[Abandoned] deCONZ

Does a TRV device support battery level indication? This one uses 2xAA so it would be nice to be able to set a low battery alert?

No battery is reported by deConz. I don’t know if this just isn’t reflected by the api or if it is really no there. As the guys from deconz do a pretty good job there I assume it is really not provided

@MadMonkey Some other issues with the vibration sensors. To test I have 1 connected to Homey (Aqara app), and one using deCONZ (Test=drop both at the same time).

• The deCONZ one does not show an orange alert indicator on the device icon when the alarm triggers (neither on the device info page), see screenshots
  • When I look at the deCONZ sensor alert state, I will periodically see “x minutes ago” while the sensor has not been touched, which is confusing. Does this value change when the device periodically connects to deCONZ (even when no alert was triggered?) I expect it to display the time when it last triggered (this works as expected with the Aqara app).
  • I also noticed this morning that a flow that triggers on the tilt alarm started correctly (so I know an alert triggered), but it did not show up in the alert history of the device (last entry was of yesterday)?
  • Aqara version has one more data field (no big deal)
  • The device icon in Homey does not display the current temperature like other thermostats do (it’s fixed to 10 degrees)?

No alert indicator on deCONZ:

Aqara app (orange on alert):

Deconz (no alert color change):

Current Temp not displayed (always 20)

1 Like

Don’t think it is in the API:

"ep": 1,
"etag": "184004b27e66edb0d4037ea09426348f",
"lastseen": "2021-02-12T08:10Z",
"manufacturername": "LUMI",
"modelid": "lumi.vibration.aq1",
"name": "Vibration (kt)",
"state": {
  "lastupdated": "2021-02-12T08:10:52.359",
  "orientation": [
  ],
  "tiltangle": 50,
  "vibration": false,
  "vibrationstrength": 2
},
"swversion": "20180130",
"type": "ZHAVibration",
"uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:02:af:d4:e8-01-0101"
},

So maybe better to open a issue with deCONZ?

1 Like

Well, it does seem to trigger an Alarm correctly (Tilt Alarm=Yes, as visible in the screenshot), but it seems like the state is not properly reflected/handled in Homey?

BTW: When I play around with it a bit (drop/tilt/turn etc.), the detected values themselves all look credible.

Oh sorry! I thought you we’re referring to the ‘drop’ alarm. But as I now understand it doesn’t get a alarm with the device icon, even though it has a tilt alarm turned on? If that’s the case I do think @MadMonkey is able to fix this.

Just out of curiosity and keep it really brief, but for what are you using this? I’ve got such a device but cannot think of anything I can do with it.

In this case as a test to detect when someone goes to bed or gets up. I just put it under the mattress topper near the edge of the bed and it will give a Tilt alert when someone gets in or out. Combined with some time constraints (after 21:00 and after 6:00) and a Stopwatch (=only trigger on first event) that worked pretty well with the Aqara app, but some tuning in placement and sensitivity is required.

Unfortunately with the same sensors connected to deCONZ this method is not reliable any more because the alerts incorrectly trigger every 5-10 minutes or so (even without any actual movement) due to the issue described in my previous post.

1 Like

A question about (Generic) Power Plugs. I have a bunch of cheap Blitzwolf Smart Plugs (BW-SHP13), but it seems they update power consumption (W) only every minute or so. When I read the “Electrical Measurment” cluster from vnc manually though, I can get updated values every few seconds so the actual data is available. When the plugs are connected by the Homey Tuya Zigbee app or in the native Tuya Smart Life app, they also update every few seconds.

I am wondering if device polling is exclusively handled by deCONZ, or could HomeyCONZ call the deCONZ api more frequently for updated values (e.g. 15s)?

[Update] I will ask at the deCONZ community.

1 Like

HomeyConz does not poll for realtime updates, Deconz pushed updates using a websocket. Please head over to the deconz community for this issur

2 Likes

I have now tried the new 1.22.0 beta with my Danfoss Ally thermostats connected sudssesful to my Phoscon.
I easily connect the Ally thermostat to Homey using the Generic Thermostat module in deconz 1.22.0.

• Current temperature is not displayed on badge.

• The thermostat does not register the changes I make in Homey, and Homey does not register if I manually set the thermostat manually.

The only thing that seems to work correctly is the display of the current temperature in the card.

• Homey does not display the current temperature in the badge, only the target temperature. Ask Athom to change this
  • the newly pushed beta now also displays the target temperature if you change it manually
  • setting the target temperature should work however. If not, this is something device specific. Is there a mode or so you can set? The homey app currently does not support such things

@MadMonkey Cool, I can confirm changing the setpoint on the device now updates in Homey as well!

Would you mind commenting on my Vibration sensor issues a few posts back? :slight_smile:

Seems to be just some cosmetics like showing the alert in the badge but nothing really functional? So it really hasn’t much prio to me currently as there is more important things to do like device support, other apps…and regular work

@MadMonkey I understand, and appreciate all your effort, thanks for that!

It’s actually a real functional issue, not just the alert icon not turning red. The main problem is that the Tilt alarm will activate every few minutes by itself, even if the sensor is not touched. I have a flow that starts when the tilt alert is triggered, and the flow will always start every 5-15 minutes. This means the sensor doesn’t work as expected at the moment.

Repro:

• Create flow that triggers on Tilt Alert from this sensor
  • Put sensor on the table
  • Wait…
  • Every 5-15 minutes the flow will start (so alert triggered)
  • Stangely enough when I look at the alert history on the device; that info is correct (it will display 1h ago, or 8h ago etc.)

I have tested this with multiple sensors and compared it side by side with one linked to the Aqara app. The one with on the Aqara app will also display the time it was last moved, the one on deCONZ resets every 15m even when there is no movement at all (see the 6 minutes in screenshot, on the other sensor next to it on the same table and connected in the Aqara app, it correctly displayed the time since it was moved).

[Update] From the flow logging you can see that the Tilt alarm triggers by itself every 5-15 minutes (in reality it was only triggered about 2h ago):

Looking at the api I don’t see a tilt alarm either, just “Vibration”? So not sure how it’s exposed to Homey?

"orientation": [
    ],
    "tiltangle": 22,
   "vibration": true,
    "vibrationstrength": null

The reason I used “Tilt” is simply because that worked with the Aqara app, but I’ll switch to “Vibration” just to see if that works with deCONZ.

Maybe other HomeyCONZ users that own an Aqara vibration sensor can reproduce this behavior as well?

I was indeed able to reproduce anf fix it for the next release.

PS: the tilt alarm gets simply triggered if the tilt angle has changed. Maybe I’ll be able to implement something similar to the drop alarm. Anyways, tilt- and drop alarm are both something artificial and are not directly provided by the hardware

Thanks, I figured as much after looking at the api! :slight_smile:
And does this mean the alerts now also trigger visually and show the right last activated time “x minutes ago”?

And adding drop alert would be useful as well to get feature parity with the Aqara app!

The Symfonsik remote control no longer works since the last update! There is only “press the button” but the trigger to turn is missing.

This has just been changed for better results. There now should be new event cards for rotation started/ended and rotating which come with special tags like relative rotation. After all this is quiet a diffucult device to support (also within) deconz. If I have the time I can tell a bit more about the improvements but it is not broken for sure, just improved;)

@MadMonkey Just noticed an upgrade to 1.23.0, but when I try to add 2 Vibration sensors to Homey I just get a battery icon, no vibration info? Existing ones still have vibration info.

[Update] Fixed with latest build!

fixed it, please try again

1 Like