[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Control your HomeWizard products (not the Link or Smart Switch.)

Stable: v3.3.5
Test/beta: v3.3.5

Nederlands forum topic hier, maar meeste info zal in dit engelse gedeelte te vinden zijn omdat dit al langer loopt.
→ [APP][Pro][NL] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

HOMEWIZARD ENERGY PRODUCTS NOTES

Wifi P1 dongle support is only working when dongle has firmware 2.09! Please check firmware before you try to add it. This firmware support mdns (auto discovery) hence easier to add. Wait for the dongle to get this firmware from the cloud before you try to add it.

kwh1 & kwh3 (SDM230 & SDM630), energy sockets and the watermeter (~August 2022) before you try to add them you MUST enable Local API in your Homewizard Energy app. This is disabled by default and will not allow a discovery to work (mDNS method).

Make sure your wifi devices are getting a reserved ip address in your DHCP scope of your Wifi / Router dhcp.

TROUBLESHOOT TIPS FOR P1, KWH, WATERMETER AND SOCKETS:

• Make sure Homey is in the same (wifi network)
  • Reboot homey (mdns discovery might be stuck)
  • Reboot your wifi accesspoints/routers (unifi / ubiquiti common issues)
  • Power cycle your device P1, KWH, watermeter or socket
  • Verify local api is on in Homewizard Energy app for the device
  • Watermeter does not work when on battery only (must be usb powered to enable local api mode)
  • Install mdns discovery app on your iphone/android and check for _hwenergy._tcp and see you can see your devices there.
  • Toggle the local API in the official Homewizard Energy app and restart the HW app on Homey to discover again

Or

TIPS

• For Homewizard Energy devices my suggestion is reserve static ip’s in the dhcp server scope of your router (when possible). Some routers and dhcpserver keep cycle their dhcp scope.

• More advanced tip(and those who are knowledgeable enough to implement): separate your IoT devices from your local LAN. Most of these IoT devices are cheap China tech and not known to proper firmware updates. When you separate these you need mdns repeater/proxy/relay on your router. But only if you know how to do it as its very complex to implement and requires a high level of network understanding (vlans & firewall rules).

HOMEWIZARD (legacy, yeah the old appliance)

Upon first deployment you need add the Homewizard unit first,
then you can add the related/connected components
from Homewizard to your Homey (ie. Heatlink, Energylink etc.

Get your local Homewizard IP address and local password (not the Homewizard Online account!)

If trying to add this in the Homey GUI and get a quick flash of this screen and blank after, please use the webinterface of Homey GUI https://my.homey.app.

Homey does not support Heatlink and Energylink directly without the Homewizard unit.
Homewizard have protected their 868mhz communication with Energylink and Heatlink so you still need the Homewizard unit to make this work.

Supports: Energylink, Heatlink, Windmeter, Rainmeter, Temperature sensors, Smoke & Motion sensors
Does not support: Light bulbs & Power sockets (use KlikAanKlikUit or Smartwares app to control these).
Note on Motion sensor: There is a 10 seconds delay (use KlikAanKlikUit or Smartwares app if you need direct response).

Change log
v3.3.5

• Finetuning
  • Lowered CPU footprint (polling Energy sockets to 10s)

v3.3.2

• KWH Meters SDM230 & SDM630 added support for Voltage & Amp (requires SDMxxx firmware 4.06+)
  • Bug fix SDM630
  • Updated product brandnames and internal mDNS discovery matching

v3.2.25

• P1 Phase3 circuit adjustment code (some values are not updated in rare setups)
  • Watermeter offset taken from Homewizard Energy app when set, else it takes the offset in Homey Homewizard setting

v3.2.22

• Contact sensors 868Mhz Homewizard Legacy fix
  • Windmeter bug fix, battery can be empty but there is still ws (windspeed) available
  • Rainmeter battery alarm added (Homewizard Legacy)

v3.2.18

• Homewizard Wattcher (legacy) bug fix
  • Windmeter battery support

v3.2.17

• User request: Optional watt compensation to Energy Sockets (Socket’s own usage is 1 Watt which is not show in the measurement of the socket itself (those that want to compensate can now manually adjust this in the settings per socket).

