[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey,

Notifications were off in the Eufy app :no_mouth:. So now i can see the changes in homey for all security modes in Eufy except for schedule.

In the Eufy app i dont get a notification when i set the system to “CUS” (as it says on the keypad). Home and away work but i would like to use “CUS” as this is set my schedule. I use different security modes throughout the day.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks for the great app!

1 Like

@Floris

Can you enable DEBUG in your app settings and share your ATCOR_ID in a DM with me?
Then i’ll check the logs what happens when you select CUS.

Edit: Make sure to enable Switch modes by schedule in the homebase notification settings:

Send you a message and all notification settings are ON.

1 Like

As described above. When you change you security mode to Schedule/ Geo via the keypad or app you won’t get an notification. So Homey doesn’t know you’re using Schedule/ Geo mode.

A way to fix this

1. Idea from @Floris : When you come home - select Home on the keypad. Make a flow like this: Gedeelde Flow | Homey (make sure to use the settings in the screenshot below)
  2. Don’t use Schedule/ Geo in Eufy and let Homey decide what Eufy needs to do. In this way you can combine other brands together with Eufy. Like this Homey is your source of truth and decides what other hubs/devices needs to do.
    Example with zoneActivity (KAKU doorsensor): Gedeelde Flow | Homey

Screenshot for option 1:

concerning the update v2.3.8 you just released, battery status is not correct.
but great to see u still working on it! thnx for that!

1 Like

hey,

I setup 3 flows in my homey:

The 2 above work and help me controle my homey when someone is home or away

The following does not work for some reason, any idears why?

Goal is: when i disarm the alarm using the keypad i set it to “home”. Then homey should set the security mode to “schedule” after 30 sec

@Edgar Thank you.
Can you explain what is not correct?
Thanks!

@Floris What part is not working in the flow? If the arm mode changes to Eufy, make sure to refresh the security tab in the official Eufy app. Changes are not realtime updated.

well… when i go in homey to devices, open any eufy device and go to tab for battery, then every number on the battery is different when u compare it to the original eufy ios app.

fe. my doorbell has actually 21% left, while in homey it says 56%

Weird because I get the values from the API :thinking:
Can you send an diagnostic report?
@Edgar

Ive tried using a flow to change the security mode to Schedule or Off. Both dont work so i tried to set a security mode in the homey app by selecting the Homebase device in the device tab. Then i see that the right status is shown but when i want to change it it does not reflect in my eufy app. So it seems like my communication is only 1 way.

Can you check if the IP of your Homebase is correct? I got an crash report an hour ago not sure if it was yours. But for me sounds like the Homebase doesn’t have an connection to send to Eufy. But only to receive.

You can check that in the app settings. Make sure the IP used for the Homebase is internal. You can find that IP in the official Eufy app at About Device

@Floris

Happy days, it works!

IP was not set correctly

I think that using the keypad to let homey know that someone is home is a very robust solution. much better then geofencing.

1 Like

Nice that it works! :smiley:

Seems like the battery status is incorrect. Eufy is not updating that every day to the cloud. so the data is quite outdated.
I started working on an new integration with an different library which gives the oppurtunity to get real-time data from devices. (also snapshots :tada: )

Data not updating found in this thread: Battery Percentage not accurate · Issue #40 · matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge · GitHub

CC: @Edgar

3 Likes

@martijnpoppen I’m pushing one of my cameras hard (lots of recording) to see what happens with the battery. I charged the battery to 100% yesterday and today eufycams app still showing 100% and your app has dropped down to 96%. With that said, it’s weird that eufys app won’t update but yours do that :+1:

Na de update detecteert de Deurbel geen Beweging meer in de app van Homey dit gaat wel perfect in de eigen Eufy app. De deurbel druk gaat wel goed @martijnpoppen is dit een bug of alleen bij mij zo?

@Tb1 Yeah that’s really weird.
With the new library that should work better.
But Will take some time to update to it.

Hey @Gerrit_Veltman ,
This is the English section of the forum so i’ll respond to your question in English.

Can you send me an diagnostic report?
Then i’ll have a look if something is wrong.

Diagnostic report function you can find: More → Apps → Eufy Security → settings icon right top → Create diagnostic report.

I have send the diasnostic report: The code is: 1c98e547-e481-4b8c-a5a4-6fc0779bce1f