[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

I don’t know why, but I guess that’s the main problem, the use of non-original Philips Hue lamps via Hue Bridge.
I have also read about problems with Osram lamps, which were also connected via the Hue Bridge. Controlled via the Homey app they also showed wrong colors.

@Philip_Montgomery and @RoyWissenburg, which lamps/strips do you have in use? Which brand?

I just updated the HUE firmware of the Philips indoor motion sensors and re-add it to the HUE bridge. After the update I leave them paired an run a test regarding to the delay mentioned in the past. What should I say. The indoor motion sensor delivered the motion info nearly instand to Homey v5.

Could anyone run another test to confirm my result, please.

Yeah, I think the same, related to non original hue products. I also faced with issues with Innr. But this is what I do not understand… If vendors can do the compatibility with Hue bridge, and it handles them flawless, why Homey doesn’t do the same as the Hue bridge does?

I think Homey Hue app need to be rewritten from scratch… handling well all hue enabled products would be also Athom’s advantage, since lot’s of products support Hue.

I will contact Athom regarding this issue.

Edit
There is a new version v5.0.3 in the app store. Don’t know if it’s only the change from test to stable version.

Hue App has an update a couple hours ago, not available yet for update on my Homey

All mine are Hue

I’ve just checked the new release, the above mentioned issue still exists.

I’m on Philips Hue App v5.04
Homey v5.0.0
Android app v6.3.1.672

From yesterday my Philips Hue devices are not contactable and when I try to restart the app it says:
“spawn ENOMEM”

Anybody know what that means?

Yes, your Homey is running out of memory.

Please integrate the Hue Dimmer Switch v2. Thank you

slack_2021-03-14_21-28-46

Hello Homeys , I see that this app auto-updated to version 5.1.1. But now all device tile icons have changed and look quite ugly to be honest. They stand out in the wrong way compared to all other icons. As if they are set to “Bold” or something. Also, some icons don’t represent the corresponding lights anymore. For example; I own the square shaped Hue outdoor floodlight. Until yesterday it was an icon with the same square shaped lamp. After the last update the icon now looks like an ordinary bulb. Does anyone else have this issue too? Can this be corrected in any way? My OCD is going haywire :rofl:.

Same here, but interesting.

I thought that the icons were installed by the installing process of the app and could not be changed until I delete a device and set it up again. But it seems that the icons are referenced and can be changed for installed devices. At least by reinstalling the app.

I thought nice new update finally several times clicks on a dimmer switch, but no they still don’t.
those cheap aqara Chinese can do it.
And you can do it with a other way.
Why can’t athom ?

1 Like

Thanks, don’t why the designer couldn’t have created that message instead of “spawn ENOMEM”, but anyway…

… I assume you’re referring to RAM as I when I look under “storage” the stripe is mostly white, whereas under “memory” it shows only a green stripe.

When I click on it, it says Memory Statistics 511.9MB and then underneath just Homey 1.2GB.

Does anybody know what that indicates?

The apps I have running (Aeotec, Fibaro, HeatIt, Nest, Phillips Hue, Popp, Sensative, Virtual Devices and Yale digital lock.) are, as far as I know supposed to be well within Homey’s capability to run simultaneously?

Your Homey has 512MB RAM and the Homey process is using 1.2GB (in other words, it’s basically taking up all RAM and also using part of the flash storage for memory).

It’s likely a memory leak somewhere in Homey’s core, which is impossible to pinpoint by us mortal users. You could try and disable each of your apps individually to see if it resolves the problem, at least then you’ll be able to point Athom towards a (possible) reason.

In any case, Homey won’t be able to get out of this situation by itself, you’ll need to reboot it.

Thanks for the explanation @robertklep .

Frustratingly, Athom’s support has asked for diagnostics report, but when I try to create it, I get the “spawn ENOMEM” again.

Athom support said the log was no good after a reboot because…

> “logs are not wiped upon a reboot, however the log is limited to a few thousand lines, and a reboot (or any other action) takes up an amount of lines in a log, which means the vital information might get pushed out of the log. The more time is left between something going wrong and a log being made, the bigger the chance is that the actual relevant data is not visible anymore.”

I’ve been trying your helpful suggestion

Would you expect the memory statistics to show a reduction immediately, after some time or not at all?

I can’t see any differences (Memory Statistics still shows the same numbers)

I would mostly focus on seeing if disabling a particular app solves the ENOMEM issues. If generating a diagnostics report causes the error to occur, that’s (in a way) helpful because you would have a quick way to trigger the problem.

My suggested method of “debugging” would be:

• Disable app X
  • Reboot Homey
  • Try to trigger the ENOMEM issue (or just wait and run Homey normally until the issue popups up)

Thanks for the suggestions.

This seems to happen every 3 months or so, with either the Philips Hue or Fibaro apps. I can’t really wait 3 months without Fibaro since I have lots of relays that control the heating and lights. I was becoming unpopular with not heating and the weather close to freezing so pulled the plug and rebooted, after waiting a day and half without a support message.

Not sure what else I can do about it except keep sending support requests, unless somebody knows another way to to get that diagnostics report which avoids triggering the memory error?

Is the log accessible somehow via developer.athom.com?

Let Homey rum for some time, and go to Insights: system to look at the memory graphs for each app. If you see one with a continuing upward line you have your culprit. I know for sure the Beacon app has such a graph, and the developer cannot solve it because it seems to be related to Bluetooth API’s.

If it seems like it is the system itself it may still be caused by an app that is leaking Homey System resources, but then it won’t be easy to find the offending app. It may also be that the app complaing about insufficient memory is not the actual cause.

To remediate I have a flow that restarts the Beacon app each night. That is a card you can activate by enabling the experimental option “Power user”.