[APP][Pro] Flow Checker

Good one @Peter_Kawa ,
Will change that.

1 Like

Maestro, maybe youā€™d noticed it alr, but the title of ā€œUnused Variablesā€ went missing.
And the summary description for this changed to ā€˜settings.unused_logicā€™
(the total # of unused vars is still correct).
v1.11.0

Cheers!

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.11.1.):

• FIX: locale issue

@Peter_Kawa Fixed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New app update (test: 1.12.0.):

• NEW: add folders to flow notification and settings

Notification:

Settings page (bold text is folder)

CC: @Homey-Cornelisse

8 Likes

:+1::black_heart:

1 Like

I have a question:

I use the trigger card ā€œthis flow has startedā€ a lot, so this ensures that the list of unused flows is very long for me, which is actually incorrect.

Is there a way to not show these flows in this list?

Regards Jan Willem

I use the live version 1.11.1

I have flow A that starts flow B.
I have deleted flow B.

Flow A still shows ā€˜Start Flow Bā€™

Should your app detect that flow A is now ā€˜corruptā€™?

Hey @Jan_Willem_Visser ,
Iā€™ll check that, it should only report the flows which are not started by another flow.

1 Like

Hey @Niels_Veldman ,
Actually the other way around. So if you delete flow A it would show flow B as unused.

Iā€™ll check the possibilities for this. Maybe mark the flow as 'broken' as the linked flow doesnā€™t exist.

This is not something Iā€™ve implemented yet.

Will add that to the todo list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve checked everything but canā€™t find any flows that arenā€™t started by another flow.

Since it concerns almost 190 flows in the list, it does not seem to me that all of them would never be started

In addition, there are important flows that do their job many times a day. So it seems that they are actually incorrectly listed.

1 Like

Any ideas?

@Rocodamelshekima yes :frowning:

See [APP][Pro] Flow Checker - #4 by martijnpoppen FAQ Q2

So Homey cannot deal with to many flow triggers

Ah ok. So it should only happen the first time and not when just a few flows was disabled. Gonna watch it closely because I donā€™t think this was a first time run.
Thnx for the answer.

@Rocodamelshekima it happens when a big amount of flows changes. For every flow theres a trigger. Which can cause this. So of you have a lot of flows the limit is reached faster.
Iā€™m not sure how many triggers cause this limit.

Well, itā€™s like more then 10 times in a second. But I keep an eye on it, cheers

Must say there was a few flows disabled at that specific time.

Yes! thatā€™s for every flow it wants to report. So only if you made a flowcard for flowchecker.

Did you start using the app 2 days ago?

I still want to find a way to fix this.
Iā€™ll put a maximum on the trigger within a minute. Maybe that will fix this issue. :man_shrugging:

Thanks for adding this feature, will save a lot of searching. :pray:

2 Likes

New app update (live: 1.12.3.):

8 Likes

Thank you verry mudge for the update, works great now.

1 Like

Hi. Great app.

I have a suggestion for a new feature in your app, which concerns the issue when you rename flows. Obviously, it is an issue Athom should adress, butā€¦ you how that can go.

So the issue is that when you rename a flow which is part of a chain of flows, the parent flowā€™s ā€˜thenā€™ card doesnā€™t get updated with the new name. So when you go into the parent it will show the old name and then it becomes really difficult to maintain your flows.

Could your app come with a notfification like: ā€œFlow A started Flow C, which used to be called Flow Bā€ ?

1 Like