[APP][Pro] Netgear Router - Network control, Presence detection, Energy monitoring

Do you have multiple routers added to Homey maybe?

@Gruijter you can add R7500 (I use the latest firmware: V1.0.0.124) to your nighthawk supporting list. I got one and seems to work fine. No troubles adding the router or reading statistics.

1 Like

No only the RBR50 with 2 satellites. When I just checked if the app was recently updated I saw in the review that Sandro Mariotti seems to have the same problem

Can you do a compatibility test from the app settings, and post that with a description of what exactly happens / doesn’t work on github? Thx.

Done, already many thanks in advance for looking into this.

Homey V5 does have some breaking changes for existing apps. The ‘not able to pair’ issue is solved in the new version 3.2.3 and should work for both Homey V5 and Homey V4.

Version 3.2.3 fixed my problem. Many thanks for the great support. To show my appreciation I made a small donation.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: glad it works again for you. Donation received. Many thx! :beers:

Hi, app was and is running great. But after adding 2nd netgear router as AP (an R7000 on V1.0.11.106_10.2.100 connected to the router via cable) devices are every couple of minutes or so being reported as not present while they are. Router is R7000P running V1.3.1.64_10.1.36. I saw a post similar to this problem with a reference to lease time, but that does not seem to be the issue. My iPhone is reported by the R7000P router as being connected via cable. Obviously that means the iPhone is connected via the AP to the router. Does the app perhaps use this “connected via” to only look at wifi connected devices?
Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated! Homey 4.2.0

I have solved this issue now by adding the AP as Netgear divide in the app. In the presence flows I now do a cross-check on the AP in case the router triggers a disconnect. When the mobile phone is not connected to the router nor the AP than it is safe to assume that person is no longer present.

A new version 3.2.4 was just released in the app store

• Package update. http(s) timeout fix netgear@4.3.1

Edit: Never mind, now the searching of the Router does find the SOAP port. Still no idea why it could not find it originially.

Original Post:
For some reason I could not longer see my Netgear router in Homey. Well I could see it, but it reported no longer being able to login. I could not fix it, so eventually I tried to remove the device, remove the app. Then re-installed the app, now when trying to find the router. It finds the correct IP address, but the app does not find the SOAP port automatically. I know it was set to 5000 before.
When I set it to 5000, fill in the password, the app still is not able to login.

The log is below.

PS, I have an R8000 router, and I resetted it to factory settings last weekend.

========== STARTING TEST ==========
Node version: v12.16.1
Netgear package version: 4.3.1
Info: Homey fw:5.0.4 app: 3.2.4
t = 0
trying to auto discover Netgear routers…
[{Firmware:V1.0.4.68_10.1.75,RegionTag:R8000_WW,Region:ww,Model:R8000,InternetConnectionStatus:Up,ParentalControlSupported:1,CircleEnabled:0,OpenDNSEnabled:0,SOAPVersion:3.21,LoginMethod:2.0,ReadyShareSupportedLevel:29,XCloudSupported:1,SmartNetworkSupported:0,DeviceMode:0,host:192.168.1.1}]
t = 2.387
trying to login using method 1…
method 1 failed.
trying to login using method 2…
method 2 failed.
trying to login using auto method…
{}
{host:192.168.1.1,port:5000,tls:false,username:admin,password:*****,timeout:18000,sessionId:A7D88AE69687E58D9A00,loggedIn:false,configStarted:false,soapVersion:3,loginMethod:2,guestWifiMethod:{},lastResponse:{code:ECONNREFUSED},queue:{queue:{},overheat:1618840607948,pending:true,params:{default:{rule:common,key:common},rules:{common:{rate:3,limit:1,priority:1}},overall:{rate:10,limit:1},retryTime:2,ignoreOverallOverheat:true},heatPart:100}}

So, yesterdays behavior is not a single instance.
Again, Homey is telling me that Homey can not log in into the Device, while the whole night is see network devices being connecting in the log.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Can you do a compatibility test and create an issue on github? Also please send a diagnostics report.

Hi Gruijter.

No sure how to do that.

What I did notice is that the device is spontaneously available again in Homey, and during the time it was not, the Nighthawk app was also not able to connect to the router.

That actually sounds like a firmware bug in the router. You should definitely contact Netgear about this.

Thank you, i will investigate further.

Thank you

1 Like

Homey V5.0 and Router Netgear RBR50
The app detects perfect when a particular smartphone comes on line.
The flow follows always the “else”-path.
The same problem when the smartphone goes offline.

But there is no condition? So what should this flow do? and there is a question mark in the first action, this should be a TAG.

Maybe if you tell us what you want to achieve, we can help you.

I have deleted the else-clause. Now everything is workig normal.
Thanks. Solution provided :slight_smile:
The else-clause has no use. I was testing en logging, so I did provide all exit-paths.

2 Likes