[APP][Pro&Cloud] DoorBird

v3.0.0 - 202x-xx-xx

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x).
  • Changed the relay functionality from a button to a slider under the device to avoid accidentally opening the door.
  • Moved the functionality for adding the HTTP notifications from the app settings to the individual device settings for a more robust configuration. This requires you to re-configure your notifications in the DoorBird smartphone app though. See the support forum for more information.

This new version is available in the test channel in the app store. You can only install this if you are running Homey firmware 5.x which is still in experimental phase.

Here are the new instructions for (re-)configuring the HTTP notifications.

Setting up notifications

For the doorbell alarm, motion alarm, doorbell rang, motion detected and door open trigger flow cards to work in Homey the DoorBird needs to be configured to send HTTP notifications for these events to Homey. Follow the instructions below to set this up.

• When adding your DoorBird device to Homey it will add HTTP calls to your DoorBird which the DoorBird can use to communicate with Homey.
  • Open the DoorBird smartphone app, go to the administration area and select the ‘3D or 4D motion sensor settings’ option
  • Set the pause between alarm option to your preference (during the period no new events will be send to Homey)
  • After that select the the ‘Schedule for actions’ option
  • On this page select ‘HTTP calls’ from the top left icon pull down menu and select ‘Homey Motion Trigger’ from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send motion events to Homey)
  • Go back twice and select the option ‘Relays’ and then the option ‘Schedule’
  • On this page select ‘HTTP calls’ from the top left icon pull down and select ‘Homey Relay Trigger’ from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send door open events to Homey)
  • Go back twice and select the option ‘Schedule for doorbell’
  • On this page select ‘HTTP calls’ from the top left icon pull down and select ‘Homey Doorbell Trigger’ from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send doorbell events to Homey)
  • Test your settings, everything should be setup now to receive events from your DoorBird within Homey
  • If needed you can remove and/or re-add the HTTP notifications from the device maintenance settings in Homey.

4D motion :wink:

Did you check the app, that’s what it says. I did not make a typ-o. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I did in iOS and Android its 3D with me. Do you have the correct doorbird app? :crazy_face:

Perhaps is dependent on what DoorBird you have. It was 3D when I had a D101 but is 4D now that I have a D1101V.

I have indeed a D101.

Whats the fourth demension?

Dunno. The twilight zone?

Thank you for the app, actually the only reason why I bought homey:) flow works great in test mode. But somehow real ring does not trigger any action. Also native doorbird app stopped sending push notifications:( any idea? Thanks!:wink:

Did you follow the installation instructions by the letter and properly set up the notification URLs and schedule? If so but not even the native notifications work this indicates something like a network issue?

Thank you for getting back to me. Actually just the fact you answered made it work overnight, i did not change a thing:)) magic:) now seriously, thanks for the great app. Only reason ppl buy homey are developers like you, thanks!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for a great app!
I have a Doorbird with a code panel connected to the door lock. When I create the codes to unlock the door in the Doorbird app I can assign a name to each code so that each family member gets his/her own code. Is there any way to get Homey to catch the name assigned to the code that unlocked the door? Would be great to get a push notification on my Homey system telling me who unlocked the door.

No, this information is not available in the DoorBird API.

Hey, is it possible to define your own http calls. For example i have a DoorBird with a keypad that i can allocate to specific users. These users can trigger a specific http call when entering the code. In this way i could configure my homey flow when this http call is received then start a specific flow.

You can use Homey’s native webhook functionally for this.

Hey Phuturist,

Thanks for your response but i do not have any experience with this. Do you have a sample flow you can share with me to guide me in the right direction?

Grtz

No. I dont use Homey myself anymore. It’s somewhere in the Athom support site though I believe.

Thank you for the response, will try to search the forum for some example flows.

Quick question since I’m considering a Doorbird D2101V: Is it possible to use the RFID key to open the door, which is locked with a Nuki? If so, can this be done directly with a http request to Nuki or does it have to go through Homey? If anyone can help me with this, much appreciated!

Doorbird and nuki and lot of other smartlocks communicate directly to each other. Homey is not needed to be in between.

Hi, new user here and had a question. Is it possible to add a Doorbird that is on a different vlan from the Homey device? I have the doorbird on a separate dedicated vlan but as a result the homey device cannot discover it. Networks are routable so connectivity should be in place.

Thanks