[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I keep getting negative values. The first screenshot is of PowerByTheHour showing I’ve used -48 kWh so far today (I don’t have anything generating energy). The second screenshot is from my power meeter’s own app showing I’ve used 36.9 kWh so far today.

The app needs a cumulative meter_power. If e.g. your power device resets the meter_power to 0 each day, it wont work.

What power device/app are you using?

Pulse from Tibber. Had a look in insights and you are correct. The value is reset at midnight.
Any possibility you could add that as a setting and use the max/last value each day for the month/year calculations?

I will have another look at that. I have looked at if before, but it is not easy to implement something that works for all scenarios, especially with power generating meters.

1 Like

By the way @paaland I already have a manual setting for daily reset in the advanced device settings. I forgot to ask and assumed you already tried that. If not, can you please try if the present functionality already works for you?

Thx!

Wow, I did not see that. I’ve turned it on and we’ll see tomorrow how it works.

Hi @Gruijter, i am adding a P1 meter to the power by the hour but while i can add the gas i am unable to add the power. this may be due to the metrics that are provided by the dual tariff meter and the output that is stored by the homewizzard energy app that is on my homey. Is there a way to add the dual tariff meters as well as the total energy that is delivered by the previously mentioned app?
thanks for your efforts!!
Kind Regards, J

Hi @paaland, does it work ok?

Yes, it seems to work now. My main meeter for the whole house resets every night and turning that setting on seems to work fine. Thank you.

1 Like

@Jeroen_Tebbens any chance you can check what is/ isnt working with PowerByTheHour and homewizzard energy, and why? I would like it to work of course, but dont have the device myself so cannot test it.

See also this issue on Github https://github.com/gruijter/com.gruijter.powerhour/issues/4

The code has meter_gas.today and meter_gas.reading to keep track of it. So it does not cater for meter_gas without the .name that you expect.
I dont know how to cater for it. If I add it as meter_gas extra people complain that they have mulitple gas meters in the overview.

Gas meter works with the Homewizard Energy but not the Energylink.

Meter_power in Homewizard Energy is also dotted.

me.addCapability(‘meter_power.consumed.t1’);
me.addCapability(‘meter_power.consumed.t2’);
me.addCapability(‘meter_power.produced.t1’);
me.addCapability(‘meter_power.produced.t2’);

The gas metering seems to work fine with power by the hour. I am unable to add the power and maybe that is because of the t1 and t2 extensions as there is dual tariff on homewizard energy. it shows no devices found.
I guess it expects the values as [‘meter_power’, ‘meter_power.peak’, ‘meter_power.offPeak’]

Ah, so there are two different homewizzard devices, both with their own app, and both having different capabilities?

Power by the hour needs a meter_gas for gas, and a cumulative meter_power for power. Cumulative means all consumption meters added and all production meters substracted.

Homewizard Energy (the new wifi dongle) supports your meter_gas and has the aggregated meter_power as requested.

Then there is the old Energylink which is a sub device on the old Homewizard which has the P1 details and S1 and S2 ports to track for solar or water meter.

So am a bit lost what is asked here. Is it about the Energylink or the new Homewizard Energy dongle (wifi). And of that later is the case how to spit all these into smaller meter_power t1 t2 cons and prod. They can’t be using the same meter_power capability in the current driver I use.

Hi @Jeroen_Tebbens this is for the new Homewizard Energy dongle wifi. when adding this to the power by the hour, it doesn’t seem to find the meter_power that is needed to add the “power summarizer device” in homey.
@Gruijter I guess there may be need for 2 more summarizers called meter_power.peak and meter_power.offPeak or are both added to get the meter_power value?
then we might need to translate the
(‘meter_power.consumed.t1’);
(‘meter_power.consumed.t2’);
(‘meter_power.produced.t1’);
(‘meter_power.produced.t2’);
and do the math on these to get the meter_power.peak and meter_power.offPeak values.

It does, which version of Homewizard Energy are you running?
I am using it so I know it works.
Try to re-add/pair it (add the dongle again so it wont break your current flows)

I am using Homewizard Energy 0.1.0
Power by the Hour v2.1.1
Homey is running 4.2.0.
i removed and readded the dongel but I still get the following when i am adding the power summarizer:

Try this version, it has some fixes on aggregated value.

1 Like

@Jeroen_Tebbens yes that one works :+1:

1 Like

This is what I get from Eneco, if I login…

This is what I want to create with my flows, including water usage and amount…

I can calculate the logic… Or maybe this is a candidate for on your backlog…

To add the price per unit and the app generates a calculated variable…

1 Like