[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I think I found the issue.

All the Shelly Plug S’s IP addresses in the Homey Shelly App somehow changed. For my DImmer2’s and Shelly 1’s everything was stil ok. Although annoying it is simple to correct. Everything works as normal now.

Remains the question how this could happen. I use fixed IP addresses and noticed that for most of them the address changed +2. So IP ending on .50 became .52 , .51 became .53 etc
Other clue ; I think the problem started 28/2/2021 at around 17:30. Maybe this is of some help for future troubleshooting.

Hi all,

I found that running the app with COAP enabled, certain flows are working only from time to time. If they work, they respond as they should and the processing through Homey is very fast since the update! However, every now and then I flick the switch and Homey doens’t execute anything. This irresponsiveness can last for several minutes at least (then I stopped trying flicking switches) The Shelly reports it’s status change just fine in the Shelly app.

With COAP disabled everything works well all the time.

Has anyone faced a similar issue perhaps and can point me in the right direction to solve it :slight_smile: ? See below my (simple) flow.

Is there someone here that uses the Shelly 3EM with Homey and can it is working properly. I heard about a possible bug in the CoAP message for this device and wanted to check if it affects my app as well.

I’ve contacted Shelly support as well for the Shelly Motion, which can’t trigger a lux event. Their response:
The lux sensor cannot trigger event it is working as you described, showing the values when motion is detected. For now it is not possible to reduce the blind time , we will see in feature.
I hope they noted the request, and will develop it in the future. Useless for my intended use for now.

Hi,

Neither my 1pm or 3EM are reporting properly in homey. No update to them since 3.0.26 installed.

Is the bug still waiting for squishing with the input reporting too?

Happy to test or do debug reports on the 3EM if you need.

Thanks

There are no know bugs in the app at this moment… If it’s not working for you it’s likely something in your setup. Try rebooting the app. If doesnt work afterwards send me crash report.

Ah, looks like network CoAP messages has died on me again then. Get the initial update on reboot of the app then nothing afterwards.

Strange as my network settings haven’t changed since it was working with 3.0.20. I’ll keep trying and switch back to HTTP if not.

Thanks

Hi,

First, thanks for a great app! I’ve been using it a lot these last years.

Now I just got a Shelly EM3 and I’ve noticed that I only get the first value reported from the device. It never updates again.

The device status looks like below, updated and good.

{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“DEVICE”,“ip”:“192.168.1.82”,“rssi”:-57},“cloud”:{“enabled”:false,“connected”:false},“mqtt”:{“connected”:true},“time”:“21:24”,“unixtime”:1614979448,“serial”:26,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“8CAAB561F317”,“cfg_changed_cnt”:2,“actions_stats”:{“skipped”:0},“relays”:[{“ison”:true,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“overpower”:false,“is_valid”:true,“source”:“http”}],“emeters”:[{“power”:206.85,“pf”:0.89,“current”:1.02,“voltage”:226.69,“is_valid”:true,“total”:16087.5,“total_returned”:0.0},{“power”:4.38,“pf”:0.70,“current”:0.03,“voltage”:227.72,“is_valid”:true,“total”:8998.3,“total_returned”:0.0},{“power”:0.00,“pf”:0.00,“current”:0.04,“voltage”:226.48,“is_valid”:true,“total”:8896.0,“total_returned”:2.3}],“fs_mounted”:true,“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20201124-092854/v1.9.0@57ac4ad8”,“old_version”:“20201124-092854/v1.9.0@57ac4ad8”,“beta_version”:“20210122-155800/v1.10.0-rc1@00eeaa9b”},“ram_total”:49296,“ram_free”:29816,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:150851,“uptime”:7006}

Any idea where and how to troubleshoot this? I’ve tried bypassing the homey and pushing this data via MQTT to influx and Grafana but it would be a LOT nicer if it worked through Homey :slight_smile:

There is a known issue with the 3EM and the current CoAP communication. It’s being discussed with the developers of Shelly right now to see if it can be solved in the next firmware update of this device.

If you are not using action events you could temporary switch back to http polling (in the app settings) if you accept the delay in response time that comes with http polling.

2 Likes

hi, new issue

I have 2 H&A units, both mains powered, both are online.
both as of 3 days ago havent processed an update on Homey,

ive put full details on github

Hello,

i made this flow to update the temperature value from the shelly temperatur sensor to the virtual vThermo thermostat, but it doesn’t work, any suggestions?

Thanks

Philipp

You have not dropped the temperature token of the trigger card in the action field for the virtual device.

i don’t check it, ist this one? or how to do?

thanks

hello,

i‘m not able to selct a token in the when trigger, „temperature“ ist fix, is this a bug? should it not be in my case temperature sensor 1?

is there nobody who can help me?
thanks

philipp

You do not need to select the token in the when you. You need to add that token you have highlighted in the action card to update the virtual device.

Hello,

I have now tried with different tokens, once with the flow (temperature), which according to me but makes little sense because he shows nothing, if I take the token from shelly 1 (temperature sensor 1), this shows exactly the current temperature, then this should be the right because I want to write this temperature?

@balmli has extended vthermo with an action flow so that you can update the temperature directly, without the detour via a virtual temperature sensor.

but it does not seem to work.

greetings

philipp

I had some problems sync the status of the Shelly Vintage in Homey, so I deleted the shelly in Homey and want to add it again. If I want to add a Shelly Vintage to Homey, it says “socket is not defined”. What does that mean and how to solve it? What can I do?
All my shelly devices use static ip address.

Never seen that before. Is the firmware up to date? Where do you see this error. And can you reproduce and send me a crash report afterwards.

socket is not defined here: cloud.shelly/drivers/shellyvintage/driver.js at 1a3d021b6ea736d41827861ba0110677cf5a94da · jghaanstra/cloud.shelly · GitHub

There’s also an issue with callback not being defined here:

Hmm, that’s some copy paste code from the Homey SDK documentation I believe. Will look into it, thanx. That whole line seems to be obsolete.

And missed that socket.on listener. Will look into that. @Bram_Verbong , there is a bug in the pairing of the Vintage. Will fix it with the next release.