[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Hi all,

Anyone else has the problem that after approx. 2 days Tile pro device are not found anymore?
After reboot homey everything is working again.

I had this problem before, but now It worked ok for a long time.

Grts
Ron

1 Like

I had no good experiences with the Tiles (Pro and Mate). They often lost contact to Homey although they were nearby. Now I use NRF51822 beacons for presence detection which are much more reliable! works well so far.

Hi Azid,

What range do these NRF51822 beacons have?

Thx

No problems with the tile pro’s overhere

In mi case approx 6 meters

Same here, so hang your keys somewhere near your Homey :smirk:

Annoying thing is, that it does not have anything todo with the range, If It works It detects the tiles If I am entering my street. It just wont see them until I reboot homey. Just restarting Beacon does not help.

I never had this problem until few firmwares ago. 2.5.x firmware problem?

No steroids :yum:, just not very far from my home. (max 20mtrs?)

1 Like

I recently had a tile that was 5 days stuck on “detected”. Rebooting honey fixed it and its working oke since then (about 10 days now). Since it was the first time till now I can’t say it’s a problem. Might have been bad luck in my case.

My range experience of the tile pro is also great. It’s detected about 20 m from the front door till all the way in the back of the garden👍

I can definitely recommend these from Ali:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/F7XzzNZq

That way you can also use your Tile in the Tile app on your phone…

I have the same problem.

In 1.x i reported this issue, in 2.x it worked for a long time quite well and now it’s back to continuous rebooting.

So I have a flow that reboots Homey each night.

Sorry for you @Quakerix , but sort of glad to know I am not the only one with these issues😬

Thanks, i ordered 2to experiment with :+1:

1 Like

I got 2 of those to experiment with but they are not recognized, unfortunately. With a ibeacon app on my phone they are found instant but homey tells me that no devices where found.:roll_eyes:

I’ve discovered that the beacons are found if you restart the app each time before you want to add one.

Adding them was also a bit and miss for me, but after a few tries I succeeded, I think I reinstalled the app in the process also

Hi all.
Guess what, The NRF51822 beacons have the same problem as my tiles, not detected anymore after xx days.
Only reboot homey works and they are detected immediatly.
Could this be a firmware bug, same as before? (some thing to do with ble and cache If I am correct?)

1 Like

It feels Like a core issue, not an app issue.

I have the same problem. Did you report it to athom?

No not yet

And? What is the result?