Hi Cluster, Welcome.

Yes.

Hero as always. Test time

thank you, find out that it was a stupid question
given what you have done :slight_smile:
How can I become a beta tester, or is
the application soon a release?
Admire your work :slight_smile:

Sounds like you are aiming for a high quality release before beta. Admirable. But beta testers are useful exactly for that mass testing. So open her up :grin:.

Can’t wait to give it a test, I can add an Orbi Voice as test device into the mix.

Any release date when this app will be available. I just bought the dot 3 and would like my Homey to send output to my new dot.

When it takes longer until beta maybe I can join alpha?

Jamie , when do you fix the problem when the connection aborted that the devices must not added again .:rofl::see_no_evil::question:

1 Like

That should have been fixed a while ago @Marc_A

Hi, when does the beta start?
I can hardly wait anymore!:star_struck:
Let it start, beta user are the best Tester!

I can test with echo gen2, echo gen2 dot, Vobot clock and Fire TV for Germany

I have an app with over 300 beta users, I released an update - asked for feedback and didnt get a single reply.

Beta users are not great testers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Then you probably have to increase the number of beta testers, then there are also users in the feedback.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I would like to join.

Great work guys. Would like to join your beta if possible. :grinning:

I would love to test the App too, im donating now:)

i tested it today 2 times , added some alexa devices and then i restart the app. After this i must add them again ( incl. all flows must be reconfig) . ( that also happens when the inet connection have some errors by my operator).

Can you please show me a screen shot of the alexa device after you restart the app. - Showing why they must be re-added.

Thanks

I have to click on config and reconnect to amazon in the app settings. After a few seconds all devices are reconnected.

1 Like

I suspect the behaviour of @Marc_A relates to Homey system version 2.1.2. Which system version do you have?
I am running on the experimental system version 2.1.2-rc3 and it behaves the same way as @The_Be reported.

1 Like

Sorry for not getting back to you, in as much detail as usual. I’ve been on holidays.

Currently if the app can not contact the server it thinks that it is disconnected and will destroy the session and ask for a new one. But there is another very obvious time when the app will not be able to communicate with the server, and that is if either you loose your Internet connection, or homeys wifi bugs out and looses connection.

I am currently working on a way for the app to ignore loss of internet connection issues, but like all things in life everything is more complicated then you expect.

I suspect your right @The_Be, and thank you very much for verifying this @mabe.

@Marc_A rather then deleting and re-adding the devices, you can go to the More -> Serttings -> Apps -> Amazon Alexa : and hit connect.

2 Likes

Hi Jamie

UK based with 5 dot 2s and 5 dot 3s. Would love to help with testing.

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work in advance.