[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Ah, thank you! That did the trick :grin:

You wouldnā€™t happen to have the blinds as well, @Zsolt_Kozma ?
Still cant group those. No options for configuration:

Sorry M8, the blinds are only on my wish list.

Works with the blinds after a reboot.
Highly recomend the blinds. Coolest part of my smart home.

I have the same issue with Philips Hue devices (LightStrips), connected via Philips Hue Zigbee App.

Reboot didnā€™t work? My blinds are still not working properly. I have three grouped together, but something is off with the timing. When i open the group, the first one opens, but the second does not react until like an hour later, and the third one another hour later.
Have tried to make changes to the delay in advanced settings, but makes no difference.

Didnā€™t restarted Homey yet, I will try it.

I poked around in the app and I donā€™t think itā€™s possible, but just in case Iā€™m overlooking something: Is it possible to group Google Home devices together? So that I can select it with the Google TTS app? If I want to announce something to the whole house I need to make a ton of different cards and itā€™d be nice to streamline that.

Donā€™t happen to have Sonos speaker s? Then itā€™s possible with Sonos say

@Cory, create a speaker group in Google Home and add that group to Homey.

After reboot Homey it works again. :+1:t3:

Oh man, how did that not occur to me? Thatā€™s perfect, thank you!

Itā€™s a shame that Google forgets its own speaker groups though. Very often I ask to play YTM to a group (downstairs speakers or garden speakers) and she doesnā€™t know the group. Wait for 5 minutes and they are back again,ā€¦ :crazy_face:

@Jamie: I,m having a very bad issue with a sensor group. I created a group for smoke detectors. Big problem is, whenever I reconfigure the group, or whenever the app restarts, the alarm is triggered. And this sets off an extra alarm and turns on all the lights at max in my house. Iā€™m absolutely dreading an app update during the night giving a false alamrm again, but I really hope this gets fixed. Otherwise the grou app is out for me (and Iā€™ll need 2*8 extra flows :frowning:)

There is no need to use the group app for smoke sensors, Homey has a built-in feature for that under the trigger cards: ā€œdevicesā€ -> ā€œan alarm turned onā€ -> ā€œsmoke alarmā€.

4 Likes

Thanks, that is really usefull!

I just got me a Homey Pro and Iā€™m starting from scratch with Homey v5.
Most devices work fine but when i get to grouping them, i run into issues.

When adding the < group > device i follow the guide and select Lights, basic onoff feature set, add devices and then get to the page for selecting an icon but there are no icons to choose from.

If I just press continue i get an error message saying ā€œError: SQLITE_CONSTRAINT: NOT NULL constraint failed: Device Nameā€

I tried reinstalling the app, rebooting homey etc.

Any suggestions?

I just tried it with different lamp combinations and had no problems. Also v5.

I have tried it right now. Ran in the same issue as you did. Strange! It worked just fine 2 weeks ago. V5 here as well.

I have the same issue as well with not seeing the icons.