[Abandoned] deCONZ

And you already have the key?

Yes. It’s running on my Raspberry and work with the HA integration.

Ye, look… there are a couple of components. I don’t know what your talking about, one can only assume. What is a ‘my deconz key’, in my honest opinion this would be the authentication key. But that cannot be connected to a RPi4. So I was assuming you meant the Conbee II stick. Don’t be a dick with c/p’ing your own unclear messages to prove your point.

If the deCONZ integration with HA works, then you already have a authentication key (probably, but I don’t know how the integration with HA works). So just reuse this key inside the Homey app settings.

Sorry this is a misunderstanding. I had made a copy of my message to put it on Google Translate to verify what I had said. By selecting a message on the forum it quotes him. Sorry for this confusion. It was not the intention!

Indeed I am talking about a USB key, the Conbee II. It is connected to my RPi 4.

So do you have an authentication key ? What have you entered in the homey app? Are the ports correct?

Auto discovery in deCONZ Homey App does not work. (May be because i use a domain name for HA)

So i tried with my domain “https://***.duckdns.org” and port 443"
I tried too with my Raspberry local IP 192.168… and port 8123 (default port of HA)

“Request key” does not work with any information.

I dont know where i can find the other information

I think we’re running into some issues with your installation. We cannot help you because you don’t have a default setup.

Normally, you run deCONZ on a dedicated server (docker or whatever). Then you expose 2 ports, by default 80 and 443, and in case of a docker you can use port redirects (most probably 8080 and 8443).

Port 8123, don’t know what this is. Is this the port where phoscon runs on? Or HA? And what about the websocket port, has this been redirected? I at least assume HA also runs on 443.

Request key will never work if you don’t have the correct information.

The default port for Home Assistant.

Yes, and so this is not the port of phoscon or the websocket port. So it won’t ever work using 8123.

My network is made as follows for HA:
My domain name (which listens to the dynamic address given to me by my ISP) -> Port 443 redirected to my HA (192.168.x.x: 8123)

HA works very well, the Conbee II key also

I don’t quite understand what the websocket port is.

Tbh this has nothing to do with the App it self, it is merely a configuration issue. I guess it would be better if you start a new dedicated thread for your issue. Copy and paste all information provided above and some one will absolutely help you out.

ah! I think I understand something.

Wouldn’t the phoscon integration of HA be a server itself running in the HA server?

Yes.

I guess so, but I don’t have any HA knowledge. I know HA has a number of ways of communicating with the conbee stick and working with deCONZ… don’t know which solution you are using, but agiain, it has nothing to do with the deconz app for homey.

I have deconz installed on HASS running on a synology nas. But when trying to config this app i get “unable to find deconz gateway”

Is there anything more i should do then whats described in first post?

Announcement
The latest version now supports backups! This works the following way:

• There is a new flow card available that will request a DeConz backup and that will store it on your homey! This way you can freely choose when to take a backup
  • Currently there can only be one backup at the time
  • If you wan’t to apply the backup you need to go to the app config -> advanced -> backup. Note: you need to apply it manually, there is currently no option to directly restore it from the app

Important: I needed to get very creative for the option to get the backup out of the app as Homey is very locked there. The solution is a proper one although it might be that it does not work on older devices. Just let me know if it does not work for you

1 Like

Which version is this in? I’m using 1.20.0 but not seeing advanced settings. Would love to test.

How does you deCONZ network configuration looks like in HA?

He now has his own topic: Need help to configurate deCONZ app for Home Assistant and Homey - #2 by sebyldino

But the websockts by default being disabled could very well be the issue here.

Your app config does look different than this?

Backup tester , says ok and I will try downloading when I’m home.

Thanks