[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Hey everyone, I have not personally seen this issue on v5, it also doubt that it is a ‘group’ bug.

Likely something pretty deep in with in the firmware. @MarcoRuiter mentioned on github that Athom might already be looking into this.

Simple truth is I have just the one Homey which I use to run my home, adding remove/group isn’t a task I can test with out upsetting my wife. I look forward to buying a pro when they become available in my region (AU) so I can test for issues like this in the future.

Thanks

2 Likes

@Jamie Any reference to github where you have seen this comment from @MarcoRuiter?
Regarding the wife comment, I sure can relate to this as I am in the middle of the migration now :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone please fix this app for v5 ? Can’t create groups because icons not showing and app crashes after that (Homey version 2018 and firmware v5.0 RC).

Is there a test version with SDK3 api use?

Hello.

I have a problem regrouping my Somfy RTS roller shutters.

Each roller shutter works well with Homey but I can’t seem to group them together. I installed the app and, after clicking on , Homey offers me to choose the type of device to group. I choose “Blinds” and I end up on a list in which I can only choose the 3rd line “Window coverings state” (the others do nothing). Then I can choose which panes to group but when I want to operate the shutter group, I get an error message “cannot read property ‘windowcoverings_state’ of undefined”.

What can I do ? Thank you for your help.

Im current running on version 5, I am able to add items, with out an errors. However I do get the same issues as @AlainMic, but if I restart the app after adding a group the group then works correctly. Does this also fix the problem for you?

Editing an existing group works as expected (for me).

I haven’t see the sql error unfortunately.

No, sorry, it still doesn’t work.

I created a group with 2 roller shutters, I closed the Homey app, then I reopened it, and it doesn’t work.

When I choose “blinds” or “window coverings” then I have a list where I cannot choose an option to raise or lower my shutters. The only option that then allows you to choose the shutters is “windows coverings state” … and it is therefore normal that the grouping of the two shutters does not work when I press the Up or Down button.

c’mon, he was talking about restarting the [group] app from within/inside the Homey app, not closing and restarting the actual Homey app.

Also try this:

1. restart Homey, the device (more → settings → general → restart homey), wait at least 2 minutes (my case, with homey pro … the device restarts in 8 seconds, but the installed apps take longer)
  2. restart the [group] app, (more → apps → [group] → cog icon → restart app), wait at least 5 seconds (my case)

Homey’s Firmware update to 5.0.0-rc.38 has fixed the not showing of icons and subsequent sql error for me. Adding a new device is working again.
It is however needed to stop and start the app before the device can be used.

2 Likes

Any update on how it’s performing on the release candidate?

There is nothing in v5 that “should” break it, or require the app to restart … If you start sending diagnostic reports when I test it it will be easier to fix

I’m happy to report it is working fine for me. I have groups for curtains, blinds, lights and temperature sensors and all. I’m using v5-rc 38.

Good morning all

My version of Homey is : 5.0.0-rc.22, and I can’t update it. And so still doesn’t work!

When I click on Update, Homey tells me the app is up to date.

What to do ?

Turn experimental back on

Excuse me but I don’t speak English well and I did not understand your answer (even after the translation into French). Can you detail a little bit ?

Turn experimental on

Perfect, thank you, I understood correctly.

Running 4.2.0 and just downloaded the group app.
Trying to make an alarms for the battery level on a aqara window /door sensor, but i get a fail that says " unknown error, invalid class"…

Anyone know what’s wrong?

Hmm, i see om using 2.4.202, and not 2.4.2 that seems like the latest release.

How can i update it manually?

Now in the AppStore, seems to be the last version:

According to first post 2.4.202 is beta and 2.4.2 is Stable .

Can’t make any groups as i all the time get some sort of error

To bad. Then i have no idea why it’s not working.
Can’t make a group with temperature sensors, or a group of battery devices for instance