[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

New fw shelly. https://shelly.cloud/firmware-1-9-released-nov-23-2020/

Don’t know if it is relevant but there is some info on coap for the dimmer2.

why is my Shelly 1pm reset after power outage? doesn’t it save the values? it had about 40kWh on the clock and now its gone. the Power By The Hour app has a negative value now because of it. how am I supposed to measure the power if it is resetting because of a power outage?

You are better off asking Allterco Robotics (the company behind Shelly) about this.

Ok, let’s hope CoAP does not turn out to be slower than the REST API for action events and all my efforts would be in vain.

Yeah. I tried it the last days and not good news. I updated homey to R43 and the shellys to firmware 1.9.
After that it takes about 2 - 2.5 seconds for the shelly to sent the CoAP-Message. You can see that, if you use the action command.

This problem was there before and was fixed with firmware 1.8.3. See (in German):

But it is now back again with firmware 1.9.

Even worse, some CoAP-Events are not ever send. You can see that beause the eventCounter jumps e.g. from 91 right to 99. This not only happens to inputEvents but to all other CoAP changes as well.

I opened a ticket with shelly.cloud.

Maybe you should move the changes to a different branch until shelly fixed that bug for good…
(Other home automatisation solutions depend on CoAP as well as they don’t use MQTT, so they have the same problem now, too)

Sebastian

1 Like

Hi,
I seem to have issues with adding a Shelly 2.5 to Homey. I’m using the manual option with IP address to add the Shelly. It keeps complaining that i selected the wrong device at the add-device screen. I tried both the 2.5 relay and roller shutter options.
My Shelly 1’s are working fine, this is my first 2.5 that i’m trying to add.
Thanks!

This error occurs when the IP address you have entered does not return a hostname that starts with shelly25-. This mostly occurs when the IP address you entered is not a Shelly 2.5 or is not reachable by Homey. When do these URLs say: http://theipyouareadding/settings and http://theipyouareadding/status when you open them in a browser.

Hi, thanks for your response. My device starts with shellyswitch25-xxxxxxxxxxxx . Is there a way to change it to shelly25-xxxxxxxxxxxx ?

Ah I see, it’s actually a bug in my app. I’ll fix it in the 3.x releases.

I’m going to push to the test channel first to see if I can get some more data and other people experience this as well. I had someone else in the Shelly QA group on Facebook look into this and he could not confirm this. His CoAP event messages where instant. It would be good to get some data and use it to pressure Allterco Robotics with it.

1 Like

@Phuturist Thanks, any idea when the 3.x release will be done?

In the meanwhile, I’ve created a ticket at Shelly to see if it somehow is possible to change the hostname of the Shelly. I will update this topic when i get a response.

I have uploaded verion 3.0.5 to the test channel in the app store. Most noticable changes sinze 3.0.4 are:

v3.0.5 - 2020-xx-xx

• Changed the way the triggercard for “Action event” works. It now uses CoAP for communication as well, this means this release will remove all HTTP callbacks from the Shelly devices if Homey detects a Shelly device that is using them.
  • Fixed an issue with the action tag for the Shelly i3 not showing which channel triggered the action.
  • Fixed an issue with manual pairing of Shelly 2.5 Relay and Roller Shutter

Disclaimer: there is a report that the action events over CoAP have a delay or do not come through at all. I’m looking for people that can test this and either confirm or deny this. You might have to update your flows when you install this release and might have to revert them back if there is indeed an issue with the CoAP messages for action events and I have to switch it back to using the HTTP REST API. It would be of great help if you can test this.

If you want to use or test this version see this post for more details. Beware that using version 3.0.5 will remove all HTTP callbacks and switched to CoAP but You can also find the entire changelog of the 3.x versions of the app in that post as well.

I have been done with the 3.x releases for months now. It’s more a question when Athom will be done with firmware 5.x. See the post above for more details.

There is a bug in the latest update of Shelly (20201124-092620 / v1.9.0) of the Shelly Dimmer 2. In the latest update, the (URL) triggers are not responding.

I’ll send you a PB for the test version.

Received a response from Shelly support:

I’m not migrated to Homey 5.x firmware so i guess i have to wait until the Homey 5.x firmware will be released on the stable channel.

Hi @Phuturist!
Hope you are in good health!
I have another great Shelly 1 app request.

I am using a Shelly 1 in a light circuit with some Hue lamps. There is also a switch in the circuit, connected to the switch input of the Shelly 1.

I´ve set the shelly to always power on the Hue lights and the switch to be detached, so that when my wife and kids use the switch, the hue lamps remain powered, and homey can keep doing my flows.

Now i want to improve it and use that same switch as a variabele in homey, so that i can still have it to switch on and off the hue lights, but then via homey! (Keep the wife happy… you know…)

Flow would go like: when: Shelly1: the switch is on or the button is pressed, then: set Philips hue to sceneX

Doing like that, I will no longer have unresponsive (=powerless) Hue lights and i can even use a different flow depending on the time of day the switch is pressed!

Is this possible to integrate in the app man? Forever gratitude!!!

Cheers,
Quin

Which version of the app are you using. Isn’t this already possible with the input switch state which is available in the 3.x version of the app?

@Sebastian_Lotz and actually anyone who is up for the task. Could you test Shelly firmware 1.9.3 RC1 together with the CoAP input events (version 3.0.5 of my Shelly app).

I’m in contact with the developers from Allterco Robotics about the delayed and missed CoAP reports and they are trying to fix it. Any help testing would be nice.

The best option, if it is possible, is to run tcpdump and monitor port 5683. Wireshark could be used to analyze.

1 Like

I have v1.25.6 i´m not on the experimental homey stuff btw. Great to read it´s already in then after your great update work! I guess i´ll have to wait until the homey update, or go for the experimental stuff?
Gras.

Will do.
For others:
The new RC firmware can be downloaded here:
http://repo.shelly.cloud/firmware/rc/
an pushed to the device via:
http:///ota?url=http://repo.shelly.cloud/firmware/rc/SHSW-1.zip
(Be aware: you have to use the right filenames for you devices! SWSH is e.g. for a Shelly1)

Please do only use it to test the CoAP bug.

Sebastian

2 Likes

Is there any way that I can add a Shelly 1L when still running on the stable version of Homey (4.2.0)?