[App][Pro] Onkyo Receiver

Hi Mickel, for me the app is still working great, thank you!
When I’m not at home the power to receiver is cut so the device cannot be found in the network anymore. After the power is restored it looks like the app doesn’t find the receiver anymore. A restart of the app is needed to get it working again. Since this “entertainment stuff” is powered up using a flow in Homey, I just added the restart of the app after 10 seconds, after that the receiver is reconnected to the network, and then everything works fine.

Maybe the option Network Standby in the receiver needs to be set?
This makes sure when the receiver is in standby/off the network stays online and also then the connection with the Onkyo app.

Hello Mickel.

I hope i’m right, but with the old app with mute action the receiver muted or unmuted. And with this new app there is a difference between unmute or mute. So in the action flowcart i really must say unmute to let it unmute. And that is exactly as i wanted.

So real happy with that.:+1:

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

Hello Mickel,

After an automatic update i lost the connection with the receiver.By reading al the questions and answers about it everything works allright now exept one thing, i can´t trigger the receiver by voice using the Google assistant. Is there a way to fix this myself or is it a bug in the app

@Marcel1 The old version but also the new version does nothing with Google Assistent.
Best guess is that GA is using old (cached) data…

Hi @Mickel_Luiten

That’s awesome! Thanks for the effort. Think my cat will love this ‘fix’ :wink:
It was a little puzzle to get it back on track and that was not only related to the app update…

Don’t want to hi-jack this thread but as people come here because they have an Onkyo receiver i was wondering if others have the same experience: Vtuner doesn’t work anymore.
Please “Like” if you have the same experience. I cannot get it to work again. A pitty because homey powered on my Onkyo before so it automatically switches to NET where Vtuner was streaming an internet radio station.
So when i came home i automatically had music.

:frowning:

Hello again,

i was possible to talk to homey using google assistant in the old version, i used it for some time.
I connected/intergrated home to the assistant and it worked fine. after the update i can´t find a way to make it work again

Yess! in the old version there was only one device.The new one has three devices, Main, zone 2 and zone 3. Google home doesn´t see the Main device but sees the other two.

I have made a flow that when zone one is set on or off, Main must go on or off.
So now if i tell the assistant to put on or off zone 2, the receiver is responding!

i mean that when zone 2 is set on or off ofcourse

Tried the app with my Onkyo TX-NR 509 and it was found in the app.
I can turn it on and off, volume up and down also works.
Only I missed a few cards it seemed.
But I’m still figuring that out.
The only thing I didn’t like was that in the menu to select the source that once you stop scrolling the source was chosen right away. So take a look at the screen and the new source was already selected.
This is in the section where the app is used as a remote control.

@Mickel_Luiten My flows get disabled when I turn the volume up or down (fast), or turn the listening-mode selector (fast), regardless of what I do in the flow.

The cause is most probably a flooding of messages to Homey, so I guess a delay should be added and only execute the Token.setValue, receiveCustomflowTrigger.trigger() and setCapabilityValue a limited number of times.

So on receiving a command, set or update a command specific value.
Then check if a timer is set for the command, if not set a timer to execute both the Token.setValue and trigger actions on timer expiry.
This way you can limit the number of actions executed while still making sure the latest received values are always stored in the tokens.
I am unsure what the limits are for number of times you are allowed to execute the setValue/trigger, perhaps a more robust method is required across all possible commands combined. For example, store the timestamp of the last timer to be executed and for every unset command timeout increase that timestamp to either currentTime + 1 second or last set timestamp + 1 second whichever is latest. So in any case a maximum of 1 trigger command will be executed per second.

Before a token is set perhaps it should be checked if the token does not already have the desired value, so only update it when the value is actually changed. (multiple volume adjustments or listen-mode adjustments will then only result in updating the command token once). But this of course only applies if there is a limit on the number of times a token value can be set, if the restraints are only on the triggers this does not apply of course.

Additionally, I think commands that are already handled by their own tokens (volume changed, turned on/off etc.) might be best excluded from the general command/value tokens trigger to prevent firing those unnecessarily many times, but the same restrictions should also apply to setCapabilityValue commands.

That is, I can disable a flow (volume changed) to limit the maximum and or minimum volume by turning the volume up and or down fast. Then the flow will only be triggered
once and then manually enabling the flow is required.

When only turning those selectors slowly and otherwise not flooding messages everything works as intended though. (v3.3.1)

If I can do some more testing, I’d be more then happy to help. Perhaps I can even find the time to write some code to do the above if you’d want the help that is.

Hi Mickel,

Great app, but since the last update I continually loose the connection with my TX 626 (“Apparaat niet beschikbaar. Dit apparaat is tijdelijk niet bereikbaar”). After restarting the app everything is working fine for the time being. I have no clue what is causing the disconnection. I’m using the app for quite some while and didn’t had this issue before. Any idea what’s causing this?

Everything works except for turning my Onkyo on. I can turn it off but nothing happens when pressing on the button to get him on.

@Mike1233 , Can;t change what Athom develops in the SDK :grimacing:

@wadloper, i just uploaded version 3.3.2 to test https://homey.app/a/com.onkyo/test/ and will be soon live.
I implemented a polling mechanism to the receiver, i thought that this sort of mechanism was default, but i also had Openhab running, and that causes the polling and keeping my connection alive in on my testhomey/receiver…
After disabeling Openhab i saw no polling anymore and some sockettimeouts and created the polling mechanism

1 Like

@ryan, makes sure the NetworkStanby is set in the receiver…and maybe same problem as @Wadloper the socketconnection died.
See post [APP] Onkyo Receiver 3.3.0

@Mickel_Luiten Ok will try this. I think the network setting is the clue. Thnx

@Mickel_Luiten. My issue is solved still under v3.3.1. Yesterday I removed my reciever and wanted to add it again, but this failed. I could do this only after I changed to port number to 60128 (it was 8102). Strange, because the same flows are working, but now the connection isn’t lost anymore,

New to this app, installed w/o issue to control my ancient Integra 50.4. Have three zones, manual control works, but… is there a way to insert a Change Input action into a flow? Did I miss something? v. 2 had it…

Custom action card: