[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

maybe a weird question, but what does it add compared to the wifi presence app? no critique, just checkin

Does not work on rc11!

Comming home worked 100% all other detection disabled and test flow with notification also worked

Try going for a walk, the beacon stays ā€˜inside rangeā€™.

Hmmm looks like it works half then

My support issue about this ( BLE issue on V2) was closed yesterday afternoon. Does that mean they think it is fixed in rc11?

Hello @victoroos in my case the beacon app wil detect you direct and when your leaving it will detect this within 30 seconds, the wifi precense app detect you within 5 seconds and when your leaving it will detect this after 300 seconds

Look at the dutch 2.0 discussion. Works once indeed now, but still a problem indeed

I just purchased two tile pros and added them to Homey.

And somehow they stay on Detected Yes, while the tile isnā€™t in range anymore.

What did I do wrong?

Homey 2.0?

No 1.5

Have you firts installed the android app in the play store?

First I did not, since the tutorial didnā€™t say I should. Then it wasnā€™t working. So I did. Then it seemed to work, disabled Bluetooth in the app.

And now, day later. Continuously it states they are detected.

After registration in the android app you have to remove the android app completely

Hi have an iPhone, but for my understanding. Why do I need to completely delete it? They can not communicate with eatch other anymore.

How does this technology work?

Should I re-add them after I deleted the app.

Presence detection with beacons. I donā€™t always take my phone with me and WIFI is not reliable in my case.

Are there people that use the app with another beacon as described in the readme?
Will you please share your experience of the range in the appā€™s topic? That way other people can make a good choice of using the correct beacons.

1 Like

A BLE peripheral will ā€˜advertiseā€™ its services, basically sending a broadcast for anyone to hear. When the BLE is connected to anything (your phone for example) it stops broadcasting. So that explains why you should turn bluetooth on your phone off, or better remove the factory app for you BLE device. (Sometimes another app will turn off BLE, and then the beacon is also connected that will result in an ā€˜outside zoneā€™ trigger).

1 Like

So I deleted the app (which i think isnā€™t the issue since it was disabled), and then I checked whether the already added beacons were working.

They remained stating detected Yes.

Then I tried adding them again. Couldnā€™t because it stated no devices found.

Then deleted the beacons, and tried adding them again. Still no device found.

Removed battery from the beacon.

Still no device found. What I will do now is app-restart and p2p. Meanwhile any suggestions?

A p2p made the devices visible again.

Will test it tomorrow