[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Thanx for looking into it Robert. It explains the behaviour we are seeying here but it’s strange though. It would mean all users would be effected by this at some point but reports about this are limited. I never experience this myself when testing devices.

@Paul_Kessels you could communicate this info with Athom although them fixing it seems highly unlikely.

I don’t see any way of telling Homey how long it should run the discovery for, so it could very well be that when a Homey is busy, or has networking issues in general, it’s not receiving all the discovery results within the allotted time (I guess you have to ask Athom how long that is).

The only Shelly Device I can see is the roller-shutter device. The plugs are not visible (unless they don’t have Shelly in their name/description). If this is true, why does the Shelly App see them and the Homey Shelly App not? And maybe something changed in the firmware of the Plug causing this to change (since in the past, the plugs were found by the Homey Shelly App).

Then the issue is with the plug. You add them in the official Shelly app through it’s own WiFi network. This is different then the mDNS discovery used by my app and can’t be compared. You need to contact Allterco Robotics and ask them why your plug is not responding to mDNS broadcast messages.

@Phuturist I’ve multiple Shelly 1PM which are called “Light”, but of course they are in a separate zones. In case of the Button Action this is problematic as only “device” and “action” are available. How can differentiate between the Shellys except changing names of the devices?

The name is currently the only way to differentiate. But I guess I could add the device identifier as tag is well which is unique. Can you submit a feature request on GitHub so I won’t forget.

Feature request submited, thanks :slight_smile: . Btw. where do I see the device identifier?

You don’t. It’s a technical ID (so you first have to see what it is by sending it as notification to your phone or something before being able to set it as a condition to filter on).

I contacted them. They say they didn’t change anything and that their own app is using UDP and mDNS. Weird. Adding it manually seems to work for now.

v.1.23.0 - 2020-06-23

• Added device ID to callback trigger card
  • Removed the old button events card which was deprecated since the last couple of app versions.
1 Like

I have a question about the internal circuit of the Shelly 1 - hoping someone here can help!

Basically, the problem I have is that I have two separate circuits on two separate breakers but I would like to combine them to work together from a single switch.

I would do this using two Shelly 1, and simply I could wire in 1 to each circuit and then when one is turned on, turn on the other using Homey

However, I would like to have a physical switch that controls both… with this in mind, my question is around the SW input. Is this used simply  to indicate the switch, or would linking something into this combine the lives? So, could I use the switch from one circuit to control both Shelly1 safely or would this lead to the separate live feeds being combined?

If this isn’t the case, can anyone advise of a solution to use a single switch with two separate circuits?

Hi, You can link 2 shelly devices to operate as one. this can be done either with or without the use of the Homey. Or you use a Shelly 2.5 with 2 circuits and have 1 SW switch both outputs at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks @Domotica_Shop_nl - to be clear, they would still need to traverse via wifi to work together right? Or would they connect direct to each other?
I’d like a physical solution which didn’t require wifi

Re. Shelly 2.5 - are the two circuits entirely separate? It looks like they share a neutral which might ‘cross the streams’ on my separate RCDs?

From what I’m reading about it: yes, you would short the live feeds of both circuits. So instead of a physical connection, try setting up a logical connection between two Shelly’s like @Domotica_Shop_nl is proposing.

1 Like

Yes they share the common, so better use 2x Shelly1 and connect them via Wi-Fi, there are numerous options either bij direct URL, Scene or Homey. including timer schedules.

Hello,
Quick question, does anyone encounter flow problems after the latest update few hours ago?
Every flow I had with an URL callback of a Shelley device stopped working because the Shelley card is marked as unavailable.
Is there an easy solution or I have to edit all my flows? Basically I cannot use the physical switches to turn on/off the lights anymore.

LE: Something it’s weird, I just saw that the “Action event” is not available anymore under the device options

However under Apps, there is a new Shelly thing that appeared There I can see an action event that has 3 variables Device ID Name and Action

So this means that I have to recreate all my Flows (around 50) with Device ID, Name and again Action? I really find this very cumbersome. I saw that was one request from a person that didn’t want to rename it’s Shellys and then this happened. I really don’t understand why we all have to suffer. And I don’t really see the advantage of having to copy/paste an ID which by the way don’t know exactly where is it instead of just selecting a device in a room. Will be great if it is possible to revert to the previous state as now I can only turn on or off my lights from the phone :(.
I hope I didn’t offend anyone with my comment. I really appreciate the existence of this app but I also appreciate stability and not having to recreate all my flows every time there is a change.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Daniel

thinking about this tho, does that matter?
My light switch doesnt utilise the neutral so presumably that N is only to power the shelly itself?

Edit. Looks like they share the live internally so it’s a no go on the 2.5

a solution to use a single switch with two separate circuits?

You mean this is what you want?
This way you cannot switch the lamp on the right, via Homey.

This will not work, the bulb on the right side will be on permanently

Why? there is a switch between the brown and the black wire!