v3.2.14

• P1 added Power failures, voltage sags & swell counts

v3.2.13

• Energylink bug fix for s2 for “other” or “car” type sources.
  • Windmeter fix (device not found message on Homey version 8.1.6)

v3.2.11

• Additional mDNS LastSeen check added
  • Changed mDNS host regex to product_type, workaround for HomeyPro2023
  • Changed driver names for Phase 1 and 3 SDM230 * SDM630
  • Unhandled rejection Heatlink catch
  • mDNS bugfix on regex and product_type to find devices

v3.2.9

• Removed retry code for legacy Homewizard (HW wifi chip cant handle extra connections)
  • Added cache mechanism to avoid double pulls for Homewizard Legacy devices
  • Heatlink updated icons
  • Heatlink added tapwater (warm)

v3.2.5

• Attempt to cleanup callback calls and replace them with Promise/Resolve
  • P1 fixing voltage for those that have that info
  • Additional Homewizard windmeter error handling
  • Energylink meters 3 decimals
  • Energylink code fix reading T1 & T2

v3.2.2

• Heatlink improvements (Boiler temperature, Pump & Flame states etc.)
  • Fallback to node-fetch as Axios 1.4.0 giving problems (Added retry & abortcontroller code)
  • P1 - monthly peak watt (Belgium specific P1 meter value)

v3.1.7

• New icon thermometer
  • Gasmeter with 3 decimals
  • Combined meters added import/export energy (T1&T2)

v3.1.6

• Voltage support for P1 Dongle with 3 phase connection (1 phase does not have voltage datapoint in firmware sadly)
  • Rollback Homewizard preset code as getting undefined errors
  • 3 Decimal for Kwh (User request)

v3.1.2

• New features from P1 firmware (Peak/OffPeak info)
  • Bugfix (import-export energy KWH)
  • Trigger fix Peak/OffPeak (Energy P1 dongle)
  • Pre FW 4.x P1 Dongle fix for T1 & T2 Export meter values

v3.0.8

• Several bug fixes & Fine tuning (memory usage long term async/await adjustments)

v3.0.4

• P1 fix for showing Production using T2 (normal was T1 dal)
  • P1 fix for Sweden aggregating value uses different metric from API

v3.0.3

• Watermeter and thermometer offset fixed (callback is not a function error)
  • Removed axios library and keep node-fetch as base communication library to devices.

v3.0.2

• SDKv3 support (big thanks to @Bram_C for testing)
  • Minor textual fixes
  • Code cleanup

Relevant sources and links
Project master source: GitHub - jtebbens/com.homewizard: Homewizard app for Homey
Beta channel: https://github.com/jtebbens/com.homewizard/tree/beta
Test install from app store: HomeWizard App voor Homey | Homey

ONLY SENT DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS WHEN I ASK FOR IT

Developers: Jeroen Tebbens, Jeroen Bos, Nick Bockmeulen, Freddie Welvering, Emile

4 Likes

Placeholder for future messages.

1 Like

The power sensor from homewizard adds up to the total usage in homey energy. But the watcher should be the overall power usage. And all the other devices a slice of that. Now I have more usage then the watcher says.

For example

650 should be the bottom value. (Total usage)

I don’t even see Energie (HomeWizard)

Hi all, Homewizard app is not compatible yet with Homey 3.0. It was just released (final) and I have it installed today myself so I can start development/update on the Homewizard app to make it work properly with Homey 3.0.

Thanks for the quick reply! If you need any info let me know. I will wait until the next release

Thanks!

Beta release (pending) Energylink is now detected as overall measure (Smart Meter/Slimme Meter).
To use this you have to pair your Energylink again.

:+1:

Ok beta version is approved so you guys can play with it.

Thanks! The p1 energy is added to the energy measured in the zones so the total energy is not correct.

Please explain. Don’t understand.

After I log out and in (app) everything looks fine.

Ok

After a wile the Engerylink values won’t update anymore. Resetting the app does not resolve the problem.

That problem is related to your Homewizard wifi connectivity. I have no problems with the beta app myself (still running and getting Energylink data). Another one could be Homewizard and Energylink distance. Not sure how your units are placed and configured but it sounds like you have to check it first.

Mmm strange, never noticed that problem before…

I noticed the same thing (before the beta version), but like Jeroen said it’s a Homewizard issue.
What i did , i connect Homewizard to a KAKU switch and connect the switch to Homey.
At 00:05 Homey checks with Energylink if the values are not greater then 1kwh.
If they are greater Homey switch the KAKU off and after 30 sec on , to reset Homewizard.
And the problem is fixed :grinning:

Yes correct. Another problem what could cause this is if you have other integrations (domoticz or HASS etc) talking to your Homewizard unit. The Homewizard unit gets overloaded (high cpu or open connections) which eventually make the Homewizard unresponsive for a while. Not sure if you have other http gets getting data from Homewizard?

No I only use HomeWizard with Energylink at the moment. Maybe I’am switching tot Youless in the near future so I can switch off Homewizard. But for now I’am happy with your app and investigate the connection with Homey as you mention.