[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

OK. I was able to fix it again. It seems I need to publish a new version every week now because Kia/Hyundai are blocking stuff :frowning:

Anyhow, if you have autoupdate on the app will start working again from now :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hi Gruijter,
Kia switched to a new app UVO connect 2021 tonight. Since then, the Homey UVO App has not been available again. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

yes, we are already on top of it. So far my Homey app still works fine.

There seems to be more nice information in the new UVO app:

try logging out of the official UVO app, and log in again in the new app. I did that and Homey runs fine now.

I had problems yesterday afternoon, but since 00:04 it does it again😊 so that is strange then

I think Hyundai/Kia were migrating their servers yesterday. I had ‘too many api calls’ yesterday even though I used it the same as every day.

Was the same with me. I almost suspect that I am blocked again today due to the many calls.

Is there perhaps some adjustment in terms of the number of times though? Haven’t done anything special yet and have already been blocked for today😵

I hope not… but that could be the case. I’m still good with server poll every 5 minutes, but I started polling at 8 this morning.

Looks like im hitting the limit also. I had it working this morning and when i checked around 15:00 it had reached the max limit for today.

// Ted

What settings did you use for polling? Default 10 minutes or something else?

10 Min default yes. I changed it for tomorrow to 30 min. Is there a good way to make a counter for polling or something simular.

// Ted

BTW @Gruijter small sugestion. Use Homey timezone adjusting in the log. I gues considering it is 2 hours behind for me your using GMT maybe?

// Ted

That timestamp is coming directly from Homey. That it is not corrected for local timezone was introduced in Homey V5 I think. Before that it used to be local timezone.

I probably could correct it during display in the app settings. I’ll keep it in mind when I’m really bored…

1 Like

I had mine set at 15 min interval today, and it stopped working just now (22.45). So that means the limit is now 100 status requests per day :frowning:

So a max of 1 poll per 20 minutes average to make it through the entire day.

I put a counter on the if card new status change. I have 2 kia cars thru the app atm now at 6 in the morning it have 5 on the eSoul and 3 on the Niro. I gues it aint triggering the card unless there is some type of change so it could check at some point without triggering the card.

// Ted

I also set the interval to 20 minutes and will report.

Y 24 hours *60 / 100 is around 14-15min so i gues 20 is most likly a good number for status checks. But then im wondering is there realy a point to check with shorter then 30 min. For surtain flows i trigger a manual a min or 2 before anyway depending what it is.

// Ted

Version 2.5.0 is on its way

• bluelinky@7.3.0 (auto timestamps updates).
  • Login caching for reduced API calls.
  • Default update intervals increased.
  • Improved error logging.

It solves the weekly timestamp issue (it automatically fetches new timestamps from the internet every day). Secondly I managed to reduce the API calls by 50% by not logging in again at every call.

2 Likes

Installed 2.5.0 i seam to have old error log entries that cant be deleted when pressing the delete log button. Other then that it looks like it works as it should. :slight_smile: