[APP][Pro&Cloud] DoorBird

Did you do this?

This requires you to re-configure your notifications in the DoorBird smartphone app though. See the support forum for more information.

I deleted the Doorbird and added it again, now it works! Thanks.

Hi, since the update of yesterday 23 feb, 09:26 the relay button on the doorbird App is not working any more
 On the homey / doorbird I can view both the live view snap shot and the last door bell snap shot. Is something changed with regards to receiving the relay API call from the doorbird? The flow it self works, the input/ trigger seems not OK.

Please read the changelog of the latest version update: [APP] DoorBird - #237 by Phuturist

Hello Phuturist.

Is there a way to install the v.2.4.5 instead of v3.0.2?
I have a homey on v4, and I cannot upgrade to v5 yet since there still is a problem with Osram zigbee ledspots.
I just ordered a doorbird D1101V and I can’t install the app :confused:

You would need to install it through the command line. If this is easy depends on your technical skills. You can use the guide and link below.

That’s ok, shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks

@Phuturist It has been two weeks since I was able to upgrade Homey to v5. So I removed the cli installed package I got from github and I installed the latest version from the appstore.

I have two DV1101-S doorstations and three indoor stations. All are operating within a seperate vlan (vlan 4 - 192.168.4.0/24) with ip address reservations in DHCP.
Traffic from vlan 4 to vlan 1 is limited to a couple ip adresses (1/ HOMEY, 2/smartphone, 3/smartphone wife, 4/ pc) By allowing traffic from vlan 4 to these ip addresses in vlan 1 I am able to:

• view lan quality video feed in the doorbird app on our smartphone instead of cloud only
  • make the doorstations succesfully connect to Homey for API calls
  • Grab camera snapshot and latest doorbell/motion snapshots from the doorstation in Homey

I do admit I had to bring the doorstations online in vlan 1 to be detected by Homey when paring them, then change the vlan to 4 and edit the ip address in the homey device settings.

To be short: all is working perfectly
 But although all is working fine, once the app is restarted (or homey restarted) the device tile get a warning icon, and homey says the device is offline. It is not, and Homey still works perfectly fine except for that device offline message.

So my question is: how does the app determine the availability/connectivity of/to the doorstations? And why is it saying offline while it can communicate with the doorstations?
I guess I know the answer (mdns? broadcast?)

Second question is: can this be fixed in a next release of your app? (check TCP ip connection to determine the on/offline status in addition to mdns/broadcast
?

Third question is: what is the extra value to use mdns/broadcast instead of tcp ip?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Allow me to add my greatest appriciation for maintaining this great app!

Not a clue what is going on, I do not set the device as offline from my app. mDNS is only used during device discovery, all commands from Homey are sent over HTTP REST and the DoorBird reports any events to Homey over HTTP REST as well through the HTTP notifications that have been set up in the DoorBird app. Send me a crash report from the app settings, perhaps that gives me clues on what is going on.

Not as long as I dont know what is causing this.

Auto discovery of DoorBirds within the network during pairing.

v3.0.5 - 2021-03-31

• Added an opt-out option for scheduling notification events during pairing to make setup more user friendly.

Hi @Phuturist
I made a crash report after restarting the app: 5c93a42b-87ad-4eb2-949a-c431e361ad98
Maybe you can see why the doorbirds appear to be unavailable? (but in fact online)

Thanks

There is nothing in the log so I really don’t know what is going on. Have you tried re-pairing the DoorBird?

Hi! Same issue here.
This app was the most stable but not anymore (since v6?).

I tried to add again my device (not detected but test ok with the ip/login - added manually -).

But the device is still with a warning icon and not working.

Yesterday with an app reboot it was ok, but not anymore. I did reboot doorbird as well.

Any help? (Report id 5204fc3b-b538-4aef-a210-57bed38139a2)

Thanks.

Tha app has not been updated recently so I dont think the app has become unstable. I would expect more people complaining in this case. Seems to be some issue on your end.

As mentioned in my response to the crash log. If the device is not discovered this indicates network issues on your part. Something is blocking traffic between Homey and the DoorBird. The device will most likely show as offline due to this as it cant create the snapshots.

Hi @Phuturist ,

Thanks for your very prompt answer!

This is weird, the test connectivity works:

But after the add, still the warning icon and « device not found »

Still investigating
 but definitely not a network issue (tested the brut http api from homey)

I asked on the developer slack channel and have more information. Appearantly the discovery mechanism can also register a device as being offline if discovery fails. This will cause issues when devices are being paired manually because the device was not discovered over mDNS (due to using VLAN’s or misconfigured networks). Why this only now is starting to give troubles is unclear, it seems firmware 6.x may have introduced this behaviour.

I’ll be submitting an issue about this in the Homey SDK so Athom can investigate it further. But you can still fix it on your end by making sure mDNS works and the device is discovered on your network. Google your router brand and mDNS for further information.

[EDIT] Track the issue here: Device is registered as offline if mDNS fails · Issue #200 · athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues · GitHub

1 Like

This will cause issues when devices are being paired manually because the device was not discovered over mDNS (due to using VLAN’s or misconfigured networks). Why this only now is starting to give troubles is unclear, it seems firmware 6.x may have introduced this behaviour.

Thanks @Phuturist , very impressed by your efficiency.
I did some work to solve the DNS issue, now I can add Doorbird with the auto-discover module, and yes it works well!

Please keep us updated about the manual setup, it could be useful in certain case.

I can enjoy my DoorBird device with Homey again :slight_smile:

same here - but doorbird works fine and homey “doorbird” flows, too

v3.0.8 - 2021-07-08

• Switched to manual discovery strategy as Homey firmware 7.x marks devices as offline when mDNS is not working on the users network and the device has been paired manually.
1 Like

Aloha,
First thank you for making such a necessary app !
Unfortunately i was never able to end the adding process of my doorbird D2101

It catches a weird ip address which is the one at my LAN

Then i keep getting error

Please note that i never filled in anything in the app settings before because it seems only about email of snapshots which i do not need but maybe it s mandatory ??

Hope you can help me/us

All the best to you
Matt