[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Yes, got back to 3.0.37

Thank you for your response
I also downgraded and it works again.
I think the names of events changed between 3.0.37 and 3.0.38.

So 3.0.37 is working but 3.0.38 has issues with the action events? 3.0.38 is only available in the test channel at the moment.

Please confirm the exact version numbers where you experience issues.

And it would be nice if someone on 3.0.38 could confirm that if you update the triggercard (resaving the flow) fixes the issue.

I confirm with version 3.0.38 (test version) my scripts related to my i3 were no longer working.
I found that event names no longer had underscores, but even after I changed and saved, I couldn’t get my scripts to work again.
Thank you for your work. Great app

hello, i updated the triggercards, but the actions doesn’t work :frowning:

Go back to the app store version (3.0.37). You are running the test version of the app (3.0.38).

Can someone test the action events on the test version (3.0.39) and let me know if it works again.

Hello,
I tried the 3.0.39 but it doesn’t work for me.
For example, the event name “short_push_2” becomes “Short Push 2”.
If possible, I would like not to have to change all my flows.

I’m aware of this. It was requested by Athom that I’d update the names of the action events to more friendly and readable names but appeareantly this is not even possible without breaking existing flows as the name is used as identifier. I’m gonna revert these change and tell them to stop suggesting stupid improvements that arent even possible without effecting the current users.

[EDIT] Ok, with some extra code I can prevent the previously added triggercards from breaking. Will be releasing 3.0.40 once it gets approved by Athom.

3 Likes

I see that a lot of issues are being reported. Luckily I can report that both channels of shelly Uni now seem to be recognised. Thanks for fixing. I hope you manage to fix the rest of the issues too. I also hope that they are not caused by my request.

Edit: removed nagging

So @Phuturist As always, thanks for debugging man. All Shelly working fine except two i3’s where I use short push event action.
fw i3: 20210413-154502/v1.10.2-gb89901a
shelly app: 3.0.40
Homey: 5.0.4

Since last week the short push actions are not working anymore. However, I do see the input states changing when I pushed the buttons. (last change “some seconds ago”).
The flows however are not executed. So I did what you asked:

• saved the flowchart again without changing anything
  • edited and changed short_push_1 to short push 1 and saved.

Both actions do not make it work. Lights are not responding.
I also checked the coIoT setting, strange, they were changed to homey_ip:5683 Is that something you pushed API-wise to the i3’s?
I changed it back to mcast (homey and i3’s are on same subnet) and rebooted the shelly, still no dice. Restarted the shelly app too, no dice… Both mcast as unicast homey_ip:5683 are working, the input states where changed in homey, but no response from the lights. (All flow actions are logged, there isn’t a log entry either, so the flows are not triggered)

I’d rather not restart Homey because the zigbee network is not 100% stable (Athom should rather focus on that [amogst other issues] instead of trivial action titles!!!)
As I can toggle the lights through Google nest mini, the impact is limited, but the wife starts to complain :confused:

What can I do more to help you fix this?
42a5882e-bb61-485a-bf50-1ac9a03a5608

Edit: fixed for now by using input changed action cards

Hopefully fixed with release 3.0.41.

Yes, this was added some releases ago. You should keep it to Homey’s IP as unicast is preferred over multicast.

v3.0.41 - 2021-04-20

• Added a “Input x Has Changed” trigger card for devices with inputs
  • User friendly names for events in action event trigger cards
  • Removed previously deprecated generic input has changed cards, you should use the channel specific cards by now
  • Fix issue where Shelly Uni did not create a device for the second relay channel
  • Rename temperature capability of Shelly Plug S to device temperature
  • Remove obsolete input_1 capability of Shelly Button 1
  • Deprecated the combined temperature and dim action card for the Shelly DUO as the can be achieved with two built in action cards

Hi @Phuturist
I received the update 3.0.41 and disabled the input change actions (set last night to temp fix problem), so the event action short push 1 etc… are active. I see the input state changes in Homey, but the corresponding flows are not triggered. Same behaviour after restarting the shelly app.
93f77008-9df8-48c6-8176-20037c1f71c1

Those diagnostic reports are useless in this case. No need to send them. Is it only the Shelly i3 where the action events are not working or for other devices as well. Please supply more information.

euhm, what info are you looking for specifically?
Glad to help out, but not sure what I can provide…

The short pushes are registered in Homey as I see the input changed (a few seconds ago) when I pushed the button.

I asked if this is only for the Shelly i3.

I don’t use event actions on other shelly’s then the i3. Those are the only push buttons in the house :confused:
Could I test it with a 1PM and regular switch by setting it to ‘any action’?

No, you would need a pulse switch to register short- or long push. It seems only the action events for the Shelly i3 are broken in the latest release. Problem is that I cant test it so I’m a bit in the dark as to why it’s not working. The code for the action events is getting rather complex.

v3.0.42 - 2021-04-20

• Fix issue with action event trigger card not firing.