[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

I added a group with 3 ikea gu10 bulbs (connected through Hue), the group works as expected at that moment.

When I reboot my Homey (2.0 rc8) the group doesn’t work anymore. When I try to turn on/off or dim the group then I get the following errors:
IMG_1979
PNG

When I delete the group and re-add it, then it works again, but after a reboot it is broken again.

Which version of the application are you using? Did you experience this issue on rc7 or rc4?

If you were to group the hue lamps, with just the onoff/dim capabilities and no other, does this issue still occur?

I’m using the first/latest beta 2.0.208, not sure if the issue existed in a previous homey version.

I will test your suggestion probably tomorrow.

weejewel [10:43 PM]
Homey v2.0.0-rc.9 is now available! Changelog:

[Core] Fixed a bug where changed Flows did not work
[Core] Fixed `setOnDim` capability option
[Core] Textual Flow Cards with missing Tag values will now display [null]
[Core] Various improvements

Can you please upgrade your Homey to version v2.0.0-rc9 and see if that fixes your issue, thanks

I also get that error “Cannot read property ‘value’ of undefined” on rc9. It did not happen on rc8.
What I found is that if I create a new “group”, it does work correctly.

When I create a new group it creates a new device without an icon and with an exclamation mark. Once I wait a while (2-3 minutes and exit and re-enter the app) the group correctly appears. I think this latter “issue” is part of one that I’ve already flagged with Athom. Seems to only happen on Android.

Thanks for the feedback @DirkdeDraak, I believe you are correct and it is an issue for Athom. Is it occuring for all devices or is there s specific capability which it seems to occur with?

Simply hitting a “group” icon like for on/off shows that error.

Rc9 didn’t fix the issue

Any updates on the “cannot read property…” issue? I’m using the latest iOS app and latest Homey firmware. When I add a group and don’t rename it, but just keep the default name “Lamp”, it’s working fine after a reboot. When I rename the new group “Lamp” to “Lampp” then it doesn’t work anymore after a reboot.

I also tested a group with just on/off but that has the same issue.

This bug in rc9 may be the cause: https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/19
Should be fixed in rc10

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of replies recently, I’ll be back in 3 days.

Thanks for the update @DaneedeKruyff

@Davy @DirkdeDraak

2.0.0-rc10 has been released can you please check to see if this has fixed you’re problem.

Unfortunately I don’t have an Android device, which I think is required to replicate the issue.

Thanks

Never mind : You will still experience the issue :

weejewel [10:12 PM]
crap
weejewel [10:13 PM]
Just fixed it >> rc.12

I experience the issue on iOS, let’s hope rc12 fixes the issue…

@Jamie do you know when the issue below will be fixed?

Hi @Tom_Starren , that issue has actually been fixed by Athom.
And there is a version of the software where the settings are working.

However - until Athom fix their current bug which is breaking groups I am hesitant to update the beta - as I just don’t feel like it was tested enough during rc6 to rc9 (before athom broke it).

Admittedly no one reported it was broken during that period - but one one reported it was working either …

Here are some pics of the settings in the mean time, let me know what you think.

I’m not sure what the bug is that you mention but my one group of curtains is still working fine.
That group has both my lounge curtains in it.

Is there anything specific you would like tested?

I’m on rc11 and 2.0.208 beta.

@Jamie looks great. I really like to add ligts to a group instead of removing a group and recreating it. The other settings are also handy.

@Adrian_Rockall the groups you create are working fine, the problem is that you cannot change the settings of each group.

I’ve pushed the (working) settings page to the alpha app.

Just a reminder if you would like to alpha test the app, please let me know.

While it is working I had to do a small hack in order to get it to work and I can’t see it rolling out to beta until athom fix this issue :

While we await athom, alpha will continue to get updates, fingers crossed there will be enough time between when Athom issues get fixed, and when they go stable so I can look at making the upgrade path for users from 1.5 -> 2.0 nice and smooth.

Thanks

2 Likes

I will wait a little while until the bug is fixed and you can push the working settings pge to beta