[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Please create a tutorial then :wink::ok_hand:

2 Likes

New version 2.2.0 is available for testing: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.powerhour/test/

I changed quite a bit, so please test it. I will only move it to stable if I get confirmation that no issues were introduced.

• Added support for Tibber app.
  • Added support for Homewizard energylink gas.
  • Check for source device unavailable.
  • Added polling mode for power (reduced system load in combination with Prometheus exporter).
  • Removed deprecated meter driver.
  • Update athom-api@3.2.13.
1 Like

Hi Gruijter, like to use your app for instance to summarise readings of the fibaro tussenstekker but i don’t see how to do it. do you have some kind of manual for the app to explain usage?
thanks for the great work anyway!

The app is the manual :wink:

Just start pairing a device with PowerByTheHour, and if you can add your Fibaro plug it works. If you don’t see it, it doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply, but the issue is that I cannot see anywhere in the app or in the device how to pair.

How to pair a device: https://youtu.be/9l9HbzJON5k

Replace fibaro app with powerByTheHour app…

Hi your last sentence did the trick :+1:
Thanks for your prompt response

1 Like

Hello.

I started using this app today.

I use a lot of shelly devices, all my ‘Shelly 1PM’ And ‘Shelly 2.5’ are detected fine.
But the ‘Shelly EM’ Wich is a Energy Meter can’t be added.

Does it not have the required capabilities?

Also.

I want to know how much energy a device spent from let’s say day 15 till next day 15 making it a month.
How can i accomplish this?

If anyone could please explain me, i would be very thankful.

Thank you.

Thx for the App, seems to work great for some devices like TP-Link, Youless and Plugwise. However It doesn’t seem to work with the Shelly 1PM. I can add it but all values stay zero…
Already removed it and added it again and tried restarting the App.

Any Idea?

Power by the Hour

Shelly 1PM (image limit per post)

Does shelly reset the meter_power to 0 every day maybe? If so just enable this in the PBTH advanced device settings.

Try to restart shelly app. I had this issue with Shelly 3EM

Great, this did the trick. It’s indeed restarting the Shelly App and not the PbtH App that solves the issue.

Thx!

Hi @Gruijter
Would it be possible to add support for the shelly EM?
Thank you

I checked the code for the shelly em app. It has a meter_power. So what is not working then?

Or are you using it for production (solar panels) maybe? I see there is a meter_power_returned. PBTH does not support that indeed. Just connect the solar panels as a power user in stead of producer then…

It is not detected by pbth , when i go into add new devices it just doesn’t appear on the devices available to add.

No I’m not, i just use it to measure the total consumption of my house.

Thats weird… Unless it is already added to Homey, it should turn up. You do see other power devices?

Yes, and already added to homey.

Although non of them is a shelly EM, the devices you see on the screenshot are either “shelly 1PM” Or “Shelly 2.5” or “Aqara Eu Plug”

Can’t understand it either :smirk:

These are the differences from the device info i can get.

Red Cross: Doesn’tget detected by PBTH (Shelly EM)
Green check: One of the many I’ve already added with PBTH (Shelly 1PM)
Both from shelly.

@Phuturist Do you have a clue why Shelly EM is not showing in PBTH during pair?

1 Like

Only thing I can think of is because the Shelly (3)EM are currently both registered as cumulative energy devices as these devices are often used as some sort of energy clamp and you dont want to double count the usage. See https://apps-sdk-v3.developer.athom.com/tutorial-Drivers-Energy.html. There is a request though for adding an advanced option allowing the user to change the energy attribute similar to your Enelogic app but I have not yet implemented that.

1 Like