[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

I’ve tried selecting different ones and they don’t apply to the room selected

1 Like

That’s more or less how I work it

I can see the list but when I select one they don’t activate

Same problem, don’t know why but they don’t. Looking forward to when that’s fixed as it will simplify several flows for me and likely speed up the process. I’m even using the test app just in case it worked better, it doesn’t

I only use Hue scenes, they are working fine :thinking:
Just rename the scenes at the Hue App to which room the scene belongs.

In the flow i use the following card:

3 Likes

And like all solutions, when presented with it, it’s simple. I did not know about this. Cannot rename existing ones though, I’m sure they are easy to recreate in Hue app. Thanks

Right, thanks to @Tequila329 for kindly pointing me in a much better direction that has removed much frustration, I have done exactly as he said and have removed a couple flows and approximately 12 cards from another across 4 flows… And it all works better. I do feel a bit stupid that I hadn’t realised that that could be done. Everyday a school day

Happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I understand automate hue scenes is a workaround… I wonder if any of Athom developers are listening and at least put these bugs on the roadmap…

1 Like

I haven’t kept the email reply from them from before Christmas but I’m sure they said they were working on it. Mind you v5 is probably getting all their attention at the moment

Yes, I can understand… Its gonna be a real improvement I hope.

Asked it on the wrong topic, here in the right topic, hope someone has a solution:

I have a couple of hue dimmers and a hue motion sensor. I connected them to homey with the hue bridge. In the hue bridge i must connect them to a hue light, otherwise i get an error when i want to save it.

I want to use these accessoires in a flow in homey. But when i want to use them (after making a flow) it seems that the hue bridge overrules the flow i made.

How can i fix this? Cant i just connect them with the hue bridge without using them with a hue light in the hue bridge? Dont know if i described it correct :relaxed:

I think youre right. The motion sensor doesnt need to be connected to a light in the hue app. The dimmer needs to be connected.

Maybe i will look into if i can use the dimmer on homey without the hue bridge.

2 Likes

Yeah, forget this buggy Hue app and use “Philips hue Zigbee”!

It’s not so simple. It’s important to distinguish how both apps work and how to get the best out of both feature sets.

For lighting control, there is currently nothing better than HUE with the HUE bridge! Does what it should in nearly real time with almost 100% reliability + enormous range of functions (scenes, groups / rooms, dimming, etc.) out of the box. Including firmware updates of the devices and Zigbee power diagonally through the whole house and a massive concrete ceiling. In combination with both the Philips HUE and the Philips hue Zigbee app unbeatable.

I use the Philips HUE app when I want take advantage of the deep implementation of HUE with the HUE bridge. Everything works fast and you can be sure that it works on the HUE side. Example:

I tried to install 5 Hue GU10 ceiling spots in the bathroom without the HUE Bridge and controlled via Philips hue Zigbee app. Didn’t work very well, because it was not reliable, individual spots sometimes remained off, because each lamp was controlled individually. Group App, etc. did not lead to better behavior. The known problem with simultaneous commands of Homey. With time offset it worked of course, but looks modest when the bulbs turn on one after the other. In addition, the various logics of the HUE system must be reprogrammed in Homey.

On the other hand you have a delay with the motion detectors if you use the Philips HUE app with the HUE bridge. But for this problem there is a simple solution:

For isolated rooms (eg bathroom), a motion detector should be registered directly in the HUE Bridge and used only there, faster than light :wink:

For multifunction with Homey, the motion detector should be registered via Zigbee app in Homey and if necessary, it controls the HUE lamps from there, which are provided by Philips HUE app via the HUE Bridge.

2 Likes

Have to agree, one of the problems I was having was when I was trying to create the Hue scenes without using Hue. Never worked satisfactorily or, for that matter, repeatably. The Hue app lacks all the logic that Homey has but Homey cannot control the lamps anywhere near as well as Hue with Bridge, especially when trying to control lots of lamps with a flow.
And Hue Zigbee network is excellent.
For me using Homey to create flows with logic from different

Tell me guys you haven’t got such issues with Hue by Athom app:

Hue by Athom app bug video

I do not have this problem with original Philips Hue light strips. But I have Innr Outdoor Spots (OSL 130 C) connected via the Hue Bridge and with it I also have these problems. But even if I control the Innr Outdoor Spots via the smartphone Philips Hue app, the colors are not correct.

No, haven’t noticed that issue. To be honest though I use the actual Philips Hue app to play with Hue lights. I use Homey to automate lights in flows with sensors and times etc as it is much more versatile than the Philips app. You had a token error there which I think means that Homey was trying to tell Hue to do something it is unable to do like change a parameter incorrectly or that too many commands are being sent and things get out of sync

This issue is not related to the frequency of changing colors/temperature. This behaves the same all the time no matters how many times I try to set these.

I experience this with all Gledopto lights but through hue iOS app all just perfect.

Because of this I can not automate the usual way, I need to create hue scenes for all color temperatures and brightness for scenarios I have in Homey…