[APP][Pro] Nuki Direct

Thanks for the explanation.
However, I have not made any changes in the device settings often Opener, neither in the Homey App nor in the Nuki App. I haven’t activated the Continuous Mode (Dauermodus) for weeks.
Is the state “Unlock Time” (Aufsperrdauer; RtO and Continuous Mode) checked from time to time and does the status appear in the timeline?
Or how should I understand this?

Hello @DirkG,
Unlock duration/Aufsperrdauer is just a setting that affects the duration of the unlock (if the unlock is issued by Nuki Direct).
Your Opener may automatically get in Ring to Open state if you activated the Smart Actions (Auto Unlock) in the Nuki app for smartphone, i.e. every time that you (or your family members) enter the geofence around your building (my Opener does so).

Yes, that’s right. I use Auto Unlock.
So if I enter the geofence the Opener goes in state „Unlock/Entriegelt“ and opens the door if I ring at the doorbell.
After a certain time (when I don’t ring and open the door, setting is in the orig. Nuki App) or after I ring the doorbell, then the Opener goes again in the „Closed/Verriegelt“ state?
Is that right?

Yes, This is right. When you see the Opener as Unlocked in Nuki Direct, it means that the door will be opened if someone rings the doorbell.
While the Opener is seen as Unlocked in Nuki Direct, it is seen as Ring to Open and/or Ring to Open by Continuous mode in Nuki app for smartphone. In Nuki Direct I added the Nuki State capability that reports the state of the device as defined by Nuki.
Screenshot_20200918-101702
Note: as you could see, I added some German translations in Nuki Direct (full supported languages: English, Dutch, Italian); maybe those translations are imprecise… If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you.

1 Like

Okay, now I understand, thank you very much!

Regarding the German translation, however, only two or three cards, the instruction for adding the devices and some small things are missing (which I found spontaneously). The already translated things are ok.
If you like I can translate the rest.

Hello @ChrisBoer,

In order to fix the issues you opened I committed to the master branch on GitHub an updated version of Nuki Direct.

In this version the actions from user interface (UI actions) and the actions from action flow cards (flow actions) related to same device never overlap.

When action B starts before the action A is finished, the following rules are followed:

• If action B is the same as action A (for example: A is a Lock action in progress and B is also a Lock action), then action B simply waits for the completion of A and return success.
  • If action B is different from action A (for example: A is a Lock action in progress and B is an Open/Unlatch action) then the behavior depends on the action origin:
    • If action B is a UI action, action B is aborted;
    • If action B is a flow action, action B waits for the completion of action A before starting.

These rules also apply to more than two actions.

Thanks Piero, I will execute a test tomorrow evening !

Nuki Direct v3.0.4 released and available on Homey Community Store and GitHub.

Thnx Piero! The Community App Store PayPal link is still linking to Phuturist. Off course he did a great job (in the past ;-)), but people might want to buy you a beer too?

Hello @2Be,
Thank you for reminding me. Yes, I’m aware of that. It is just a smooth transaction from @Phuturist to me. In the next version of Nuki Direct I will also update the “contributing” section of the app.

Today Nuki released several public firmware updates:

• Smart Lock firmware 2.8.15 / 1.10.3
  • Opener firmware 1.5.3
  • Keypad firmware 1.7.0

Latest Bridge firmware was released 3 weeks ago:

• Bridge firmware 2.7.0 / 1.17.0

With these public firmware updates the following features of Nuki Direct v3.0.4 are disclosed to anyone:
:heavy_check_mark: Smart Lock contact alarm (door sensor)
:heavy_check_mark: Smart Lock battery level
:heavy_check_mark: “Someone rang the doorbell”
:heavy_check_mark: Keypad battery alarm

2 Likes

Thanks to @DirkG, Nuki Direct is now also translated into German.
Here are the languages currently available:
:uk: English
:netherlands: Dutch
:de: German
:it: Italian

Thanks @Piero_F it works like a charm… I was too busy with other things so I justed updated the Nuki app yesterday :wink:

Hello everyone,
I have a problem that I cannot explain myself.

I created a flow that the Nuki Smart Lock already unlocks the door (not open!) as soon as the first person comes home (is realized via Geofence and the App HomeyKit respectively Apple Home). The idea behind it was that the door opens even faster when the first person comes home, because I close the door with 2 rotations (720 °).

The flow worked without problems, but for whatever reasons I often stood in front of the door for a long time before Nuki opened the door. With the pure “Auto Unlock” option of Nuki in 99% of the cases I didn’t have to stand in front of the door that long.

However, I didn’t like that and the benefit was contraproductive so I deleted this flow again.
But the problem is now that the Nuki Smart Lock still unlock as soon as the first person enters the geofence area.
In Apple Home (which I realize the presence control with), there is no other automations that affect the Nuki Smart Lock.

I’m quite confused. :thinking:

Hello @DirkG,
In order to exclude some unwanted actions from Nuki Direct, you may want to temporarily disable the Nuki Direct app on your Homey (Homey app for smartphone | More… | Apps | Nuki Direct | Enabled).

What do you mean exactly with “temporarily”?

• Disable the App, wait 5 minutes, activate again? Is there something like a cache that is cleared?

Or in a Flow:

• If the last person left home -> then disable the app?
  • If the first person came home -> then activate the app with 15 min delay?

I wrote “temporarily” for allowing you understand the unexpected behavior of your Nuki Smart Lock without the interference of Nuki Direct. Once your problem is solved, you can re-enable Nuki Direct.

As you wrote: please, disable the app. Verify if your Smart Lock still unlocks unexpectedly. If not, the reason is Nuki Direct. If so, the reason is elsewhere (btw: did you checked the Advanced Settings of Auto Unlock in the Nuki app for smartphone?) and you can re-enable Nuki Direct app.

Ok, now I understand what you mean with “temporarily”.

In the Nuki app the action “Entering Geofence” was changed. I guess this will solve the problem.

Thanks Piero

Im interessted in Nuki Opener but I don’t wanna buy the bridge. is it correct that the opener wont work with Homey without the bridge no matter which Homey Nuki App you install? Getting the bridge just to use the opener would double it’s price for me :confused:

Thanks Roy!

Gotta wait for another solution then as this one would become too expensive and nello is almost dead. Maybe I have to go for a buttonpusher. Would be great to find one without bridge.