[APP][PRO] Plugwise Smile P1 - Dutch and Belgian Smart Meter Reader

And maybe the results you need can also be achieved with another app I recently made: https://community.homey.app/t/20535

Did you look at that already?

Hi Gruijter,

Wait, Iā€™ll have a look at it.
I think itā€™s a lack of the Smile it,s not showing the real Import/export. Now Iā€™m doing some calculation in the Homey to get all the data per day. This should be realtimeā€¦

A.

Yes, the ā€˜Power by the Hourā€™ app does give you real-time totals per hour/day/month and year. Does that work for you?

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m running it now, letā€™s see.
I have Solar panels, and I can read the power that it produces. During Night time I can see my net Power usage, no problem. When the solar panels are generating power it becomes more difficult. Letā€™s say Iā€™m using around 500 W/hr. When the panels are producing 500 W/hr. it looks like Iā€™m using 0. Ofcourse this is not true, my consumption is still 500 W/hr. When they produce 1000 W/hr, Iā€™ll export 500, but still use 500.

I bought the Homey last week, just playing around with it. I have another 3 HA gateways. Vera3/Vera Plus and a Fibaro HC2.

A.

Ah, I see what you mean. You need more advanced reporting. In the Homey energy tab it does work well though, but only real-time when you open the energy tab (so no hindsight reporting available). In below example my solar panels produce 233+406=639 W. My P1 meter is reporting a total usage of 20W. So the actual usage is 20+639=659W. And this is correctly shown by Homey.

For this to work you need to monitor the solar production seperately. Iā€™m using Plugwise Circles for that, but other solutions exist as well.

This should be no problem, Iā€™m reading the solar panels separately. So, some simple calculation should solve this. Itā€™s not that I really need it, but itā€™s my hobby and job at the same time. As an Automation engineer I try to automate everythingā€¦ :laughing:

A.

Hi guys. Just received my smile p1 :sunglasses:. IInstalled it and works with the plugwise home app. Next step was to add it to homey, but first installed the smile app from you ā€œGruijterā€. I went to add device, plugwise, smile p1 v3, install device, recognition of the smile name, asked to provide the 8letter of code and prompt it shows " er zijn geen nieuwe apparaten gevonden" with a close button at bottom right. Finally not added the deviceā€¦ did a restart of homey, tried multiple times to add and looked for updatesā€¦

Can anyone advise?

Cheers tim

Maybe the autodiscover doesnt work in your network. In that case you need to enter the IP address manually.

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. The auto discover works since my smile is recognised by homey, correct smile - ā€¦numbersā€¦ message appears after clicking and filling the id (8 letters)ā€¦

Can you post the app logs here?

Edit: I think you are trying to use the Athom app. Install my app:

I updated the app to version 3.0.6. Wait for the app store release, or install as test version from here:

• Updated icons
  • Improved pairing screen

Hi! Thanks for all the help so far. See attached. All the screens plus log from your app.

Havenā€™t tried the update, will do tomorrow.

Works! I think not by the update but you triggered me to look for add device and I in my stupidity clicked on the plugwise smile p1 instead of yoursā€¦ . anyway thanks and hope it helps to prevent others doing the sameā€¦

1 Like

Is there a way/flow to get a notification every day how much KWh has been produced by the solar panels?

Well, you would need to have a seperate meter for your panels to do that. The P1 smart meter only tells you how much you used/delivered from/to the power grid. The in-house usage is not accounted for on a P1 meter.

But you can use this app to summarize the power on an hour/day/month/year basis. It is easy to start a flow every day that notifies you on the hour summary.

Since a week or so the GAS number shows 0 m3.

Energy is showing normal.

Any idea what is causing it?

you are not using gas? (we are having a heat wave you know :sweat_smile:)

if you go to the plugwise app or the webinterface of the smile, what does it say there?

Yes, I know :slight_smile: But weā€™re still taking a shower.

Maybe you are right that the consumption is that low. Homey reported 0 Euro on Gas now for about 5 days in a row, which I found weird. When I logon to the smile, I see that the gas meter progressed .23 m3 since last midnight, which is about 0,14 Eurocents.

I think it is a rounding error in my formula:
{{round(Gasmeter-Gasverbruik middernacht)*0.68}}

Going to change it now to:
{{round((Gasmeter-Gasverbruik middernacht)*0.68)}}

and see what happens :wink:

Why dont you use PowerByTheHour? That does all the totaling for you

actually Iā€™m using that. I see it collects metrics for hour, day, month and year.

But for Gas it shows all zero for today as well (at least in the app). Or do the tag values use 2 decimals (or more) when you use them in calculations?

In order to report 2 decimal Euro number for Gas usage I have now changed my calc to:
{{round((round((Gasmeter-Gasverbruik middernacht)*100))*0.68)/100}}
Which gives me 0,14 Euro for gas use now.

1 Like