[APP][Pro&Cloud] DoorBird

This is currently not supported.

Thanks for confirming @Phuturist!

Is this something that might be supported in the near future? Or should I just re-ip my intercom? Would be nice if I can keep it on a dedicated vlan as the patch cable going to the intercom is the only one going to a public space.

You could request it as a feature on Github. I’m somewhat busy right now so it may take some time (but after waiting months for Homey firmware 5.x to become stable my service is fast as lightning and I’ll probably add it within weeks).

True, but that’s mostly about opening the door with the Doorbird app. I don’t read much about opening the door by using an RFID tag.

Thanks,

Feature request submitted on Github. On a related note, how does the discovery process currently work? Is it just a broadcast on the current network?

It uses mDNS. So yes, the DoorBird broadcasts it’s existance within it’s own network.

Ah awesome, thanks for that @Phuturist. I’ve enabled a mDNS forwarder on my network and can now discover the intercom! Being able to manually add devices is probably still useful for some so will leave the feature request in place but its no longer causing a problem for me. Thanks again!

Is it possible to have two relay options appear in Homey. I have a D2101v intercom which has two relays. I use one (default) to fully open my gates and allow vehicles through, and the other to partially open the gate (for pedestrian access). Now that I have the intercom showing in Homey, only the default relay appears. Is there a way to use the 2nd relay? Thanks

Not currently. But feel free to submit a feature request.

Can you tell me what is shown as device type when you access http://yourdoorbirdip/bha-api/info.cgi. I need that info to determine if a second relay needs to be added.

Hey @Phuturist, sure thing, it shows as:

RELAYS":[“1”,“2”],“DEVICE-TYPE”: “DoorBird D2101V”}]}}

v3.0.2 - 2021-xx-xx

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x).
  • Changed the relay functionality from a button to a slider under the device to avoid accidentally opening the door.
  • Moved the functionality for adding the HTTP notifications from the app settings to the individual device settings for a more robust configuration. This requires you to re-configure your notifications in the DoorBird smartphone app though. See the support forum for more information.
  • Added manual pairing fo those situations where mDNS is not working
  • Added a second relay slider under the device for the DoorBird D2101V

This new version is available in the test channel in the app store. You can only install this if you are running Homey firmware 5.x which is currently rolling out. Next week this version of my app will be published to the stable channel but if you want to use it now you can already.

Here are the new instructions for (re-)configuring the HTTP notifications.

Setting up notifications

For the doorbell alarm, motion alarm, doorbell rang, motion detected and door open trigger flow cards to work in Homey the DoorBird needs to be configured to send HTTP notifications for these events to Homey. Follow the instructions below to set this up.

• When adding your DoorBird device to Homey it will add HTTP calls to your DoorBird which the DoorBird can use to communicate with Homey.
  • Open the DoorBird smartphone app, go to the administration area and select the ‘3D or 4D motion sensor settings’ option
  • Set the pause between alarm option to your preference (during the period no new events will be send to Homey)
  • After that select the the ‘Schedule for actions’ option
  • On this page select ‘HTTP calls’ from the top left icon pull down menu and select ‘Homey Motion Trigger’ from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send motion events to Homey)
  • Go back twice and select the option ‘Relays’ and then the option ‘Schedule’
  • On this page select ‘HTTP calls’ from the top left icon pull down and select ‘Homey Relay Trigger’ from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send door open events to Homey)
  • Go back twice and select the option ‘Schedule for doorbell’
  • On this page select ‘HTTP calls’ from the top left icon pull down and select ‘Homey Doorbell Trigger’ from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send doorbell events to Homey)
  • Test your settings, everything should be setup now to receive events from your DoorBird within Homey
  • If needed you can remove and/or re-add the HTTP notifications from the device maintenance settings in Homey.
2 Likes

Hi @Phuturist Thanks for your update and ongoing development. Have you tested the D1101v with Homey (including v5.X)? Currently looking at replacing Ring Pro with Doorbird. Also curious if this will support single gate management? Thanks.

I have that unit myself. I have no clue what single gate management means.

Thanks @Phuturist . WRT “gate management” (sorry) Can you use Homey app to control a Doorbird-supported Electric Strike to open/close lock on a gate?

Asumming you would connect it to a relay of the D1101V than yes. The app supports switching the relay(s) of connected DoorBird devices.

1 Like

v3.0.4 - 2021-03-04

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x).
  • Changed the relay functionality from a button to a slider under the device to avoid accidentally opening the door.
  • Moved the functionality for adding the HTTP notifications from the app settings to the individual device settings for a more robust configuration. This requires you to re-configure your notifications in the DoorBird smartphone app though. See the support forum for more information. See [APP][Pro&Cloud] DoorBird
  • Added manual pairing fo those situations where mDNS is not working
  • Added a extra relay sliders for devices that support multiple relays
  • Updated the branding with the new logo and brandcolor
1 Like

The relay doesn’t work… Only making a flow triggering the relay 1.
Sliding doesn’t work.

Could you give some more details on what is not working. Perhaps an example of your flow.

And with sliding doesnt work you mean the slider to trigger the relay from the device settings? And do you have a device with multiple relays and do none of them work or only the second / third relay?

When i open the Doorbird, i get the option to trigger the standard relay. Then i have to slide it, but it doesn’t work when i slide it manually.