[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Correct wrong picture, I meant this one hehe:

Main question, have you even tried the latest test version? Cause this one seems to be added in latest release, like Johan mentioned he will.

With 2.0.31 Dimmer Switch (formerly 2. Gen, now 3. Gen) works now!

THX Johan

1 Like

Latest update of the app, v.2.0.31, have an added flow card - Alert Mode.
This is a 4 effect card with two stop cards for any Hue lights.

Blink
Light is faded on and then off (once). Then it returns to it’s former state.

Breathe
Light is switched on and off by smoothly increasing and then decreasing its brightness over a one-second period, and then this is repeated 15 times unless interrupted. Then it returns to it’s former state.

Indicate OK

• Colour lights goes green for one second. Then it returns to it’s former state.
  • Monochrome lights flashes twice in one second. Then it returns to it’s former state.

Indicate problem

• Colour light goes orange for 8 seconds. Then it returns to it’s former state.
  • Monochrome light switches to maximum brightness for 0.5 s and then to minimum brightness for 7.5 s. Then it returns to it’s former state.

Soft stop
Current stage of effect is completed and then the active alert mode is terminated (e.g. for the Breathe effect, only the current one-second cycle will be completed). Light returns to it’s former state.

Hard stop
Current effect and identification mode are terminated as soon as possible. Light returns to it’s former state.

6 Likes

Dear Johan
Had motion sensor (outdoor) trouble since your last official update.:No longer reporting movement (temp and lux work well).
I have 3 of these sensors in garden and use the ‘zone active’ feature on homey to react on movement of any of them.
After reading this conversation I installed the ‘expertimental’ app 2.0.31 this morning and tried both the occupancy and motion version.
Same results as others report:
= movement signals arrive again, very fast
= indeed the two drivers (motion and occupancy) work as advertised
= zone active/inactive works with multiple sensors works too (only tested with occupancy driver)
= battery level is not displayed
= wrong picture (internal sensor iso outside version) displayed

stable so far (3 hours)
keep you posted
thanks for your efforts

Thanks for your feedback :smiley:
Good to hear it works again!
Battery and icon/photo will be fixed in next update.

Any update from Athom on this?

Hello @rvdeijk , they are indeed there now, I was able to add them and they work!

THANK YOU very much @johan_bendz for the effort, the recessed spotlights are now working just as they are supposed to…!

2 Likes

Hi Johan
Issue on motion sensors (SML001 and SML002) not working correct after update 2.0.26 and Homey 5 see Issue # 301. The good news is that all the indoor motion sensors are working with the official release of your app. And after installing the ‘experimental’ app 2.0.31 today, also the outdoor motion sensors are working. At this moment I installed just the standard outdoor and not the occupancy ones. If you want me to test also that type just let me know. There now on my desk and not in the gardens.
Motion triggers, lux, temp., batt. and log are working.
Thanks for all the good work! I’m verry happy again.

1 Like

After some days the motion sensors still work and do their job well. They only missed the morning paper delivery this morning :wink:
Good work @johan_bendz

Edit: I use the occupancy version for my Outdoor sensors.

The occupancy mode seems to work well. As mentioned before the sensor sends "NO movement " statements in addition over time which are shown under the running icon. This signal isn’t logged and cause no flow trigger. But why is it shown under the icon? Is this maybe an alive signal?

Tested today also some outdoor motion sensors as “Occupancy Sensors”. With the ‘experimental’ app 2.0.31. The sensors are working as expected, with the mentioned issues.

Question: before the big update to Homey 5.x. the motion sensors showed a red led active when motion was detected. Now the there is no red led active when motion is detected. Is this a feature that you can set or a bug (omission)?

Thanks @johan_bendz for the good work, and others for all the testing. It’s a great App.

Hi. The updated “NO movement status” comes from a device polling. Since the code is still new I added it to get logs and make sure the sensor is not “dropped” from Homey or considered non responsive. It uses a bit more energy than needed so I will consider changing it to once a day or even remove it.

Hi. This is actually quite funny… :sweat_smile: the reson you don’t get a red light is because the sensor is working as it should… the red light you got before was a sign that the sensor did not get a response from Homey when it sent an alert. eg… something was wrong… (don’t tell anyone :shushing_face:)

2 Likes

Hi Johan, ok I know my place now. :smile: So its an improved. Good! I will keep it as a secrete :blush: I think you can close the Issue # 301 in GitHub. With this app 2.0.31 motion detection is working. regards

Hmm, just shipped my outdoor motion sensor back because it didn’t work. Tried pairing, new batteries, and I did search the community forum but somehow mysteriously missed this. Thought I also looked for a test version of this app, but didn’t see a comment about anything that should fix this. Only found issues going way back, so thought it was around for ages. Figured posting again would be no use. Feel rather stupid now, as it sits in the nearest postoffice heading back to the shop, 500 mtr from my home, yet soooo far away :roll_eyes: Should have trusted the great community support and app developers.

Yes you should have :wink: :rofl:
Well well… hope next behaves better :smiley: I will add info about how to “recover” the sensors in the topic start.

@johan_bendz from my understanding are we talking about two different products or two ways of detection in one device? And which device then?

I can only find the Philips Hue motion sensor and outdoor sensor. This Occupancy sensor driver sounds a good way to detect motion, but even better when motion actually stopped. Theb lights can be turned off quicker, without using timers and resetting those timers when motion is detected again.

Edit: Not sure if I read alright, but the motion and outdoor sensor have two modes that can be toggled at preferences of the device? Motion or Occupancy.

The Occupancy sensor drivers are only available in the test version of the app right now. They are separate devices/drivers, eg. you are not able to switch between the modes unless your re-pair the unit.

1 Like

One of my occupancy sensors stopped reporting some 20 hours ago. Don’t know whether it’s an app issue or core issue. It’s been working just fine until now. The routing seems fine (no question marks). 332db744-7554-4356-b96b-6f892f52b492

Hi Gustaf.
I see:
SML001 [0] - looks like it’s OK
SML001 [1] - looks like it’s OK
SML001 [2] - looks like it’s OK
SML001 [3] - looks like it’s OK
SML001-occupancy [0] - I don’t see this one. Is this the one you have problems with?
SML001-occupancy [1] - looks like it’s OK
SML002-occupancy [0] - looks like it’s OK
SML002-occupancy [1] - looks like it’s OK
SML002-occupancy [2] - looks like it’s OK