[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

The first events from 18:07:25 DO trigger the flows in Homey.

The second and third events (open & close at 18:08:18 and 18:08:41) DO NOT trigger the flows in Homey.

My bad, I did not push the changes to the debug branch. Just did now. Can you redownload and try again.

@Phuturist

same output as before.

What Iā€™ve done.

1. Gone to https://github.com/jghaanstra/cloud.shelly/tree/debug to download the zipped package.
  2. Unzipped to package
  3. Run Node.js
  4. ā€˜Homey loginā€™ and enter credential / token
  5. Go to unzipped package folder
  6. ā€˜Homey app run app.jsā€™

Is that correct?

Just downloading the updated debug branch, unpacking it and running the command homey app run should be enough if you have node.js installed.

I just tested the debug code with a Shelly 1 (debugging the debug code, nice) and I get extra logging which you should also get. It seems you are not using the latest version yet.

@Phuturist

Sorry, stil the same. Are you sure you published the correct version? This is what I see on Github. Downloaded zip is 1090Kb (and has been that size the whole day).

Yes itā€™s correct. I triple checked now. Either you are using the wrong version or the output has actually changed and you are not looking at it correctly (the changes since the first version are not big but enough for me to tell what is going on. There should be at least one of these lines in there:

• Match on shellydw and open event
  • Match on shellydw and close event
  • No match for action or devicetype

@Phuturist

I dowloaded it again and started it again. No difference.

Not sure what I can do wrong. I have posted the link that I download the version from above and the steps I do to run it.

Is there a file I can check to double check that Iā€™m using the right version?

Your local file should look like this: https://github.com/jghaanstra/cloud.shelly/blob/debug/api.js

I just make a small edit to this file which will give another indication if you are using the latest version. So you should download the debug branch again. It should now read v2: API endpoint called with data: with every call. If you see the V2 you know you have the latest file. Then post the output here.

(and there is no need to mention me in the threads, as topic starter I already get notifications on every reply)

(ok, didnā€™t know, wonā€™t mention you in the threads :upside_down_face:)

I was using the right version and am also now using the right version (v2).

But I donā€™t think it gives you the output you are expecting. 2020-05-05_2229

Not expecting but that did pinpoint the problem. I just pushed a change to the debug branch. Could you try again.

ok, now it does give a different output.

Screenshot 1: Output with door open for 5-10 seconds. Flows are triggered as normal.

Screenshot 1: Door open and close in a few seconds. Flows are not triggered. But the new flow with the ā€˜Actie knopā€™ is triggered, showing that the tag ā€˜Actieā€™ contains the value ā€˜closeā€™. The batchjob then keeps on repeating the failed attempt. Looks like it is trying to reach the wrong device in the app (rollershutter)???

Hope this helps!

and how do I stop the app again? Homey is not responsive anymore (with led light on orange). Power off an on seems to resolve it though, but there must be an easier way.

You can do control + C to stop the app after running it. Just be aware you need to install it from the app store afterwards to keep using the app.

The log is showing all the right logging including updating the alarm contact when there is an open event. Itā€™s not updating the alarm contact when there is a close event. Iā€™ll have to look into that.

The log showing the rollershutter is something else. Appearantly you also have a Shelly 2 paired as rollershutter which is currently not reachable on the given IP address.

I cant really explain why itā€™s not updating the alarm_contact capability on a close event. I have changed the debug code around a bit which might tell me more. Could you give it another try by downloading the latest debug branch.

Tried it and it seems to work. Tested it 3 times by opening and closing the door immediately. :+1:

2020-05-06_1142

ps: not sure about the rollershutter issue from before. Yes, I have a shelly 2 paired for my tv-lift.

Good, Iā€™ll push the changes to the app store.

1 Like

And thanx for the donation, much appreciated ā€¦ :beers:

v1.19.2 - 2020-05-06

Two fixes for using callback URLā€™s for the Shelly Door/Window sensor.

1 Like

I have a question.
Has someone the button action trigger card working?

If it so he can show an example flow.
Thanks!

1 Like

Heads up, Iā€™ll be releasing a big new version with some breaking changes soon. If you are effected by these changes and want to migrate to this version on your own time, this is the moment to disable automatic updates. The next release (v1.20.0) will contain these changes:

• The recently added triggercard for button action callbacks will break because it is replaced by a more generic Action URL card, please update your flows.
  • Polling for the Shelly Flood has been removed and is replaced by report callbacks from the device itself as this is much more reliable. If you have a paired Shelly Flood, please perform the URL callbacks maintenance action to set the callback urls (see the support topic for further instructions).
  • Added manual pairing fallback for all drivers, this is handy for those with segmented networks where auto discovery does not work.
  • And there are some small fixes in various drivers in this release as well.