[APP][PRO] Plugwise Smile P1 - Dutch and Belgian Smart Meter Reader

Hello,

I’m considering buying a Plugwise Smile P1.

However, I’m seeing different images fof this device. If I’m looking on the website of Plugwise I’m seeing another device than on the homey appstorepage of this app. Are there different versions? And if so, are all versions compatible with this app?

Hi Marcel,

yes, the Smile P1 has a new version that looks a bit different. It is fully compatible with the Homey app though. So you should be fine when buying it.

As an alternative device, you could also look at the Youless LS120. This has no wifi onboard (only wired ethernet), but does have an additional optical sensor and pulse input that can be used for various applications, like a water meter or seperate solar panel data. I also built the app for the youless, and it does exactly the same as the Plugwise Smile P1 app if you only use it for P1 smartmeter.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I have bought a Plugwise because it has wifi so the other one was no option for me. I’m waiting for it to be shipped. Really looking forward to play with it! Do. You guys having some examples of nice flows that can be triggered using this thing?

The led ring Screensaver option is also awesome!

1 Like

I use it for example to charge my car when off-peak tarrif is on. And the ledring is used to see with a quick look if the dryer or washing machine is running.

A major new release was just approved by Athom. v3.0.0

It has 2 major changes:

• Support for the upcoming new firmware level 3 for the plugwise Smile P1 (Big thanks to Plugwise for giving support for this development, and to eelco2k for giving remote access to his device and help testing!)
  • The ability to disable certain meters during pairing, e.g. when you have no gas or no solar panel production

I have complete rewritten the code. Because there might be some bugs in it I released it in the beta stream for now. Please let me know if you have issues or not with this release :slight_smile:

non of the values are correct anymore for me with v3 of the (beta) app, do you need the new firmware (3) on the smile P1, or is a re-pair required?
Everything is way too low, or not specified anymore (“stroommeter piek” is empty now for example). :thinking:

Oops… weird. It should work. Could you give me remote access to your smile maybe? If so, give me a pm or on slack…

Hi! How can I update my Plugwise Smile to version 3.0? I cannot find any update option in my Plugwise app on my phone…

Edit: I’m running version 2.1.17 now…

It is not released yet by plugwise. It will be :soon::soon:

1 Like

Allright thanks… Will it update my smile automaticly? Or do I need to do anything specificly to receive the update…

Dunno… We all have to wait for plugwise to release it :soon:

1 Like

Any news about the update? Did you receive it allready?

Nope, they must have issues. I will drop them an email for more info.

It apparently depends on the smile hardware version. This is the response I got from plugwise:

We zijn nu bezig met het testen of het upgraden van bestaande Smile P1’s van de tweede generatie (de versie zonder externe antenne) consistent goed gaat met behoud van de data. Ik verwacht dat er dan binnen 1 a 2 maanden (kan langzamer gaan in deze vakantieperiode) voor bestaande gebruikers een aanbieding komt om te upgraden. We zijn nog aan het kijken naar de details daarvan.

I got some more details from Plugwise as reply on some additional questions I had:

- De V3 is inderdaad tweede generatie hardware met V3 firmware.
- De update wordt niet automatisch gepushed. De V3 werkt niet met de Plugwise Mobile app. Er zijn namelijk gebruikers die in die app de Stretch en Smile P1 combineren voor een overzicht voor zonnepanelen. Daar is nog geen vervanging voor. Er komt een aanbieding om te upgraden zodat mensen daar zelf voor kunnen kiezen. Ik verwacht dat voor recent gekochte Smile P1 deze upgrade kosteloos is maar daar wordt nog naar gekeken.
- Er is momenteel nog een coulance regeling voor mensen met een oude/defecte Smile P1. Het is nog onbekend hoe lang deze regeling blijft gezien we nu de geheel vernieuwde V3 versie hebben.
- De V3 versie werkt alleen met de Plugwise Home app. Er komt waarschijnlijk dit jaar een update voor Source zodat het ook daarin werkt.
- Met de V3 versie heb je op de HTML pagina en in de nieuwe app nu dezelfde interface, deze is moderner, makkelijker en sneller in gebruik. In de app zie je nu ook buitenshuis het actuele verbruik (dat was tot maximaal een uur oud). Verder werkt de V3 nu ook met de nieuwste generatie slimme meters (DSMR 5). In de Plugwise Home app kan je meerdere gateways toevoegen. Bijvoorbeeld als je ook een Anna of Adam hebt. Je zou dus ook meerdere Smile P1 erin toevoegen voor als je meerdere huizen/kantoorpanden hebt.
Zie onze website voor alle app schermen: https://www.plugwise.com/nl_NL/products/smile-p1

I just uploaded app version 3.0.2 to the appstore. It will be available for download onze Athom approves it. It has some bugfixes and optimizations for the new V3 firmware.

I think I’m having the first generation smile P1. So, no update for me? I cannot find anything about a “coulange regeling” dan you point me in the right direction?

Ask plugwise: https://www.plugwise.com/nl_NL/contact

For your information…

Anyone any info about manually update a V2 to the V3 version? I understood this will not be an auto update. I will also ask the support desk of plugwise if they have any update instructions