[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Tb1
That’s weird. The only way a image gets registered is when motion is recorded. So actually every flow with ... detected does the same.
So cannot really tell you how that image got there. Maybe if you send a diagnostic report I can tell you what went wrong.

About the full effect. I tried it with multiple camera’s but maybe it doesn’t work for Eufycam 2.

Okey, yes thats really weird. Can you still see it in the diagnostic report even if I installed the latest version after this happen?

No full effect doesn’t seem to be working with image but i still get motion

If you send it. So trough More -> apps -> Eufy Seucrity -> settings wheel right top -> send diagnostic report

So thats different from the DEBUG logs in the app settings.

DEBUG = Live logging
Diagnostic report = History logs

Hi Martijn,

I think I don’t agree with you on that Homey doesn’t detect anything when moving to geofencing.

To my knowledge and experience Geofencing mode just means that Homebase will switch automatically between 2 other modes. “Thuis” and “Afwezig” in my case. So ,it will be one of those two modes active when Homey thells Homebase to use Geofencing mode. I made Homey switch between a night mode (when Homey knows we are going to sleep) which activates more and direct alarms, and the geofencing mode otherwise. Works like a charm

~WRD0001.jpg

Hi @Ronald_B ,
That’s correct. Only Homey doesn’t detect the moving to Geofencing.
So if you change your security mode in the Eufy app for example from Home -> Geofencing.Homey will not do that. :wink:

@Tb1 Logs are from around 7 o’clock. So cannot tell what went wrong at 4 :frowning:

I think it was because i updated the app around that time.

1 Like

My Homey pro is now a week back and I have been busy with a lot of things to get the Homey working like it did before he died.
The last two days I have been testing the Eufy Security app for Homey and I see a lot of good things.

@martijnpoppen , you asked me to test with the motion sensor and I made a simple flow to turn on the light and sent me a message when the sensor is triggered.
I can say that works but the push notification for the motion sensor in the Eufy app needs to be activated to get it working. Maybe there is a way to get this working without having to enable this push notification?

I have found one issue with the 2c pro cam image in the Eufy app for homey.
Eufy doe show me an image in it’s app but with Homey I get either a blank image or the Eufy image. This did work before my Homey died. I use Pipup and there I got most of the time an image of what was happening. Now I don’t get that anymore. Just blank or Eufy image
Here is an example what I see on my phone.

Doorbell images works fine with and is the same as in Eufy.

For my presence flows I have now done a test with the person detection of the Eufy doorbell. I use the smart Presense app and due to flickering WiFi regularly have people who are away without actually being away and have now managed to partially reduce that by adding the person detection of the doorbell to the flow. If it does not turn on, no one can be logged out. I have tested this for now, but I want to do this with an Eufy door sensor in the future.

I am also trying out with Eufy in combination with the Face ++ app to recognize faces, but that is not going very well yet.
If someone still has a good working example flow of it, I would like to copy it.

Furthermore, I have included in my existing bedtime and wake-up flows to set the alarm to “home”, “Away” or other mode and that goes well.

I keep testing with it so if I run into something I report it here.
Thank you for your nice work on this app.

Here are some more examples of the flows as mentioned above.

Hey @Heula !
Good to hear your Homey is back. I hope you had a cloud backup? :see_no_evil:

Unfortunately not. Homey registers itself as a Android device at Eufy. only in that way it can receive the events. If Eufy ever implements user based notifications it will be possible. But until then it doesn’t. only way to fix it is to disable the notifications on your Iphone/Android. (link)

Most of the times this can be fixed with an restart of the app. This issue is still in progress. But it’s quite an long process because I have to delete my devices every time and test motions and do the whole process again :sweat_smile:

Really nice! I do support the keypad too. So maybe that’s also something you might want to try :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t try that yet. Think it’s quite hard because not every person detection has a good picture of somebody’s face. :confused:

Thankyou! There’s more to come. Working on a big update with a new Eufy-Library. So also streaming would be possible :crossed_fingers:

Yes, I had a cloud backup :+1:t2:

When I try to add the keypad the app tells me it is a physical device and I need to install the homebase2 instead if not already done.
What can I do with the keypad? It has a sensor but is that useable?

Running version 2.3.11

Thanks for the fast answer.

1 Like

@Heula

Yeah so I added the keypad as a (visual) Indicator that it works.
I’ll write a small how-to below for the keypad:

• Add the Homebase to your Eufy app.

• Inside the official Eufy app configure the Homebase notification as follows:

• Then when you make a flow like this in Homey it will also be triggered by the Keypad.

(For now the sensor in the keypad is not readable. Maybe with the new Library it does)

CC: @J_Pouwels this also answers your question about the keypad. If you didn’t already find the solution.

FYI: added some useful links to the top (thread intro) message:

Useful links

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

@martijnpoppen would it be possible to toggle the camera’s on / off through flows in the future. So for my eufyCam 2 Pro there is a “Camera aan” toggle in the eufy app. If I toggle a camera off it won’t record or trigger events. I’d like to use this for when my backdoor is open I’m probably in the garden my self and I don’t need Eufy to keep triggering motion alerts or record. So I’d like homey to tell eufy to shut off the camera automaticly.

@Stefan_Lenders ,
This is already implemented in the Homey app. Actually it was the first feature I built :stuck_out_tongue:
So for example with a flow like this:

Well that doesn’t seem to work for my EufyCam 2 Pro camera’s
If I manually trigger the card keeps processing for 30 seconds and then errors.

I’ve just reset the app completly. Readded all devices. But still no succes

@Stefan_Lenders Please check the F.A.Q - Q4

The sensor in the keypad could take over the doorbell function I use in my away flows with smart presense. When working in the new library off course.

1 Like

hello, i added a new camera but it doesn’t appear in homey, why? in addition, are sensors supported? thank you

Hey @David_Ogo

Make sure you share the device with your extra account. :+1:

Yeah sensors are supported.