[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Thanks Jamie. I’ll let you know if I encounter anything!
Any specific things you’d like to be tested?

Im kinda interested in the performance, and whether there has been an increase/decrease.

Hey Jamie,

I’ve done some testing with < group > v2.4.401Test

• I can’t discover performance changes.

•Previous app version (and this version) issues found:

1. Changing the delay time gets activated only after restarting the app.

2. There’s a typo in the Delay and Debounce setting page hint field;
    microseconds should be milliseconds I think.

1. Homey / < group > app restart
    A. Causes sensor group of type “battery” to report timeline notifications “battery almost empty” followed by “battery full again”.
    B. Sensor group of type “motion” cause a motion alarm.
    Note: Sensor group of type “contact” don’t send a contact alarm at restarts

C. Group of type “kettle” causes an On followed by Off command

Cheers, and thanks again for this neat app!

Hey Jamie,

I encountered an issue today.
I haven’t edited any group lately, so I can’t say if it’s solely v2.4.401Test related.

Scenario:
I removed some virtual lamps.
The lamp group involved, had those lamps marked as “Deleted”.
So far so good.
Now I wanted to add other lamps to the group, but this message popped up:

(De-)selection was still possible, and got remembered, but every action resulted in the error message.
After leaving the config page, and edit the same group again, my choices were not saved.
After restarting the app all went fine without errors.

A feature request: is it possible to sort the available items alphabetically?
And why does a f.i. “lamp” type group show all my devices instead of lamps only?
The chosen group type doesn’t seem to filter the devices up front.
( > filtering is applied alright)

Many thanks again,
Peter

Hi, any chance that this app will be available for the Beta/Bridge?

No, this is a utility app, so its not the type of app the athom are targeting for the bridge.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, honest i’m not sure if it is micro/milliseconds - the documentation doesnt specify (Device - Homey Apps SDK v3)

The devices coming online with a set value - then assigning the correct value is an known issue, and based upon the data supplied by athom when an app restarts. I have not added a work around to this as honestly i’ve been hoping athom will fix it in their SDK.

Version 2.4.4 - has been released, and i’ve also published a new version to the test channel which

• Disables the previous 1w workaround for energy reporting as it now possible ti use the “new” hide energy option from the energy tab. @peltsi51
  • You can now add garage devices which utilise the “garage door closed” capability
  • All devices will types are correctly translated to French, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Danish .
2 Likes

You’re welcome. Thank you for looking into this, Jamie :+1:
I’ll try to do some more tests regarding the micro/milliseconds question.

Thanks for clearing this up. I’ve no real problems with it myself, but I read about Heimdall app users, who restarted the < group > app automatically every x days;
With Heimdall armed, it results in a false alarm.
So I guess they shoud add a “Heimdall is disarmed” condition to the restart flow for the < group > app.

Off to install the test version now!

Where the hiding of power measurement can be made? I think I looked everywhere but no sing of it.

App version 2.5.301

At the bottom of the advanced settings.
Hit “Yes” (“Ja” in my Dutch screenshot), and a slide switch pops up

Missing the energy completely

The version of the device is old. But when adding a new device the energy tab isn’t still showing

It’s milliseconds, Jamie.

• KaKu 433MHz lamps switched ON or OFF:

• 0 > around 1s delay (like the default lag)
  • 10,000 > around 10s delay
  • 30,000 > around 30s delay

• Tuya WiFi relais switched ON or OFF:

• 0 > around 1s delay (like the default lag)
  • 10,000 > around 10s delay
  • 30,000 > around 30s delay

• Note: changing the delay time only comes in effect after restarting the app.
I think maybe that should be mentioned below the delay setting?

• Question 1:

what is "Category.undefined.title?
It should contain 1 group according to the “1” on the left.

When opening it, no group appears:

• Question 2:
    The layout is somewhat unclear, screenshot is from daytime view. Is it possible to adjust it?

Thanks again and cheers!

Thanks for the testing, ill have a look at it after work tonight.

Sorry I spent some time trying to work around the the energy settings - turns out when a device is added as ‘cumulative’ you can ignore it … but thats the only time you can ignore it. And if you forget to hit ignore it actually makes your energy stats make less sense. As it takes the cumulative power usage and subtracts the actual power usage to define your ‘real’ power usage.

Trying to override min/max amounts always fails. It looks like right now there is still no way fo us to turn off power reporting which is VERY frustrating. Best option we have is to email support@athom.com and as for the ability to ‘ignore this device’ for all energy devices.

2 Likes

Edit:
I found out.
v2.5.300 has the energy switch, while v2.5.301 has not

•Group app v2.5.300
•Homey v7.1.4-rc2
The category “Sensor”, sensor type Power, has the energy option too overhere.
This is a newly created group device:

Here’s an existing group device

•Group app v2.5.301
•Homey v7.1.4-rc2
Existing group device:

1 Like

Thanks, but measure and alarms are classified as sensors.

It used to be more important for how the tiles were displayed one one capability.

I may consolidate them in the future.

I know, I was just curious why @peltsi51 didn’t get to view the energy switch. :wink:

Honestly, I have no idea, I also do not get the use in total for version 2.4.304 either.

All in all it is a pretty frustrating to work in and not logical at all, Im thinking of removing energy / meter from the app until Athom fix it up.

I have the same problem with the > merge < app, which means there are two power is doubled for each item in it.

2 Likes

Is this app still being worked on? I have grouped 11 Tradfri lights and I have to change the dim level multiple times for them all to switch on. The same goes for switching off. Almost always several lights remain on.

Hi, will this app become available for the new Homey Beta (Bridge)?

I think this is more a zigbee issue then a < Group> app issue. If you would make a flow with turn off all light devices in that room, you will probably see the same behaviour.

My experience with philips hue here is better then with ikea tradfri, but then sometimes I see similar issues. And that is only with 3 or 4 spots, never tried 11 at the same time.

If you search on the forum you will find more people with similar issues when dimming or toggling multiple zigbee lights at the same time