[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Hello, is somebody already tried to connect and use double smart module ?
I succeed to connect the module with latest version of the fibaro App but impossible to switch ON / OFF

Should be partly solved in the latest update. They are working on a fix for the second switch.

The RGBW problems haven’t been fixed unfortunately.

Yep, I’d even say they got worse

1 Like

Hello.

I have a Fibaro RGBW Controller installed on my kitchen hood which has a white LED strip inside of it that lights up my kitchen island. There are a few other RGB bulbs and strips around the place as well. In the options of the device I chose that it is White LED only but every time I ask my google assistant to make lights a certain color, it also tries to change my kitchen island white led strip to that color. It obviously doesn’t work, light just shuts off and in the Homey app it indicates that light indeed has changed the color. If that happens, I have to go to the device settings and reset everything and change color back to white. It’s very annoying as I always forget about it and then have to remember how to restore the light again so it works.

How can I make it so it doesn’t react to color changes and will think of this LED strip as just a white LED only or a regular bulb?

Maybe the easiest way is to use a Z-Wave (or Zigbee?) single color LED controller.
E.g. from Sunricher with the EasyLighting app.

It’s the only controller that was available for me.
I mean, there is an option in the advanced settings to specify which colors to use, it just doesn’t work or I don’t understand something.

Maybe it’s what you are looking for?

No, I don’t have separate LED light, it’s just 1 white LED strip. I can toggle it on/off, control brightness etc. I just need to figure out how to make it White only and not RGBW. In controls I get RGB wheel and White balance wheel. If I touch any color or white temperature, strips shuts off because it only has 1 color.

Did you changed parameter 150 to 1?

I’m not such an advanced user. I know about these parameters, but never really used them, only did on my roller shutters I think. What is this parameter for?
On manual it says HSB mode, but I’m not sure what it is. Besides, there is a setting that I show on my screenshot that should do what I’m trying to achieve in theory?

Create a virtual device and assign the correspondent channel to the VD. Now you have a Device that do exactly what you want.

All I want that light to do is to be able to turn it on and off and dim it. Will I still ne able to do so? I use a wireless Fibaro button to control it as well. Could you be more specific on how to assign a channel or point me to where I can read about it? Thank you.

I think the actual device will still be synced with Google Home and voice command would still change light color though.

I don’t own a Homey anymore. It’s difficult to do it out of the head, sorry.

Delete it or move it to another room?

I don’t think I can delete it, but if I move it to a different room it would still react to a command like “make all light blue” :frowning:

Who has the trousers on at your home? Is Homey saying you which devices will be synced with google? :rofl::rofl:

So after complaining to Athom re. broken RGBW Controller 2 since 3.0.7 for a couple of months (4 months?) I gave up and changed all my controllers to old RGBW Controllers version. Now getting weird errors occasionally, but at least it works :slight_smile:

Lol
I can choose what to sync? I had no idea. How do I do that?

Parameter 150 is used to switch between RGBW and HSB/White mode.

HSB means:
– H = Hue
– S = Saturation
– B = Brightness

But you have connected a white LED strip, so HSB does not matter, you should change the parameter to 1 and check how the LED strip then behaves.
Because I don’t have a Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 in use, it’s a guess, but it makes sense.

Hey ,

I got this fibaro outlet switch zwave plus https://www.amazon.de/-/en/FIBARO-FIBEFGWPF-102-5-FGWP-102-White-FGWPF-102-5/dp/B01HM0MQ8O/

and with homey 7, I like to use s2 . is that possible? I tried but got s(*) , my aeotec ones are ok with s2 and asking for a key.

also have a few door sensor 2 → Fibaro FIBEFGDW-002-1 Door and window contact 2, White Z-Wave Plus , will this work?

thanks Edwin

Athom changed the Z-Wave security system in Homey firmware v7.
S2 devices will always include as S2, unless specified differently by the developer.
S0 device will always include as unsecure = S(x) unless specified differently by the developer.

Also there are 2 types of S2 inclusion process depending on the device:
S2 without PIN = Unauthenticated
S2 with PIN = Authenticated

The Fibaro WallPlug and the Fibaro Door/Window 2 Sensor support only S0 security standard.
So these devices will be included as unsecure.