friendly enough yet.

Would be nice to see a Hubitat plugin for Homey though. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to set the temperature?

at the app page it only says

When…

The temperature changed

It looks like the deCONZ app is really gone.
It’s no longer on Github either. :frowning:

Dat is mooi zuur.

I see the link in the 1st post and clicking on it redirects me to the app in the homey store.

:thinking::thinking:

https://homey.app/de-de/app/de.dresden-elektronik.deconz/deCONZ/

The homey.app store isn’t the same as Github. So don’t really understand why the store get’s pointed out.

Because the post was ambiguous. It suggested (at least, that’s how I read it) that the app was removed from both the app store and Github.

1 Like

Yes, you could put it like that. What I read was, it is really gone as a general statement, and the motivation for that is it not being on github anymore.

How then too, it’s a pitty.

Sorry for the confusion, I indeed meant to say it looks like it’s no longer maintained! :grimacing:

In the mean time: could someone please check if they still get an Alarm on the device icon of a newly added Aqara motion sensor or not (like me)? :slight_smile:

Old ones yes, new no

So now the Github repository is removed no one can even overtake this project?

3 Likes