[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

I’ve updated the app, thanks to @PhilS it now supports German, this update also includes a new category (other) which contains all the capabilities and icons for you to use as you see fit.

It is currently released to alpha, but will be rolling out to beta quickly.

In regards to the noticeable delay, I have been able to minimise significantly I will continue to test to ensure that this has not had any undesirable effects.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello,

Can I become an alpha tester for you?

@Marcel_Visser shoot me a message with your email address and ill add you to the alpha.

@Slof @RoyWissenburg @dewenni @danone @Itchy : if anyone would like to try out the fix for the speed issue please send me your email address.

Thanks

Count me in! Just let me know what to do :+1:t2:

Just wonder if you got my pm mate.

Sorry - Long weekend in Australia and I went away,

Which was for the best as it turns out there is an issue with the SV language (due to an issue with Athom), Also translator information which was added in alpha requires homey to be up to date . This means - the alpha will only work for people who are running the latest experimental home (2.0.5).

Ill do one final test for you @RoyWissenburg then add you and dan to the alpha.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks @RoyWissenburg please let me know how it goes!

Alpha and Beta have both been updated to 2.3.104, which includes German and a Speed enhancement.

German language and the speed improvement have been deployed and are now available to everyone on 2.3.105

It requires that your Homey version be > 2.05

Thanks

1 Like

i installed the new version today. thank you jamie! the latency is now very very small and not comparable as before. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jamie, looks like the update seems to work for the speed issue. Thanks

Apparently there is a bug with in the Homey Core which is causing some app which use the WebAPI (read : this app) to stop working. I’ve been told it will only occur on people who have upgraded from Homey v1.

Apparently the issue has been fixed in the next release of the Homey Core, sorry for any problems this may causes you, it is also affecting me.

1 Like

Aaaah so I’m not the only one… Thanks for keeping is posted!

@Marcel_Visser there is a work around if you dont want to wait :slight_smile:

1. Open up https://developer.athom.com/tools/api-playground in a private browser.
  2. Login
  3. Replace the text box with the following Homey.sessions; and hit run.
  4. Look for the value next to "id" in the response and copy it.
  5. Replace the request test with Homey.sessions.deleteSession({id:'THE ID YOU COPIED'}); and hit run.
  6. Restart the group app.

it should look something like this `

Homey.sessions.deleteSession({id:'64230xxx-2954-4cc8-89e2-58488a07xxxx'});
4 Likes

Looks like the mqtt hub app has the sam. Issue

Hi.
I dont know if this is the same as the problem you talk about some rows up, but for me, all the groups suddenly stopped working today.
Noticed that my lamps in the windows was dark when arriving home.
Turning them on one by one worked fine, but when tapping on a group, containning a lot of lamps, the status just went on, and the directly off again.
Trying to go into the configuration of groups, just give me:
Error:
An unknown error has ocurred [session expired]
Restarting app made behavior different.
Clicking a group will now make the goup to stay “on” in the Homey app, but no lighths goes on. Still dark.
Same error when going in to configre.

So what to do?
The stuff in the developer-mode above, or is this something else.
I have an Early 2019, with 2.x on direcly. Not upgraded from 1 - 2.
/Stefan

Yes, the workaround mentioned by Jamie should do the trick.

Thanks.
Just tested, and can confirm this made the trick.
My groups are working again.
As this was a workaround, would I need to do something when a “real” solutions comes?

There is a fix in the last update 2.1.2-rc3

Hi guys. Thank for useful app. I have this issue. I am grouping my multiple Somfy blinds for each room in separate group. When I add the blinds group in the flow (open/close/set percetage of opening) in most of the rooms some of the grouped blinds do not run (e.g. two out of five or one out of two). I need to put all blinds in the flow separately which makes the flow overloaded and crashing. I prefer to add groups in the cards. Homey really struggles with excesive number of cards in the flow.