[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

In the < group > app add a device and select “Blinds” then “Window Coverings Set”, then you should see your roller shutters

1 Like

I just added my smoke detectors to a group to see if I get the same problem and it triggered my flow that switches all the lights on when a smoke alarm occurs :slight_smile:

Edit: Even more confusing, I don’t even have s flow that switches all the lights on, like I thought I had.

Edit 2: Ah found it. It’s triggered by “A Smoke alarm turned on” so that explains it. When the group was added it was initialised on the alarm state and then switched off.

Thanks adrian!

1 Like

Thanks Adrian! In my case the alarm triggers around the same time at night without any “real” trigger/alarm. So let’s see what happens on the long term with your test.

1 Like

Do you auto-restart the group app at night? B/c that results in an Alarm/No alarm status while there isn’t any alarm.

No, I have not configured Homey to re-start the group app daily. Today the alarm did not go at all. So perhaps there is something ad-hoc that triggers it.

Well, it didn’t activate last night, which was probably good as all my lights would probably have come on :slight_smile:

OK. Clear.
Btw, by alarm I meant a sensor reporting a motion or an open contact.
Restarting the group app results in fake motion or open contact signals.
Which ofcourse could trigger your alarm system😝

What about having home restart at midnight?

The timing is suspicious, 12:04 every day. There are no schedules or reoccur items in the groups code, but we have seen a restart messing with the start up state ….

I think you are right, I just did a check around my flows and it seems I have scheduled (forgotten) a restart on Wednesdays and Fridays. I will simulate that restart and see if that triggers anything. But it makes sense (it takes about 4 minutes to boot a Homey). Can we have the group app ignore this “false” alarm at start-up?

I just changed the flows and tested while re-starting Homey, and indeed I got an alarm. I will try now using the IF card Home - An alarm turned on - type Smoke alarm. That would be a work-around for the group app with smoke sensors. But then I need to remove any smoke sensor group on forehand, otherwise that would trigger that card as well :slight_smile:

Just FYI, you can let Homey notify you if it has restarted (or started b/c of a power outage).
Example

Hi, i made a group, but put the wrong blinds in it, i adjusted it via settings, but when i loon in the device-settings its still wrong, however in the groupsettings from homeymenu its right. Cant check if works correctly, not at home atm.

I discoverd the same issue. it works as expected, but is a bit confusing.
An app restart should solve it.

Thanks for the tips peter

1 Like

If I group energy meters, the Amps show the wrong value.
Is it just me?

If power = current * voltage
Then power / voltage = current
355W / 235V = 1.51A
But, the power could be off, and the current correct.
What values do your energy meters report individually?

I am re-organizing my Homey and I am using this app for more groups. A few things that I encounter:

• when selecting remote control, the next screen is empty and I cannot create it.
  • more devices would be nice, watercooker is oddly specific, but others are missing. I was selecting “remote” for our bed, but that didn’t work. There is no other item that fits.

The device types available in the group app are based off the device types available in homey.

I agree they can be a little odd at times but I suspect they have done it the way they have to only diverge when required and minimise tech debt

The power and the voltage is correct, the current is incorrect.

All values are correct for the induvidual sensors measured. 3 of them are grouped together.

Would be nice with an ”energy preset” too :blush:

That’s odd.
I’m asking myself, for comparison:
if you create similar groups, and then

• one for sensor 1 + 2
  • one for sensor 1 + 3
  • one for sensor 2 + 3
    This way you can discover which sensor pair(s) in a group report the wrong current value.
    If all 3 groups report the wrong current value then it must be some kind of little group app bug maybe?
    Unfortunately I can’t reproduce it, while I have no device with Voltage, Power and Current sensors.