[APP][Pro] Ecovacs - Deebot

T8 aivi, working like a charm here. Only tested a couple of times, since I’m currently in the North Sea at work :sweat_smile:
So says a little how easy it is to install and set up at least :blush:

Running v0.6.2
Deebot Slim2 Series, Status: Online at Ecovacs phone app.
Homey v6.0.0-rc.5

Whatever I do, it returns this error: _onVacuumCapabilityChanged() -> error: cannot read property 'send' of undefinded
Hope it is of any help.

Is the battery status visible on the device’s page in the Homey app?

Battery isn’t visible for me

No, it has a ? sign in the battery symbol.
Also it is not visible in all devices battery info.

Just installed it; installation was easy, also the ability to select one of the two robots I have. Furthurmore everything works great. Nice job!

The Deebot Slim2 uses a protocol that’s not able to connect to the server at the moment. I’ll try to find a workaround to get it to work.

For technical users ; The Slim2 uses the XMPP protocol to send commands and receive updates.

1 Like

Ah okay, so the newer models work as I noticed, but Deebot Slim2 uses other or maybe ‘older’ technology. It would be nice if you can get it to work also. No hurries!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Shame it isn’t working with the Deebot Slim 2. Fingers crossed it’s solvable!

1 Like

“One can’t have it all” as we say here :upside_down_face:

Haha yeah, indeed. Honestly, I would like to upgrade from the Slim 2 as it’s fairly dumb and inefficient at cleaning. However, it’s the only robo Vacuum with a slim enough profile to actually fit under my couches, so am saddled with it for the foreseeable future!

1 Like

It cleans enough for me. Back then I bought the cheapest I could find, but I wanted it to be able to dock and charge by itself.
And its low height was a good selling point.

It only starts sleeping mode after charging. So unreachable with Wifi, that’s a bummer. Didn’t bother me much, b/c it runs on schedule.
Do you happen to know if this “feature” sleepmode can be turned off?

Oh, it’s very stupid seeing it drive backwards with no sensors there, trying to drive through the wall :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I’ve found a solution to (hopefully) get the Slim 2 working.
After trying to emulate the device, as I don’t have it myself, I’ve found the bug and should be able to push an update today.

2 Likes

Awesome. Looking forward to testing it :slight_smile:

nah, it doesn’t seem like it’s possible to turn off its hibernation mode

Polling the device every few minutes might keep it from dropping wifi - any idea what the standby timer is, and if keeping the app open prevents it from activating?

Version 0.7.0, adding a dashboard and a fix for Deebot Slim2 devices is currently being reviewed

1 Like

Strange things do happen… I tried it just for fun with the ecovacs app, and it was still online!
I have to say, yesterday I deleted it from Ecovacs app and wanted it to pair again. I had to fiddle with my wifi settings, and suddenly it paired. I changed 2.4GHz ch13 to ch11, and WPA2 to WPA&WPA2
Maybe now different wifi settings made the difference? Shouldn’t be but, who knows.
Happy camper overhere

Where’re you located Glenn? I’ll bring mine if needed​:ok_hand::wink:

Well, hopefully the 0.7.0 update will work for you! Based in the Netherlands and Belgium btw. :slight_smile:

Regarding the wifi, I’m guessing the onboard chip doesn’t handle wifi connections very well, an issue I had on my older Neato devices as well.

The 0.7.0 update also does some polling every 5 minutes for cleaning numbers, and every hour for brush lifetime updates - that might keep the device “alive” and connected to wifi as well.

Here’s hoping! :smiley:

1 Like