[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

You can add the timer as a device. But you have to push on it to see the remaining time. And the remaining time is shown in seconds only so far as I know.

Happens for me every now and then like a counter keeps counting down forever and the app has crashed. Need to restart the app. Then it’s fine for a while

Hi,

I seem to be unable to use the “transition step” as a tag. Eve. Though the when is the start of the Trans. Hmm

How does this app work!? I started a timer and finished it. I can’t find the timer in tags. Why?

And is the crashing problem still a problem?

No crashes here, love the app

1 Like

You start a timer, and give it a duration. This can be a stopwatch or transition too. Then you make a new flow. There you add a when card, stopped, finished, etc. You can also add at and. So when it is night and timer isn’t running then do something.

But how can I get the tag, like this example? No tag is created when I start a timer.

You don’t.

This part is typed manually, no tag.

You can see running timers in the settings of the app.

I made a tag in logic :+1:

Right, never did that, why would you want that? What’s the use case?

I have started using chronograph recently. Timers work fine, but I think I found a bug in the stopwatch functionality. To illustrate the bug, I have made three flows.

Let’s first show what works.

Flow 1 to start a stopwatch

Then flow 2 to create a notification if it reaches 10 seconds:

So after 10 seconds, a notification is created in the timeline. All fine.

The problem comes if I change the action in the first flow. I do not want to start or replace the stopwatch, but I want to start or resume the stopwatch. Like in flow 3:

If I trigger flow 1, then I get a notification after 10 seconds. If I trigger flow 3, I do not get a notifcation. Between the tests I have stopped the stopwatch obviously, so in both cases it starts from 0. Also in both cases I see the stopwatch is running on the configuration page.

Am I missing something or is this a bug in the app?
Thanks for your respone in advance.

My guess:
When you start flow 1 stopwatch starts to count up.
When you start flow 3 is stopwatch already beyond 10 s.
You can check this in the Chronograph settings where you can investigate what is happening.

I’m curious, if I have a lot of timers running, will they continue running after a reboot of homey?

I think that the app “countdown” will continue after a reboot of homey :thinking: it would be nice if lights that is on when homey reboots will turn off when homey has booted.

@Osorkon, I guess you know the answer, right?

No my timers won’t continue after a reboot :pensive: but it seems like the timers set to “finished” after a boot but I’m not sure.

It’s already a long time ago. But I’m pretty sure that the timer continue after homey restart. By using the Countdown Timer App.

No, “countdown timers” won’t continue, they are stopped at start position. I have now tested the app “countdown” and it continues after a reboot.

2 Likes

I made a „Feature Request“ on GitHub. Let’s wait and see…