[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

Version 2.0.108 is now Live

Once I get confirmation that it is working additional devices/features/flows will be released.

1 Like

I followed the instructions but I’m not able to connect

I figured it out, I needed to disable two way verification in arlo app.

When do you release cameras and vmb4500?

Damn you Jamie, now I have to buy these gorgeous arlo cameras…

Awesome work man!

Awesome! Works perfectly.
arlo1
arlo2
Good job!

I cannot add any device. It says there is no device to add. I do have VMB4000.
May be that I didn’t follow your instructions. I first went to config app and logged in. I tried logging out, and redoing with add device, but it logs in automatically.

Installation = OK
Adding Base station = OK
Login to Arlo services = OK
Working with trigger and condition flow cards = OK
Flow cards work as intended = OK

Ready for next test! :smiley:

1 Like

@Tb1 Thanks for the feedback - Ill add a comment so that others know to disable 2FA/MFA. Can you confirm that everything is now working correctly?

@T_swe are both audio and motion events working correctly?

@nmeden It should be possible to connect first from the settings, with out any issue. Can you please delete the app, re-install it. Attempt to add your device and when it fails to find your base station - send a diagnostic report.

@johan_bendz - Great feed back, I think ill start supplying a similar format going forward for testing.

Would be awesome if there is any who can confirm that two base VMB4000 can be added at once via the app.

Status

Scope Feature Testing Completed
App Installation of Arlo App
Account Initial connection to Arlo from the settings page.
Account Initial connection to Arlo from the add device page.
Account Disconnect to Arlo from the settings page.
Account Reconnect to Arlo from the settings page.
VMB4000 Adding VMB4000 Base station
VMB4000 Working with trigger and condition when attached camera to the base station has motion event.
VMB4000 Working with trigger and condition when attached camera to the base station has audio event.
VMB4000 Motion event flow cards working as intended.
VMB4000 Audio event flow cards working as intended.
VMB4000 Add multiple Basestations.

Yes it’s seems to working correctly.
Sorry but I don’t have 2 VMB4000 but I have 3 vmb4500 :slight_smile:

In when cards I only have:
Motion activated.
Motion deactivated.

I don’t have when audio detected.

Nothing to use in then cards.

Ok, tried reinstalling (already did it before first post)
d47b6463-ffce-4857-9f5b-ad8ece64c6c2

Installed 2.0.108 today and did some tests.

• Adding base sation worked np as you know i use the r3 version of the vmb4000
  • Flowcard for motion alarm activ/inactiv. Havent tested Audio yet
  • secondary flowcard for motion check works
  • settings page works connecting disconnecting
  • Timer page works ( Have not verified the timers itself)

So far i havent found anything not working in the current version exept getting a little nerfed compared to previus alpha version :wink:

One thing we need to keep an eye on also i gues onward Jamie is the app crashing after x amount of days like the old 1.5.6 did. Going to keep an eye out for that.

// Ted

1 Like

@Teddy Do you have audio cards? I don’t :frowning:

1 Like

Hey @nmeden thank you for taking the time to submit the error. I’ve reviewed it and it looks like its being detected as a different device (not VMB4000. (And the crashing). ).

The next release should fix the crash part so that we can find and fix the model ID discrepancy

@Tb1 I can confirm that audio cards are not correctly showing, thank you for finding this out, this too will be fixed in the next release.

Scope Feature Testing Completed
App Installation of Arlo App
Account Initial connection to Arlo from the settings page.
Account Initial connection to Arlo from the add device page.
Account Disconnect to Arlo from the settings page.
Account Reconnect to Arlo from the settings page.
VMB4000 Adding VMB4000 Base station
VMB4000 Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has motion event.
VMB4000 Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has audio event.
VMB4000 Working with condition 'and 'attached camera to the base station has motion alarm is on/off.
VMB4000 Working with condition 'and' attached camera to the base station has audio alarm is on/off.
VMB4000 Motion event flow cards working as intended.
VMB4000 Audio event flow cards working as intended.
VMB4000 Add multiple Basestations.

Updated version will likely be submitted tomorrow.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has already been noted but for me it appears as though motion detection in homey is working perfectly fine after a restart of the Arlo app but 5/10 minutes later it doesn’t seem to respond to motion anymore.

Is this something anyone else noticed as well?

Noticed that i was missing the flow card för audio when i was going to test it.

@Hannes85 no i havent noticed it. I have had the app running for a while now doing tests a litle on and off. Can you reproduce it in a 100% step by step list?

// Ted

Yes, I have similar problems. Yesterday I tested a few times without any issue. The motion flow worked perfectly sending a message to my mobile phone.

After that I haven’t touched either Homey or Arlo.

I forgot to put on geofencing today and I have had a lot of detected movements from netgear during the day when I was walking around with activated cameras. But not a single message on the mobile from the Homey arlo app!

I will test sound motion flow when I have time for it.

Edit: Restarting the homey arlo app fixed the problem. Havent tested for how long though

Ok i have reproduced this issue.

Working with trigger when attached camera to the base station has motion event.

• 20200307 19:53 Installed the app and configured the flow
  • 20200307 20:10 Motion triggered Netgear arlo app/Homey arlo app message
  • 20200307 20:16 Motion triggered Netgear arlo app/Homey arlo app message
  • 20200308 08:33-15:31 Motion triggered ~ 20 times Netgear arlo app message
  • 20200308 21:56 Restarted Homey Arlo app
  • 20200308 21:57 Motion triggered Netgear arlo app/Homey arlo app message
  • 20200308 22:48 Motion triggered Netgear arlo app message
  • 20200308 22:48 Restarted Homey Arlo app
  • 20200308 22:49 Motion triggered Netgear arlo app/Homey arlo app message

Hey @T_swe

Sorry I am a little confused can you confirm. The device was correctly detecting motion from 19:53 TO 15:31. Then you believe it stopped working, so you restarted it at 21:56.A which time it started working again?

I think I can replicate the issue, though I am unsure as to what it is related to I suspect it could be one of the following.

• How my code communicates with the Arlo servers.
  • Related to the internet connection dropping out for a moment and the app not reconnecting to the servers afterwards
  • While highly unlikely I wonder if it occurs when you open the app.

Ill continue to look into the issue.

I have similar issue. Yesterday my arlo app registered motion several times when homey didn’t.