[Abandoned] deCONZ

For me the range is far better.

Welcome Tim.

The same problem for me. Anyone?

1 Like

I managed to fix it by upgrading the firmware of the conbee II stick. Now a new issue appeared but I think its the combination of Deconz and homeykit; temperature sensors show as switches in Homekit :frowning:

You are right @timvdhoorn . It solved the problem for me too.

Since the last three days I used Tradfri bulbs and had no problems anymore with lost connections to my Aqara sensors. So today I went to Ikea and bought 3 Range Extenders and added them to deCONZ. Tomorrow I am going to bind my sensors to these Range Extenders. Finally something which is working.

1 Like

Good to hear :slight_smile: for me the only thing left is the homekit sensors!

Hello,

Could anyone help me with disabling the button.updateState and button.Repair capabilities? Because of those I am not able to add the devices propertly to Homekit. Thank yu

Hi @MadMonkey, is it possible to revert back to 12.2 version? For me the latest version adds bugged buttons to my devices.

And again I see two buttons fro the Aqara door sensor in the Homey app. And in HomeKit via Homeykit as switch. Out of the blue…

I decided to upgrade my Homey to v5 and tried again by using the Zigbee plugins (also in test) now everything works like a charm. Note that zigbee is rewritten on v5

Quick question. I used to be running deCONZ on a docker image on my Synology. I was experiencing weird delays throughout the day. Now, my Synology is ~10 years old and has problems keeping up. It runs on Intel Atom and thus is a bit slow. Since @TedTolboom released his Aqara app for v5 I moved all zigbee devices back to the homey. But now the Homey struggles a lot, so I would like to move the zigbee devices back to another system again.

I’m looking for a way to have the best performance. I currently own a Pi2 which is actively used as a DNS server (pihole) and also I have a Pi1 which is currently catching dust.

Both pi’s are supported, but the Pi1 doesn’t have much performance power if you ask me but the Pi2 is already in use and I don’t fancy the idea to combine roles eg combining the DNS server with deCONZ. The synology is overwhelm as is and is pretty old.

But what’s the advise, just go for the Pi1 and see what happens performance wise? My wife is going to kill me if there’s not getting a decent solution any time soon :wink: .

Just buy my DS1513+ and you’ll be fine…

At least its a generation newer than my 1812+ :wink: (btw, that’s not really answering my question).

I don’t think deCONZ takes up a lot of resources, so I would suggesting trying the Pi1.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch what version of Homey do you have?

Early 2016, why?

Because you mentioned that your Homey struggles a lot. The Early 2019 Homey should not have this kind of troubles. Maybe I am give it a try next weekend.

I still see my Aqara door sensors a switches. In deCONZ everything is working fine. Looking for a solution.

The early 2019 isn’t any different than the 2016 except for the mic and nfc not being available with the 2019 model. Hopefully you’ll have a different experience than me.

I think I have some kind of explanation there: in homey, maintenance actions are defined as buttons with the setting “maintenance” = true. For some unknown reason homey added the buttons for you but not the option s.t they appear as maintenance option in the ui.

First of all these buttons still should be fully functionaly (update state manually and repair). Secondly I’ve created an update that might fix the issue (after max 15 minutes of the installation) but to be honest I don’t know yet for sure why homey ignores this maintenance setting

Thanks @MadMonkey.

I had the update a few hours ago. When I noticed the update I added my aqara sensors again to deCONZ because they were disconnected 1 day ago. I removed them manually from the deCONZ database to be sure that nothing was left.

After adding them to Homey I looked into HomeyKit and saw that they were added as switches instead of contacts. Maybe this also has something to do with the HomeyKit app…

It is hard to find the problem because each time something is different then the previous attempt.

Seems I am the only one who has this kind of problems. :thinking:

If I need to provide some logs, please let me know.

Added some pictures to see what I mean.

You are not the only one. I’ve got those buttons too in homey. Same goes for the homekit application. I can turn ‘off’ the Kantoordeur for example. Maybe @MadMonkey and I don’t know if it is possible to transfer these update/repair settings to the advanced section of the devices. My best guess is homekit now gets the ‘button’ information from homey and thus thinks you can turn it off and on…