[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

I guess it’s not possible. The Walli Switch can be configured as single (1 lamp) or as double (2 lamps) switch. If it’s configured as single switch, both buttons switch the light on and off.

How can i make a request for new device, like Fibaro Walli controller FGWCEU-201 Walli Controller - mobile smart switch | FIBARO?
There is no such possibility Submit a support request – Homey Support.

Walli Controller is added as Generic Z-wave device, but i need to change some parameters value, like per.20. to 1 to create Association (linking devices) Walli Controller | FIBARO Manuals
Maybe this is possible in some way, but I don´t have no idea, how to achieve that.

The Walli Controller is already added in the test version v3.0.19 of the app.

BUT! This test version has made my Walli Switch unusable. That’s why I’m back to v3.0.14.

Edit

Device requests can be sent via email: support@athom.com

Parameter can be changed via „Raw Configuration“. Don’t know if it’s possibility in the advanced settings of a „Generic Device“.
If not, you can do the raw configuration in Homey Developer → Z-Wave → Tools.

Ls,

I’m having some problems with ‘Woonkamer Links’ & ‘Ivo kamer links’. Now I have submitted athom support ticket and they let me know to add the device again. Done this several times. Even had to keep the homey closer by means of a battery pack (never had this in the past). This is since the update to 7.1. Het zijn allemaal fibaro FGS-223 modules. Hence the question. Could it be the status ‘Secure (⨯)’? Whatever this may mean.

homeyVersion “7.1.3-rc.8”
fibaro 3.0.14 & 3.0.19

Anyone using RGBW controller found the colour selection throwing errors lately? Some seem to work but some throw an error

Can’t work out what the difference is between the ones that do/don’t work but frustratingly the White I ask Alexa for is one that is broken

I have added a number of Fibaro devices, 10+ door/windows 2 sensors, 2 motion sensors, smoke sensor, flood sensor, wall plugs. Additionally Aeotec devices, like siren gen5 and wallmote quad.

None of my zwave devices are connected with any security. While, the primary use case for me is an alarm system. Is this as expected? What is the reason?

I have Homey Pro 7.1.3 and latest official Fibaro app 3.0.14. All devices added on these versions, as I just got Homey now for the first time.

No worries, nobody is going to hack it :upside_down_face:

The devices must support the S2 security standard in order to be included “secure”. The security standard S0 is not supported by the current Homey firmware v7.1.3.
All Fibaro devices you mentioned only support the S0 security standard, so they are included as “unsecure”.

Is this by design and the situation going forward, or a bug in the current version?

According to Z-wave Alliance certification, all Fibaro devices I own have these specs:

Supports Z-Wave Network Security? Yes
Supports Z-Wave AES-128 Security S0? Yes
Supports Security S2? No

What kind of security (of any kind) can I expect to have with Homey 7.1.3?
Am I getting AES-128 encryption at all?

Intended yes (since firmware v7.x), if that will change in future I don’t know. Please ask Athom (support@athom.com) for this.

That’s what I told you.

S2 Authenticated (with PIN)
S2 Unauthenticated (without PIN)

S2 is also an AES-128 encryption. Quote Aeotec Webseite: “S2 enhances Z-Wave Plus, Gen5, and Gen7 with an additional layer of AES 128-bit encryption of wireless signals coupled with pro-security grade UL 1023 compliance.”

I am not an in-depth Z-Wave and Internet expert, but from my point of view it is quite unlikely that a burglar would try to hack the Z-Wave network in a normal household in order to break in “more easily” or to deactivate the alarm system. The necessary effort is relatively high. Maybe the possible danger is higher in villas or commercial buildings, but there I would not use a Homey or radio-based devices.
An attack via the Internet is much easier in my view.

Homey includes all devices with S0 as unsecure, this is by design since Homey v7 as they had too many issues (too slow) with devices included as secure on S0 (especially battery devices).
Lots of users already used a workaround to include devices before as unsecure.

The developer of said app can still enable it for example for Z-Wave based locks but it will have to be enabled in the code of the app, it can’t be chosen by users.

Thank you all for your comments. Based on your responses, it seems that the current configuration is most optimal, though not the most secure.

Just an additional info. You can force a S2 device where a PIN is needed to include it as unsecured by using a wrong PIN. e.g. 00000. This could be necessary if you want to use associations.

Btw, there is already a request to Athom (Athom partially reads posts in the forum, but in principle does not respond to them) that it should be made possible for the user to choose during inclusion if a security standard should be used or not.
If you are also interested in this, then you can like the post.

1 Like

Could someone please give me some advice on Associations?

I have a wall plug and two flood sensors which I want to be directly associated with each other - the flood sensor activating the wall plug

Could someone advise exactly how I do this?
My understanding is that if I associate then that should trigger irrespective of the hub, but does this first need setting up in the hub?

Frustratingly it seems the UK plug still only connects as a basic Z-wave device (it does take the 5 digit code on inclusion), so I don’t know if this affects things?

Thanks!

First, both devices must be included with the same security standard, e.g. unsecure - insecure / S0 - S0 (only exists for already included devices before S2 was introduced) / S2 - S2.
Regarding S2 I’m not sure if S2 (Unauthenticated) works with S2 (Authenticated), but I guess it does.

So if the plug and the flood sensor have different security standards, then I don’t really need to explain anything further. Please let me know.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but both are zwave plus, both are fibaro and both support association so possible that they should work?

You can find infos about the security standard for example in Homey Developer Tools.
Go to Z-Wave and then you find a list of all your Z-Wave devices. On the right side of the table you can find infos about the Z-Wave security standard of each device:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-01 um 12.22.33

Why I’m telling all the things about the security standard? Because you mentioned this:

And the code is used for devices that are included with the S2 (Authenticated) security standard. And if the flood sensor is included unsecure, then it doesn’t work.

But surely that would be stated in the Fibaro manual etc if that were the case? If two devices cannot work together on the same protocol then surely that’s a different protocol and should be advertised as such?
Or is this a Homey issue?
Can I not connect the plug in unsecured mode?

NB, the flood sensor shows as insecure in the app and didn’t ask for a 5 digit code on inclusion

Out of the Fibaro flood sensor manual.

Fibaro Flood Sensor Secure and Fibaro Plug unsecure No Problem, just adjust Parameter 78.

Fibaro Flood Sensor unsecure and Fibaro Plug Secure. No way!

Both devices secure (same security standard) or both unsecure also no Problem.

1 Like