[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Jamie, is it possible that you could add the Alexa oral-b guide as well to the app? Only when and if you get the time of course. I understand if this is not easy to do, I just wanted to mention it in case it wasn’t that hard :slight_smile:

For a second I thought: “Alexa, brush my teeth” has become reality now :sweat_smile::crazy_face:

2 Likes

LOL I think that would be much laziness, although I wouldn’t say no… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joking aside though, I would like the option to start the news or anything really every time I pick up my toothbrush. As it is right now the base is barely recognised as an Alexa device in the Alexa app, its at least all it is, I can’t do much with it. There used to be a skill for it which allowed me to create routines but for some reason it got removed, so now I can’t do anything with it, HOMEY won’t recognise it.

Hey OWA,

The information required to add a new device are outlines in the first two posts of this thread.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Jamie, first of all thanks for your effort, I believe it isn’t easy to run after alexa app. Anyhow as it happens to many users, also in my case, very often your app loose the connection with the alexa server. I saw that now you added the option “reconnect” that works and you are not asked to enter id and password (very well done!). Would it be possibile to have this option in a flow. In this way I could ask home to execute this operation automatically bypassing the frequent disconnection. Must say that before Homey 7 version (or at least since two weeks ago), your app was quite stable after a long nightmare period. But now the connection is lost very frequently again.

Thank you so much Jamie :pray::slightly_smiling_face: Your work is amazing. I missed those posts or forgot them. I used to be really really good at coding and building computers from scratch and any tech in general but then I got this brain injury some years ago, so now I can hardly do a few things. I rely on all these smart screens and my homey to help me out with my memory loss which I suffer from all the time. Your app means SO much to me, thank you. I’ll look at the info and see if I can figure it out, not sure if I can but I’ll try, I understand why you need it :slightly_smiling_face:

@Jamie , I saw that if you restart the app it works again. So I can use this solution to solve the problem.

I have the same situation: after the disconnection, if I use the “reconnect” button in settings the app reconnects the service, but the devices are shown as “unavailable”.

On the contrary, if I restart the app and use the “connect” button, I can have all my devices available again.

Hello,
I am new to the Homey community, I just bought a homey pro. I updated it to the latest version 7.1.1, version of android software 6.8.0.743.

I created a very simple Flow, When it’s 9 a.m, Alexa reports good morning in my Echo Dot (gen2).
But this one doesn’t work, when I press the Test button, nothing happens…

By looking at the reviews on your app, I noticed that others were in the same situation.
Are you aware of the problem? Will this be corrected soon?

This flow will not work if you are not connected to the right server ….

Please go to the apps configuration, disconnect and reconnect to the right sever

Take the time out to test it

Hello @Jamie,
The App offers a flow trigger if it’s disconnected.
Would it be possible to add a flow action to reconnect with the flow? Perhaps that could help to keep the app connected?

2 Likes

Hi, how it is working? When I added my dot gen 3 login to the amazon account I see the message in a browser - (Amazon Alexa Cookie successfully retrieved. You can close the browser.) in the homey app I had this message (No new devices have been found.) When I try to create the same flow I see in when section alexa options but in than section nothing

That would be brilliant !

Same here

Hey everyone,

I have not had the time to investigate why the disconnect flow is not working correctly. But I have made a minor update :

Version 3.8.1

Which includes a fix to the problem people have experience with their dot.gen4 as well as updates the the cookie refresh time. Also includes prep work to allow alexa skills to be actioned from with in a Homey Flow.

Please let me know if this helps with your connection errors, thanks

4 Likes

Hi, just installed and at least I managed to connect again to ALEXA account and it works. It has been impossible so far with the previous version. I’ll let you know if it will keep the connection. For the time being thanks!

@Jamie , after more than 13 hours the connection is still ok and the app works perfectly.

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for all your hard work. I installed this right away when you posted it but unfortunately it just disconnected just now a few minutes ago, so it only lasted a day or so. Just letting you know.

BTW, I’m on the North American server.

@Jamie after something more than 24h the app stopped to work as it happens when it loses the connection with Alexa server. However the app resulted still connected. In order to restart I had to disconnect and reconnect again.

1 Like