[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Normally we start a timer when motion goes off.
When motion detected we stop the timer.
Is this not possible with the shelly ?

Correct, during this tine motion will not be detected nor do I wish to buy another motion sensor. Havenā€™t thought about it how to solve, but I very much would like to be able to couple an action to the flip of a switch. When there is a momentary switch connected, this is not a problem for Shelly. I have all my dimmers2 from Shelly configured like that.

Just to be sure, what do these do?

Sounds to me they should do something with the input 1, right?

Canā€™t really get met finger on this shelly thing. I have multiple motion timers all around the house. All HEU or Aqara, All configured like you said. For some reason it doesnā€™t seem to work for Shelly. But havent put enough time into the issue to figure out what exactly doesnā€™t work.

I struggle adding a Shelly Uni to my Homey Pro. I also see the icon of Shelly Uni looks more like the Shelly 1 or maybe the Shelly Add-On. Is the Shelly Uni working as it should for you?

Iā€™ll fix the icon in the next release. Itā€™s completely unrelated to any pairing issues though. Since you are the first to report this my guess itā€™s something on your end. But feel free to send a diagnostic report after having tried pairing the device. Most of the times these reports are useless but sometimes it gives an indication on what is going on.

Hi Phuturist! Suddenly the Shelly app fails to start. All my devices get the red traingle with the exclamation mark. Iā€™ve created a report: 845710f8-1d25-40fb-ab1f-6297876a3d40. Could you please help me? Thank you!

There is only a log everything about an unreachable plug s in the log (IP ending with 44). Nothing about app crashes.

The obvious answer, did you try rebooting Homey? The less obvious, did you change anything in your network? Sounds a bit like this issue Shelly app causes Homey to restart continuously and show a red ring Ā· Issue #28 Ā· jghaanstra/cloud.shelly Ā· GitHub which Athom wonā€™t solve.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint! I did restart Homey, twice. The third time and an app restart later it suddenly works again, but Iā€™ll look into the issue with the plug. Iā€™ve restarted the network, but I tried reaching several Shellyā€™s via IP, which worked. Have a nice weekend!

Iā€™m having a bunch of issues with Shelly last 24 hours
Iā€™ve restarted the app, restarted homey and still got devices dropping

Itā€™s not holistic tho and I see no rhyme or reason for it. The devices that are working / not working all work fine from the Shelly app and all have the correct IP addresses as shownā€¦ Any ideas?

The error indicates a network issues. Homey canā€™t reach the Shelly device. Possible reasons:

• Homey has bad wifi connection
  • Shelly has bad wifi connection
  • Your WiFi is not stable
  • There is interference
  • Homeys network stack is unstable

Perhaps start with rebooting your router.

But this cannot be the case. I have 6 Shelly devices, 4 of them are working absolutely fineā€¦

• Homey has bad wifi connection
    o if this were the case 4 would not work
  • Shelly has bad wifi connection
    o if this were the case neither the 4 would work, or all 6 wouldnā€™t work via the shelly app
  • Your WiFi is not stable
    o itā€™s stableā€¦ everything else is working seamlessly
  • There is interference
    o nothing has been introduced to cause interference and itā€™s been fine for 12months?
  • Homeys network stack is unstable
    o Iā€™m not sure on this, but given other devices are working I canā€™t see how this could beā€¦

Try replacing the Homey power adapter.

Wifi is sometimes less stable, because channels are changed and maybe conflict with a new device or neighbour.

Please do let me know what the case is when you find out.

The Shelly devices state that wifi is good, and homey WiFi is working for yeelight (and other Shelly devices)ā€¦
The error is a network error in Homey for these two devices only, but it makes no sense since Shelly app can control then

@Phuturist never going to knowā€¦ Iā€™ve done all testing I can, so theyā€™re either broken or theyā€™ll randomly start working again for no good reason!

And the devices have a static IP address which matches the one in Homey?

As last resort you can try re-adding them.

Yes, both static (shown in screenshot that they match above)
Iā€™ll try re-adding I guess, they donā€™t appear without removing tho so need to check which flows Iā€™m going to need to fix first

v3.4.6 - 2021-10-15

• Updated the Shelly Uni icon.
  • Improved the dimming capability of the Shelly Dimmer, it now respects the transition time.
  • Fixed a small issue with crashes on Homey Cloud.
1 Like

I Installed the Shelly 3EM within Homey with app. Once the firmware of the Shelly is updated, it detects the Shelly 3EM and installed it. Perfect sofar. But then I noticed a few things, like:
I could not find the total powerconsumption of the 3 phases together. (In the Shelly webinterface there is)
Also, after changing wattā€™s to amps as default value on the Icon, the calculations/values are incorrect. After restarting the app, they are correct. (just a small bug, i think)
And, when using Sunpower, the power (watts) is displayed with a negative (-) sign, which is great and logical. (like P1 values) However, when using current (amps) as default it does not show the negative (-) sign, so one can not see if power is drawn or produced.
To be clear; great app, great work. But am I missing something?

BR

Feel free to submit a feature request on GitHub.

Sounds like a bug in Homey, afaik i have no control over this. You should report it at Athom.

Sounds like a bug in Homey, afaik i have no control over this. You should report it at Athom.

Clear. Thank you for your reply.
I will follow your advise.

BR