[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Yes, it will be added. As with all devices, it will be added once the API documentation becomes available. Unfortunately Allterco Robots does not update this documentation very often. Usually it can also help to donate or loan the device that needs to be added so I can built support for it based on the actual device. But I can not use this type of device myself.

You can track progress here:. https://github.com/jghaanstra/cloud.shelly/issues/43

Alternatively someone would have to send me the output from http://shellyip/status of this actual device.

I’ll need a little longer for the tests.

I installed v1.16.3 via the CLI. Still have the same problem. Only the two already installed devices appear (2.207 and 2.215). Now I deleted 2.207 and wanted to add the Shelly 2.5 as a roller shutter. No device appears. With the normal 2.5 again only 2.207 and 2.215.

In the Shelly App all are visible and working.

If devices not appear during pairing it can mean a couple of things:

• It’s already been added to Homey (check it through the app screen in the Homey smartphone app)
  • It’s not reachable (check it using the Shelly smartphone app)
  • It’s not discovered using mDNS (check if it can be discovered using Discovery for MacOS and Bonjour browser for Windows)
  • There is a bug in my code (run the debug branch from command line and post the command line output here)

I can see that changes I made in the app to avoid the Shelly 2.5 showing up in the pairing wizard of the Shelly 2 driver also mean that they wont show up when pairing a Shelly 2(.5) as roller shutter. I will add a seperate driver for this in the next release.

If an added device is still visible in the pairing wizard it could mean it’s been added before I made changes in the pairing wizard and switched from manual pairing by IP to autodiscovery using mDNS (this was requested by Athom). Either ignore it or re-pair the device.

1 Like

I looked at three first points:

IP addresses are assigned via DHCP and are reserved (= always the same address).

When I want to add a device, only 192.168.2.215 (already added) and 192.168.2.207 (is a roller shutter) appear under Shelly 2.5 Delay. With Dimmer and RGBW2 4xWhite Mode no device appears

How do I activate the debug branch in the CLI? Sorry, I’ve never used that…

Debug branch is the version on GitHub that I posted earlier. Download that and run it from the command line using the command homey app run. I just updated it with extra debug logging for the RGBW2 as well, so you need to redownload it. After running it, try to pair you device again and it will spit out extra logging on the command line which hopefully tells me what is going on.

Very interesting…
I have restarted my WLAN (Huawei AC6005 Access Controller with 4 x Access Points AP5030DN) And afterwards all Shelly devices were visible in the Discovery App.

Afterwards I could add the dimmer, the RGBW2 and two Shelly 2.5 in the Homey App without any problems. The roller shutters were visible under Shelly 2.5 but could not be added as roller shutters.

This rather indicates a problem with the Huawei WLAN. I have already read about problems with WLAN in various communities. I have to investigate.

Why was this not possible, what happened?

I don’t know. I see both Roller Shutters (configured with Shelly App) only as Shelly 2.5 Relay, but not as Shelly 2(.5) Roller Shutter.

Now the dimmer and RGBW2 are no longer accessible in Homey (unreachable). In the Shelly App and via the browser without problems.

This will be fixed with the next release.

You seem to be one of the few with these kind of problems. Makes it hard to troubleshoot. Perhaps something to add, if the wifi connection is unstable and Homey can’t reach a device during polling it will put the device in unreachable state and limit polling to every 63 seconds. During this time the connection might be restored (and you see the device working in browser and Shelly app) but Homey will put it online again once it can successfully poll the device. Running the app from command line for a longer period of time could confirm connection issues between Homey and your Shelly devices.

It’s really a little weird. The WLAN is actually very stable. But I have some problems with 2.4 GHz devices since a software upgrade of the access controller. I used another WLAN product for testing and it worked fine.

I’ll keep looking. Thanks for your help!

v1.16.3 - 2020-02-21

• Added new driver for Shelly 2.5 Rollershutter, you can re-pair it if you have paired as Shelly 2(.5) Rollershutter.
  • Fixed an issue where devices from another type could show up in the pairing wizard.
  • Small improvement to the pairing wizard which might resolve blank screens and timeouts.
  • Added a new trigger card for Shelly 1 and Shelly1PM which can be triggered using the callback URLs. These need to be set using maintenance actions under the device settings. See the app description on the forum for further instructions.
2 Likes

Hi!

Sorry it took some time, had to get to the local network of the device. Here’s the output of the http://shellyip/status of my Shelly 3EM.
Hope this helps. I’ll happily help with any other info needed.

{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“Krot.net”,“ip”:“192.168.1.108”,“rssi”:-35},“cloud”:{“enabled”:true,“connected”:true},“mqtt”:{“connected”:false},“time”:“14:22”,“serial”:16742,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“DC4F22764947”,“relays”:[{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“overpower”:false,“is_valid”:true}],“emeters”:[{“power”:89.06,“pf”:0.51,“current”:0.75,“voltage”:231.56,“is_valid”:true,“total”:66611.3,“total_returned”:0.0},{“power”:1401.63,“pf”:0.99,“current”:6.20,“voltage”:228.10,“is_valid”:true,“total”:132105.6,“total_returned”:0.0},{“power”:884.93,“pf”:1.00,“current”:3.86,“voltage”:230.16,“is_valid”:true,“total”:130078.7,“total_returned”:0.0}],“fs_mounted”:true,“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20200205-183800/master@fa9ba943”,“old_version”:“20200205-183800/master@fa9ba943”},“ram_total”:48704,“ram_free”:28700,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:162146,“uptime”:623962}

I’m having issues with my shelly 1. Fully functional in shelly app on the phone but unreachable in Homey. Been like that for some days now. Been working flawless before.

Have tried to add it again but with the same results

Update your Shelly to the latest firmware.

Update the firmware from the Shelly1 to the latest version and it wil be ok again.
Updating from within the Shelly app didn’t work but via a browser on a PC or Mac does.

What does the pf stand for in the output?

(and how is it possible you already own an 3EM while its still on pre-order … :face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

power factor

1 Like

pf = Power Factor (as stated by robertklep as well).

I Think it’s in pre-order only because they have more orders than stock. I got mine a couple of weeks ago along with many others (saw many posts in the Facebook Group Shelly Support - English).
So it’s out there :slight_smile: