[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Yip the dongle is standalone and has its own wifi chip.

Great!
I’ll open a new topic since you want to write a separate app for it and people who might be interested in this dongle might not read this topic.
Hopefully we can get you up and running… :slight_smile:

I started with smoke sensor support (and motion as well same code section)

Base is motion that is working already.

1 Like

By popular demand…smoke detectors added.
Just be aware that there will always be a delay of at least 10 seconds (due to polling cycle).
Further this code will also support the motion detector that is supported by Homewizard but as per smoke detector it has a 10 seconds delay so not useful for direct action triggers (lights etc.).
For that you must use the Homey KlikaanKlikuit app since that is directly communicating with Homey and not via Homewizard. It is impossible for to drop that polling to a few seconds because your Homewizard will die on connectivity issues (wifi chip is pretty crappy).

Beta update
v1.1.5

• Support for door/window contact
  • Added lowBattery for smoke868 type sensor
  • Added lowBattery for thermometers
  • Added smoke 434Mhz types

Known issue doorbell still has problems will investigate.

Also kudos from me Jeroen for the smoke detector integration. The 10 second delay is really a pity. But not your fault of couse!

And the battery warning is a really nice feature, especially for the smoke detectors.

Thanks everyone. Yeah it will be less than 10 seconds but still. But I do see you have a workaround for instant trigger when Homewizard detects it with an IPswitch and the “HTTP request flowcards”.

Anyway, I released a latest beta v1.1.8. This one should handle the sensors better now.

Supported are:

• Motion sensors
  • Contant sensors (door/window)
  • Smoke sensors (both 434 and 868Mhz)
  • Battery support (lowBattery for those devices that support it - Thermometers, Smoke sensors)

Please let me know if there are more issues found, else I will release it early next week.

3 Likes

Hi Jeroen,

The Homewizard app was updated on my Homey.
But my devices tab was not loading in the Homey app, after a reboot it works again.
Don’t know if it was being caused by the app update.

Do you also support water sensors?
I see that i can add my water sensor in Homey.
Not sure if this is working.

Here are the raw data from get-sensors on the water sensor:
{“id”:10,“name”:“Wasmachine”,“status”:“no”,“type”:“leakage”,“favorite”:“no”,“timestamp”:“00:00”,“cameraid”:null,“lowBattery”:“no”,“lastSeen”:“2020-09-28 14:12:02”}

1 Like

Hi @Lars_Faber, sorry I’ve not seen that behavior before. I do know that upon start that the app needs to settle down first and finish the first rounds of polling to your Homewizard to gather all details.

Water sensor was not added as supported sensor yet (I don’t own one so missed it). Yes you can see it as one of the devices but it doesnt flag it as a known device (you might have it as smoke & motion sensor I recon).

Thanks for the JSON output I will add it from version 1.1.10 onwards.

2 Likes

@Jeroen_Tebbens
Lately you implemented smoke sensors 433mhz as well as the Cavius 868mhz version.

Is it also possible to add Smartwares XQ-lite 868Mhz connected LED lamp XQ1600

If not I will probably replace this light one day with a Philips Hue version.

Everything is possible but getting a bit chunked with work lately. I will put it on the wish list and see when I can. It’s a little more complex compared to the sensors (one way). The lights are 2-way (get/set).
I also need to look at some performance improvement. Some of the code is synchronic vs async that might be the cause of some of the delay/responsiveness.

Thanks, no hurry.

I also need to look at some performance improvement

This seems more important. Thanks for all the good work!

Found a possible solution to the slow response and lag experienced lately. Replaced the request module with node-fetch. Currently testing locally on my homey.

1 Like

v1.1.11 available as beta/test.

• Core request module replaced with node-fetch for performance boost and lower memory usage
  • Some svg icons added else you will see multiple Homewizard icons (request from Homey reviewer)

v1.1.10

• Water sensor / leakage support

Leakage sensor is added. You can try the test version v1.1.12

Yeah it seems i can add the sensor now as leak detection, but it has the smoke icon.
Can you change that?
Also when i add the device and the device info is not yet available and i open the device, causes the Android app to crash.

And i noticed that some temperature sensors with no battery information have a battery tab.
For the temperature sensors only the 868mhz sensor has battery information.

Keep up the good work!

Are you sure you have v1.1.12? Because a new watersensor cant get the smoke icon else it was an existing device. Try to remove and add it again. The crash is a homey app issue that is beyond me.

I see why the thermometer goes wrong on the battery on 434mhz types, will fix it.

Yes I’m on the test version 1.1.12 , also checked it in the Homey app.
removed and added the leak sensor again , but still the smoke logo comes back.
If i open the leak sensor it’s correctly showing water sensor.
So it’s the device icon :wink:

Ok I will force the removal then. Thanks for confirming,

@Jeroen_Tebbens

Homey weet bij een aantal apparaten welk type batterijen er in zitten. De apparaten van Homewizard standaard niet. Kun jij dit standaard toevoegen of kan ik dat zelf aangeven?

Dit is volgens mij wat ik weet van paar HomeWizard apparaten:

• Temperatuursensoren 433/868mhz = 2x AA
  • Rookmelder 868mhz = 1x CR123A
  • Rookmelder 433mhz = 3x AA en 1x 9V-blok

Voorbeeld van apparaten met batterij type:

Dit kun je zien als je naar energie gaat en dan rechtsboven batterij icoon.