[APP][Pro] ELKO Smart (deprecated)

@Gjonte, did you resolve this?

My 316GLEDs was on/off in stability for a while, so I updated to v7 in the hopes of fixing it. After that, every 316GLED have been unreachable, just like yours. I’m having a hard time trying to reset the dimmers, as all the automations would have to be redone as well. Same for my HomeKit setup.

Really hoping there is a solution soon.

Also on channel 11 on the zigbee network.

I have the exact same problem, running latest 7.1.3. The signals are good, and it’s easy to pair new ESH Super TR Thermostat RF, but every time Homey is booting, most of the Elko devices looses the connection, but you can interview them and get the correct answer. Exactly the same units in the same network worked fine with SmartThings, so I don’t think there is any bugs in the Elko units. I’m running the latest ReleaseCandidate now, but the problem was there from the beginning. Anyone knows how to solve this? Rebooting the app does not fiks the problem, I’m running on channel 14 now.

I have a Homey Pro on the way in the mail, but have only one Elko Smart device at the moment. The SmartSolskjerming Bryter. Is this supported today, or any plans to support it?

@aklophus

Not supported at the moment….but hoping

I have the same problem in v1.0.7, rebooting the app helps but I have to do it several times, and the radio signals are excellent! I had the same network with about 70 devices running on Smarthings for two years without any problems. Is it possible to fix this issue?

I have 9 ELKO Smart Super termostats, they all worked fine when I used Smartthings, so the radio coverage is excellent. With Homey, all the thermostats loose the connection and the icon shows red triangle after rebooting Homey. I have to reboot the app several times before the thermostats comes back again - and from that point they always works excellent. I’m sure there is a bug in the app, is this anything you can check? Do you need any reports?

Hi, new with Homey and have just started pairing my different Elko Smart devices. For the ESH Super TR Thermostat RF and the SmartDim Universal Turn, everything works flawlessly!

However, I struggle to pair the ESH 316GLED Dimmer RF. The instructions for pairing say " Click and hold dimmer Wheel 1. and pushbutton 2. until green LED 3. Flashes" However, the dimmer only has a dimmer wheel (at least I cannot find any button). If anyone can provide some guidance on this that would be much appreciated.

Also, I tried to unplug the Homey to change its location at home. When I plugged it back in all the SmartDim dimmers came back up, but all the RF Thermostats now have a red exclamation mark sign, and say “Device unavailable”. Are there any ways of reconnecting to the Thermostats? Or do I have to delete them and reconnect every time Homey is without power?

Best,
JF

I have the same problem. Rebooting the app several times, helps. This happens after Homey is rebooted and must be a bug in the app. See my eatlier posting.

1 Like

Hi there, would you add support for:

• SMARTSTIKKONTAKT ENKEL 16A
  • SMARTSTIKKONTAKT DOBBEL 16A

/seiern

4 Likes

Hi

Will there be any support for the ELKO smart PIR dimmer?

The dimmer works as a generic zigbee device with on/off and adjusting lights, but I want to know if the PIR sensors registers movement. I can however make a flow that register that the lights are turned on, but then it can be turned on by PIR, button, app or flow.

Smart Home dude

Hi!

When I have time :slight_smile:

Much of it is ready but there is still some work to do

1 Like

Hello!

Im trying to pair my Homey Pro with Elko WL 4-Pushbutton that I have everywhere in my home. But I can’t connect it, because Homey apparently can’t find it.

So I guess the app don’t have any support for this atm? :slight_smile:

Are there any chance to get them added to the app?

That’s not a Zigbee component is it? It is an Elko proprietary protocol?

It uses 868mhz frequency, so it shouldn’t be any problem for Homey Pro to pick it up.

The magic behind 433 and 868 MHz on Homey | Homey You Are correct. However, the app would need to have drivers written for the 868 stack as well, so it requires more work than a new zigbee component. It would be great to have it working of course :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have a similar problem. When Homey is restarted, some thermostats may fail to initialize. When I restart the app, those who failed may work, and others may fail. If I am lucky, all are at some point initialized. Then they work perfect until homey restarts.

@prj_84 Is it possible for the app to retry initialization if it fail, either automatically or by clicking the thermostat icon?

Hi

@prj_84
I also have the same problem. Everytime homey reboots, one or more thermostats fail to initialize, and stands as “Enheten kan ikke nås” in homey which loosely translates to “Device unreachable”. In the developer tool, I can see the routing, and can interview the device and I do get an answer from the device with full information. So homey apparently can reach and talk to the device.

Currently I have two thermostats and one Dimmer that is “unreachable”, but I can interview all in the tool.

Strange…

I have tried to remove the devices, and add them again. But after reboot one or more devices inevitable fail again.

Sincerely!

Hi @Jon_M

I struggled with that my self. If You have the GLED dimmer, you have to take off the cover. First take off the button, then unscrew the red plastic ring, and take out the seethrough plastic ring. Then You can take the cover off, and there is a spot for something pointy to push the button. (the hole is marked) Put everything together in opposite direction.

Hope it works.

1 Like

Hi,

Seems like after the new update to homey, i can no longer add a dimmer to the smarthome. Maybe some code that needs updating? Nothing happens when i try to pair it with homey

I’ve got the push dimmers