[App][Pro] D.A.L.O.R - Digitally Addressable LEDs On Rest

Thnx for the quick response. But the old Homey is completely turned off.
I also tried to connect a WLED device that wasn’t connected to the old Homey at all.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Raymond Bras

Strange, I changed the connection of my Homey Pro 2023 to wifi instead of ethernet. Now it’s working again.

hmm… that’s strange. Could be a Homey firmware issue. The detection relies on Homey’s internal discovery implementation.

Hi, as I moved to HP23 (old sphere broke down) I’m looking to replace something to mimic the screensaver function. I found this app, but the opening post and most of the reactions in this thread look like a more DIY solution than something out of the box. I also found the Magic Home app, but not sure which is better for what situation. Can anyone help me?

What I’m trying to achieve (copy-paste from the Magic Home thread):

• I would like to create effects (wave that kind of stuff) so in need addressable ledstrips and a controller that works with those, right?
  • It’s for a Livingroom situation, so I would like warm white to be in the package also
  • I prefer plug-and-play (and when DIY, instructions should be idiot-proof and an encased solution)
  • Off course the setup should work with Homey and this app (because it seems very promising!)

Anyone order something similar recently?

Hi all,

i would like to create that effect on my stairs, i have ESP32 controller, WS2815 and Homey23,
everything is working fine.

but how can i create that lights effect and not the color effect? https://youtu.be/6dLohE-6stQ
do i need to do it on Homey or WLED controller?

thanks.

Hi @Tarecco,
Yoou got to try this out. What you for sure need to do is program the sections in the WLED controller. So one section per step, so you can assign those individually with effects and stuff.
Whether the sequential on/off logic needs to be done in WLED too, I don’t know. Maybe someone else here has build anything similiar and can help.
In theory you could control every section from Homey and build an advanced flow doing this sequence activation. But it is not quaranteed that the delays are accurate.

1 Like

thanks for you reply,
yes, i have created 12 sequentials with numbers of the leds. That work fine.
i had doubt if i need to go further on the controller or Homey, hopefully there is someone has create something like that and can tell me how they did it. in meanwhile i will try to see if i can fix it.

let you know.

ok, i found it but i cant seems turnning on the lights by segments or im asking something that not supported yet?

No it is there. But segments cannot be controlled by the UI. Because segments are a dynamic thing and the UI is static. What you are looking for are the flowcards to control the segments. Look for these THEN cards for your WLED device:

i found those flows, i have created a test flow, color is white. but nothing is happening.

btw thanks for your time.

Looks like something is missing. Is that the segment set card? You might actually need to send a turn on command to the WLED first and not just a color change. It has been a while since I been working with WLED things ^^‘’’

done that, if i add turn on card, all lights will turn on and segment #0 has different color.

Thaaat cannot really be. Please double check and make sure you are targetting the correct segment. I am not sure bot sometimes things start with 0 sometimes at 1. Make sure the LED Profile is set correctly in your WLED and that the segment can be controlled from the WLED app.

If that does not turn out, please reproduce this by executing the flow once and sent an app diagnostics report for this app right afterwards. Can check whether I can see the issue in the logs.

check my flow and my stairs. it seems #0 is correct.

8285bf21-066a-471c-842e-b12ba5a0e8a7

please let me know if you need anything else.

Strange. I cannot see anything going wrong really. Also there are no errors.
I have no idea what could possibly be wrong.
Does setting the whole strip work? If not something else is strange. Incompatible WLED firmware or whatever. But if setting the whole strip works then there is something strange with your segments. I got no idea.

its fine to know there is nothing wrong, then i need to check my settings on the controller. My leds are working fine, i’m using WS2815.

Turn on flow is it for all of the leds or at this point only for this segment? im trying to understand how the flows work.

The onOff is for the whole WLED device.
If you want to animate or color with disabled LEDs you just set them to pitch black.

That’s a good idea! I will test it and let you.

still no success, any help or ideas are welcome.

Would it be possible to enter WLED IPs? I’ve got my WLED ESP32’s in a different VLAN. The app doesn’t find them now.