[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

A, ok, understand now. Jamie, don’t bother with it. I don’t know if this is interesting to anyone but me while I was just thinking about possible use scenario.

Thnx for the explanation.

Just come across this app as was looking to do something along these lines

I have 5 Fibaro Dimmers in one room and want to be able to control both individually and as a group

At the moment I have some ‘fairly’ complex logic that checks if some of them are on or off and adjusts the rest accordingly depending on states - would this allow me to set a flow that treats them all as one and will therefore if some are on already will only turn on the rest (or off those?)
How does it deal with intermediate states?

Yes this will, and there are many options for immediate states.

@Jamie thanks!

Been giving it a quick go, looks to do pretty much everything I wanted but I’m missing how to do something…
I would like the switch to mirror the built in dimming across all lights (i.e. when pressed and held dim up/down the group depending on what the last thing was) - is this a supported functionality that I’m missing, or is there any way I could mirror this?
I can see dim level changes, but seems that would only be to set a specific dim level…
Thanks!

I’m also finding this is significantly slower than calling the lights directly in a flow - anything I can do to dissipate this delay?

I agree. It does what it must do but a lot slower then separate flows.
I talking about switching on/ off lights

In my experience the more items the slower. A single item in a group seems to be the same speed.

I’m just guessing but each item needs to send and receive a response which can only be done one at a time.

I have one small irritating issue I don’t know if this is app behavior or homey. In combination with group I fave a flow. If group (of zigbee sensors) is on send push. Issue is on restart as group is by default on even though all sensors are off. This immediately triggers push on each restart. Can group somehow be by default off untill whole status is updated in homey?

Hi @David_K, I believe a couple of other people have mentioned this issue, it is only the list of things to do, If you would like to createa a support issue on github it might remind me.

Unfortunately I don’t reset my Homey so I haven’t come across it myself but when I next look at this app ill try to remember.

Thanks

1 Like

I was testing something and tried to add group device composed of two Aqara window sensors. During device installation after I’ve chosen two window sensors this is what I get… I tried on homey 3 and now the latest 3.2 same situation. Group app 2.4.202

Which class are you trying to add it as?

Hi Jamie, I was trying to add alarm - contact alarm.

When i added mine I added as other advanced.

It’s working for me.

I have Xiaomi Aqara.

Is it somehow possible to group for example Hue dimmer switches or other switches?

I started looking into moving all my lights into Homey instead of having a bridge for my hue lights.
Also looked into getting Yeelights as a cheaper alternative.

I found < group > and thought it would be a perfect way to control my lights.
On/Off - works with both Yeelights and Hue
Dimming - works with both Yeelights and Hue
Color / Light Mode - Doesnt seem to respond at all. Am I doing something wrong? Tried both Hue and Yeelights.

Hey, based on your intro im guessing “Hue Zigbee”?

If you are going to use color/temp you need to also have the light mode, thats generally the mistake people make. But it sounds like you have it under control.

I don’t actually have a Homey at the moment, but if you contact me perhaps next month hopefully the replacement will be here and Ill have a crack at adding some lights via zigbee. (not something I have done before - I use the hub).

Sorry I cant be more helpful right now.

Hi Jamie

Do you know how to group Xiaomi zigbee wireless switches, I have tryed several group types in your app but nothing detect them.

hope you can help, thank you

\

Thomas

Hey Thomas, I would love to help you, but unfortunately I don’t have a working homey at the moment that’s setup.

I was sent a homey with the wrong frequency, and have not gotten any response from support. When/If I hear back from them I’ll let you know the eta of me getting a homey to test my app on. Until then perhaps someone else or app can help?

Isn’t it possible to find them with the device ‘Other (Advanced)’ and then use (in my case) the first option if it’s on or off as a capability? I am doing this for some smoke detectors I am not able to add in any other way…

Hi.

Just started using and for the most part I’m really impressed. I have, though, a question - is it possible to add/remove devices from a group? I can’t seem to find a place to do so and one of the lights in my group is having mesh problems.