[Abandoned] deCONZ

Still, I assume that both your Homey and your laptop are located in a spot where there’s WiFi coverage. And they won’t communicate directly but through a WiFi access point, so if there’s a range issue, move one (or both) closer to the AP.

Robert thanks for your explanation, learned something again. It’s nice that there are people like you active on this community.

My Conbee 2 runs on docker in my Synology. After 3 days some sensors show a last refresh from 14 hours ago.
Anybody has an idea how to solve this?

This is the second time it happens, the first time i had programmed the Docker again.

It entirely depends on the sensors, some sensors are in (deep) sleep when there’s nothing to report.

If you’re certain that the sensors should have updated, do they also show the same “last updated” time in the Phoscon web app?

What does your Zigbee network (mesh) look like? Might the sensors be on the edge of your network, so they can “drop off” easily? If so, you should consider adding more Zigbee router devices.

1 Like

Some updates regarding the further development of this app: There are a few feature requests and some of them I already implemented. As of Homey update broke my app/Wrong app validation · Issue #221 · athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues (github.com) I am unable to push any updates to either the store or even my homey. So as long as Athom does not provide a proper solution for the mess they caused by the latest update it is not possible to do anything here (hint for you @Emile ).

For everyone asking about Homey Bridge support: nor is it possible that this app every supports Homey Bridge nor will I ever consider support for it. Sorry

This concerns sensors that should have given a notification based on the location and activity.
Based on the last updated time, I conclude that something is not right. As an example, last updated 4 hours ago, while I was in range of the sensor 5 minutes ago.

On your advice I have now added 2 extra routers. On each floor 1.
Let’s see if this makes a difference.

What type of sensors are they? Especially the “based on location” sounds strange, because it would suggest the sensors are mobile, which isn’t really what Zigbee is meant for.

I mean that it concerns sensors in a room where I go often. So those should give last updated time that matches the detection of me. In practice, for example, I am now in the shed while the last updated time is from yesterday. It concerns Philips Hue motion detectors, Aqara motion detectors, LX meters, temperature meters.

Ah okay, make more sense :wink: Not sure how far your shed is from Homey and if you already had router devices, but expect Zigbee devices to have a range of about 10 meters (and that’s outdoors, indoors is often less).

The existing Hue lamps at the shed are Zigbee but are probably on a different channel. So i check that also. Perhaps in the shed also adding more lights with Conbee.

If you’re using the Hue hub for the lamps they will not help in extending your deCONZ network because the hub will create its own, separate, Zigbee network. Channel doesn’t really factor in, two different Zigbee networks can co-exist on the same channel.

1 Like

So if I understand correctly the issue is related to id’s not being unique and Athom have identified that as an error. They, based on this issue, have changed this behavior to still be an error for SDKv3 and a warning for SDKv2.

Updating the app to v3 is apparently in the works but you are able to update the v2 app, right?

All in all I really do hope Athom is going to address the issue properly and the app can be upgraded to SDKv3 too.

Good luck with your debate

It is taking forever for a new release of deConz, 12.6 is there for quite some time now, and my new powerplugs are pretty much useless now.

Are you sure they can’t be added as generic device (in deCONZ, I mean)? They may not show up in Phoscon but could still be controllable through the API.

yes / no. I bought these because these have more accurate power metering compared to their predecessor. They are avail with just on/off, but haven’t bought them purely for that. No matter, I’ll just wait.

I have migrated all zigbee devices (~70) from homey to deconz running on Pi a few days ago.
Up to now I very glad I did, should have done this a long time ago:
Up to now network has been 100% stable, last time I had this on homey, I was only using 3 zigbee devices :grimacing:
Reaction time went from about from 2 seconds to 0.3 seconds! (Sensor → Homey → lights, now sensor → pi → homey → pi → lights)
Now able to make stable groups, all lights of group actually turn on!
Now able to create scenes, no longer need to put 20 action cards in 1 flow!
Now able to add multiple ikea lights in 1 go, could reset them simultaneously with circuit breaker, instead of removing them from the ceiling and resetting them one by one!
Thanks @MadMonkey your my hero of the week :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, got the same experience when I switched over. You can even link zigbee light controllers directly to a zigbee light, this way even if homey or deconz is gone, the physical switch still works.

Hi, is there any guide on how to connect this app to a conbee2 stick? Have mine on a rasberry pi 4. I got the impression that it would be easy and almost take care of itself. I have tested with ip to rasberry, error. Tried with ip that I got in phoscon API information, error. Should the app download the API key yourself? I have never found anyone, is there another step I need to take that I did not understand? Is not in my confort zone directly :slight_smile:
If it looks strange, it depends on google translate / Björn

You need to allow the app to connect as 3rd party to your Deconz install that manages the conbee stick.

Since last night I have had the problem that the app keeps closing.

Reinstallation, PTP and new registration at Phoscon did not bring any improvement.

I have an USB stick Conbee II connect to RPi 4 where running Home Assistant.
I use DeConz app on Homey to communicate whith this Conbee II.

On my workshop, i have an Aqara double relay connected to the Conbee II.
On relay 1 indoor light of my workshop, on relay 2 outdoor light of my workshop.

No flow for relay 1 is create.

For relay 2 i have a flow to on/off the outdoor light of my house (fibaro switch in house). So relay 2 workshop ON/OFF => ON/OFF relay house (and same for relay house ON/OFF => ON/OFF relay 2 workshop)

Since a time, if i turn on the indoor light of my workshop, the outdoor lights (workshop and house) turn on after a few minutes.

I think there is an information saying workshop relay is ON send to Homey without differences if it’s the relay 1 or relay 2 who is ON.

Any idea like what’s happen?

The solution will be to add another Aqara relay to separate the 2 lights but it condemns 2 relays per light.